Hellraise GT-I9100 Jellybean for SGH-I777

Search This thread

sk8ordie0

Oct 15, 2011
Question . can I flash the new shoshock for i777 with ktoonsez kernel if I use the hell raise for keys? No need for a base because its already there right? I know I can use aj's kernel but my phone over heats and gets crappy battery life too.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
Question . can I flash the new shoshock for i777 with ktoonsez kernel if I use the hell raise for keys? No need for a base because its already there right? I know I can use aj's kernel but my phone over heats and gets crappy battery life too.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

No you can only use the kernel in the shostock3 thread.

Sent from Team Pirate! Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sk8ordie0

Jungkyu

Oct 18, 2011
Which modem am I supposed to download?

I don't see any CM9 modems in that link. I see a bunch of ICS modems and CM7 modems bolded in red but which one do I download?

mrxjhsnx

Nov 18, 2010
Reno
Is there any way of getting a 4.2 i9100 ROM on our phones?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

jerad_rutnam

Jan 28, 2013
Colombo
www.jeradrutnam.com
Thanks for the Post

Thanks, I just learnt which files I should replace to Port i9100 Roms to our i777 devices.

So far my new ported rom (AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4) works fine except I noticed toggle window touch slide window flip animation stopped working. needs to find where to fix it.
If any one knows how to fix it please feel free to contribute and im hoping to share it with others who are struggling to get the latest aokp updates for their i777 (because there is no official AOKP 4.2.2 release for i777 devices yet).

Keep it up the good work!! :)
Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device: Galaxy S2 AT&T SGH-i777 (Attain)
ROM: AOKP JB-MR1 Build 4 (Android 4.2.2) Ported by My Self

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is to help people hellraise a GT-I9100 Jellybean 4.1 rom for use on our AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777.

Get what you need as of August 1, 2012:

1.) Download a Jellybean 4.1 or 4.1.1 rom from the GT-I9100 forums. (NOTE: do not use from the I9100G, the hardware is different)
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

2.) Download a JB compatible SGH-I777 kernel. The following have compatible versions:
    - Dream Kernel ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788148 )
    - Siyah Kernel ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592228 )

3.) Download a CM9 SGH-I777 modem (this is AOSP based and needs a CM modem)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336958&highlight=cm7+modem

4.) Download the Hellraiser zip I have attached to this post. This adds the needed keylayout and lib files for the SGH-I777.

Move the files to your internal SD card on your phone.

INSTALL ORDER:

1.) Boot into CWM recovery and do a Wipe/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache, Format System.

2.) Install the Jelllybean GT-I9100 rom zip (Note: if the rom uses AROMA installer, do not reboot after install)

3.) Install the SGH-I777 Jellybean compatible kernel.

4.) Install the Hellraiser zip from this post to get the correct keylout for you SGH-I777.

5.) Install the SGH-I777 CM modem. (all JB roms at this date are CM10 based)

6.) REBOOT and get you some Jellybeans!

Credits go to Team Skyfire for the Dream Kernel, Ktoonsez and Gokhanmoral for the Siyah Kernel, RockRatt for the modems, and drakester09 for the keylayout and lib files in the Hellraiser zip attached. Thank these awesome devs every chance you can get!!
    Or he could've just googled i777 status 7 error.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you are right...but it never hurts to help someone along.

Sent from my smooth as butter SGH-I777.
    You can't get the hellraiser files to work because the kernel with the leak does NOT have CWM recovery.

Kernel sources for this leak have not been released by Samsung so a proper kernel including CWM cannot be compiled.

I'm absolutely dying to try the leak but experience tells me to hold off until an I777 kernel is produced for JB Samsung.

My advice is to back off and wait for someone experienced to either make an I777 kernel with CWM injected or a proper I777 kernel compiled from source. Otherwise you will have multiple issues with the leak.

Because the original ROM creator may have tweaks in the build.prop I figured it best to leave the device I'd alone.

You can manually change the build.prop to show SGH-I777 if you need it.

Kernel is Siyah 3.5.1, as mentioned in first post.

Did you get the Siyah CM10 Test Kernel or the normal ICS 3.5.1 version? I would bet the 3.5.1 ICS version. My apologies...I should have been more specific.

As far as I can tell, the Siyah kernel generated by Ktoonsez for the SGH-I777, has separate ICS and JB versions. The GT-I9100 Siyah kernel is version 3.5.2 and seems to be for BOTH ICS and JB roms but that is only for that phone.

At this time, Ktoonsez' Siyah has mic swap and no mic swap versions for ICS 3.5.1 but the CM10 test kernel seems to be without mic swap, which would cause your call audio to be low since the top mic is being used instead of the bottom mic. Without mic swap is only for AT&T leaked roms (and we all know AT&T won't be releasing JB to us anytime soon). Please go thank or donate to Ktoonsez anyway because you know he will be on top of this in the future. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592228

I would highly recommend the Dream kernel WITH mic swap. This should fix your problem. Don't forget to Thank or Donate to Team Skyfire if you use their kernel. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788148

I am using the 2.6.9 version of the Dream kernel (with mic swap) with great results. For some reason, which is explained in their thread, 2.6.9 is actually newer than their 3.2.9 version. Something to do with the TWRP recovery for one and not the other.

Please let us all know your results using the proper kernel.