[ROM][4.1.2] AOKP JB Milestone 1 [ALPHA3][1/5/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I'm really loving the ROM and having AOKP on my Note II but I can't for the life of me get the phone to mount on my PC.

It tries to install the software but always fails. Anyone have any tips?

blacjac30

Jun 14, 2010
Sorry. It won't connect to lte/cdma network. By default its on gsm I believe. When I try to change mobile network it fc. I can't make any calls because of this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Sorry. It won't connect to lte/cdma network. By default its on gsm I believe. When I try to change mobile network it fc. I can't make any calls because of this.

Do this. Its happening to a few people.
Guys I dont mind answering any PM's but if its related to the roms I support, please just post your question in the related thread. That way everyone else using the rom can try and help you.

If you experience a "dead" radio after flashing this all of a sudden where data and calls are broken, what you need to do is open up a terminal on your phone or ADB and do the following commands
Code:
If on phone terminal:
1. su
2. rm -r /sdcard/Android
3. reboot

If on computer using ADB:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. rm -r /sdcard/Android
4. reboot

The same thing happened to sbrissen and myself earlier and thats what he told me he did to fix it. Even that didnt work for me so this is what I ended up having to do:

1. nandroid/flash back to touchwiz (I actually odined back to LJ1 but just flashing back should work also)
2. go to settings > mobile network settings
3. [SIZE="2"]Somehow my prefered network mode got switched to GSM/UTMS. Switch it back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO, reboot and everything should be back to normal[/SIZE]
4. Now you can flash back to PA alpha 2. Hasnt happened to me since.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: blacjac30

drbill1967

Nov 25, 2010
Had a lost mobile network when i flashed alpha 2 of unofficial cm 10, could not figure out for the life of me what was going on, Sprint could not figure out what was happening, flashed back to H20 rom and still no network, flashed this rom and found a setting in mobile network settings to switch from RUIM/SIM to NV and boom mobile network is back. Only found this option in this rom. Thank youuuuuu.

I am just an old fashioned country doctor Jim.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Anyone having issue with charging their phone on this rom. Weird, my battery is slowly discharging as i am on phone and it's plugged in. Going to try a different cord and car charger.

kronium

Jun 29, 2007
Ewa Beach
Great rom! A couple issues...

Bluetooth turns off after reboot.
No way to turn off CRT animation when powering off.
Toggle bar needs to add Nav bar on/off.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Hey guys, got a quick question for you all. I have a build compiled with a few extra goodies. I cherry picked a few commits for AOKPs gerrit that bring spen gestures. They are a bit buggy though. Some actions work, some dont. I also cherry picked a commit that adds a setting to the Camera app where you can choose where pics save to (internal or external), although you cant see external pics taken in the camera app by swiping to the left. Just leave camera and check Gallery. Should I release build as Alpha 2.1?

Jsarge45

Nov 15, 2012
Lawrenceville,NJ
Hey guys, got a quick question for you all. I have a build compiled with a few extra goodies. I cherry picked a few commits for AOKPs gerrit that bring spen gestures. They are a bit buggy though. Some actions work, some dont. I also cherry picked a commit that adds a setting to the Camera app where you can choose where pics save to (internal or external), although you cant see external pics taken in the camera app by swiping to the left. Just leave camera and check Gallery. Should I release build as Alpha 2.1?

Why not

kronium

Jun 29, 2007
Ewa Beach

Please do. I LOVE AOKP. I hope you keep up with it and get some help soon. Awesome work brother.

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
[/COLOR]Anyone having issue with charging their phone on this rom. Weird, my battery is slowly discharging as i am on phone and it's plugged in. Going to try a different cord and car charger.

This could be that your car charger isn't supplying enough amperage to charge the phone while in use. In other words your phone is eating up more power than your charger can output. This might be the case, but the only way to know is if you try it on stock. And that is no fun, so try a reboot and clearing caches in recover maybe a rogue app is running. If not it's the charger.

Sent from my SPH-L900

nicenice19

Jul 27, 2010
South Florida

Absolutely!

drbill1967

Nov 25, 2010
It was actually the wall charger that came with the phone. Had another wall charger from my Evo that is charging fine as is the car charger. Maybe the strand of xmas lights that I was plugged into the back of had something to do with it. :-/

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Im still trying to figure out how/if people can mount their phone to the computer? I have Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP) under Storage / USB computer connection. The computer tries to install drivers on both modes, but fails on both. Have have been moving files to the sd card using adb, but its kind of a pain. Any input would be appreciated.

dude12v

Mar 8, 2012
Austin, TX
What app are you guys using for the WIFI hotspot or wifi tether?? The trev e mod one does not work . It gives a ad hoc error.

GREAT ROM everything working perfect. No bugs found yet. Thank you.

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
Im still trying to figure out how/if people can mount their phone to the computer? I have Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP) under Storage / USB computer connection. The computer tries to install drivers on both modes, but fails on both. Have have been moving files to the sd card using adb, but its kind of a pain. Any input would be appreciated.

I've been searching found 1 solution but it didn't help made a thread in Q&A I got the repeats of what I've said. PM maybe we can figure it out. I've been transferring through my sdcard reader

Somebody try this and get back to me I've tried it but didn't work for me

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800935

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS BASED ON AN ALPHA CM10 BUILD BY SBRISSEN. PLEASE MONITOR ITS THREAD FOR POSSIBLE BUGS AND PROBLEMS!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047667

aokptitleblue-1.png

installation-1.png

If coming from a different rom, follow all steps. If only upgrading, skip wiping data unless told to do so:
    • Make a Nandroid
    • Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • Wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot

downloads-4.png

contribute-1.png

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - AOKP team
    - CyanogenMod team
    - Teamhacksung crew
    - sbrissen for his device tree, vendor files and kernel

Developers spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx
    Donate to sbrissen

Donate to CyanogenMod

Donate to Teamhacksung

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to them on #TeamKang Channel!

source-2.png

Best way to help out or contact me is via PM here or on IRC

Click that Thanks button if you appreciate me building this rom for you guys :D
    changelog-2.png

• Whats not working in Alpha 3?
    • Anything not working in sbrissens alpha 3 CM build
    • Camera and Torch apps are a bit iffy at first but work fine after some use
    • You tell me!

What bugs can I expect?
    • Any bugs in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
    • You tell me!

What else?
    • You tell me!

Video review and how to install courtesy of owenbeals! Check out his channel here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_77Fie24xXA&list=UU1J4DKcJXENzC-FkyMU6dow&index=2
    Alpha 3 is up guys. Big thanks to sbrissen for updating his source!
    Nice, you've been doing A lot man. Very much appreciated!
    Nah this stuff is easy. Sbrissen is doing the real hard work so go thank him :)