[Q] How To Root Xperia M Dual 15.2.A.2.5 Firmware?

Search This thread

Rrazorr

Jan 24, 2014
Hey I just bought Xperia M dual 2004, updated it to the latest firmware i.e 15.2.A.2.5. but now i want to root my phone, and I can't find any specific thread to root this firmware, I don't wanna take risk of rooting it with any unsafe method. So if anyone can guide me to root this model would be glad..
Thanks In Advance.. :)

Evil-Droid

Jan 27, 2014
Use this method.

Hey I just bought Xperia M dual 2004, updated it to the latest firmware i.e 15.2.A.2.5. but now i want to root my phone, and I can't find any specific thread to root this firmware, I don't wanna take risk of rooting it with any unsafe method. So if anyone can guide me to root this model would be glad..
Thanks In Advance.. :)
Goto cydiaimpactor . com (Remove The spaces)
1) Download and Install the tool.
2) Connect the Phone with USB Debugging Mode On.
3) Start The Tool and Press Start.
4) Your Phone is now rooted
5) Install Superuser form market and install Busybox
THIS METHOD WORKS FOR XPERIA M SS/DS ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Goto cydiaimpactor.com
1) Download and Install the tool.
2) Connect the Phone with USB Debugging Mode On.
3) Start The Tool and Press Start.
4) Your Phone is now rooted
5) Install Superuser form market and install Busybox
THIS METHOD WORKS FOR XPERIA M SS/DS ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE

DON'T FORGET to use this after that, otherwise the phone will reboot whenever you try to remount /system as RW (required by almost all root apps)

Last edited:

Evil-Droid

Jan 27, 2014
not facing any remount issue though.

I have not faced any remount issue after following the above process. Btw im using Xperia M(C1904) crossflashed 15.2.A.2.5 (from Xperia M Dual), n Smartdevil kernel.

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
...Im using Xperia M(C1904) crossflashed 15.2.A.2.5 (from Xperia M Dual), n Smartdevil kernel.

That's why you don't get this problem. The stock kernel includes the ric binary in the RAM disk, if your bootloader is locked and you try to remount /system as rw, ric will reboot your phone. The fix I linked was made by NUT and consists in marking ric a non-executable file every time you power on your phone, so it won't get executed and doesn't reboot your device after remounting :good:

vishalomatic

Jun 10, 2014
signature bugs unavailable

When I connected my mobile and run impactor.
After clicking on start, it starts testing, after few seconds it shows a dialog box showing "signature bugs unavailable"
what does it mean?
Currently I am using JB 4.3
Can u help?