[ROM][8.4 WiFi] Debloated - Rooted -DeOdex - Knoxless - T320XAR1ANAI - (04/05/14)

Search This thread

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
Runs great. Surprisingly with all the bloat removed it still lags here and there. There wasnt alot more ram freed up on mine either. Im not knocking your work whatsover I just didnt see a big improvement removing all the bloat I expected. Anyway I love these clean rom type roms and I didnt test battery life improvements. I also disabled the my magazine stuff and disabled touchwiz. Google now flies on this tablet. The 3 apps I really would like to be able to flash are the stock music and video players. I really like those and hancom office. Thanks for the hard work. My new daily driver. You got the best teacher on your side

fusionx86

Oct 5, 2013
I'm also on your new ROM now. So far it's running great, but I'll post back here if I see any problems.

I don't think this necessarily speeds the device up but it does give me peace of mind knowing all junk I don't need has been removed. It's got to help battery life and save a little storage space too! Thanks again for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Installed and running great. Thanks a lot.

Thank you very much.

Runs great. Surprisingly with all the bloat removed it still lags here and there. There wasnt alot more ram freed up on mine either. Im not knocking your work whatsover I just didnt see a big improvement removing all the bloat I expected. Anyway I love these clean rom type roms and I didnt test battery life improvements. I also disabled the my magazine stuff and disabled touchwiz. Google now flies on this tablet. The 3 apps I really would like to be able to flash are the stock music and video players. I really like those and hancom office. Thanks for the hard work. My new daily driver. You got the best teacher on your side

Thank you. Lag is all relative tbh. IMO this tablet flies compared to Nexux 7. Several of my pre-work testing and after my work show dramitic improvements in 2D rendering and so forth. I will be adding flashables, as I put them together.

I'm also on your new ROM now. So far it's running great, but I'll post back here if I see any problems.

I don't think this necessarily speeds the device up but it does give me peace of mind knowing all junk I don't need has been removed. It's got to help battery life and save a little storage space too! Thanks again for sharing this!

About 350 megs of space from Bloatware is saved.

There is more that can be removed as I do more research...

Should have about only 1gb of Memory used from fresh install. Of course any apps that are restored will change this. but Android manages the memory,so it's not really an issue that users present it to be.

Last edited:

Rhodesfreak

Apr 16, 2011
Hi Gunthermic!

Thank you for the great job! I really was looking forward a debloated ROM.

Could you please provide the stock music player and video player as flashable zips?

One question more, is the multiwindow option included in your ROM?

Thanks!!

Best regards

Last edited:

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Hi Gunthermic!

Thank you for the great job! I really was looking forward a debloated ROM.

Could you please provide the stock music player and video player as flashable zips?

One question more, is the multiwindow option included in your ROM?

Thanks!!

Best regards

Stock Google Music Player? Or Sammys Music?

Your very welcome, I hope you are enjoying it.

Multi-Window is built into Stock ROM.. You enable it via Toggles. So not sure what your asking.

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
Stock Google Music Player? Or Sammys Music?

Your very welcome, I hope you are enjoying it.

Multi-Window is built into Stock ROM.. You enable it via Toggles. So not sure what your asking.

Samsung stock music and video players. He like me use the stock players. Personally i like what Samsung has done with them plus they allow the gestures and voice support. Thanks. Awesome rom

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Thank you. Lag is all relative tbh. IMO this tablet flies compared to Nexux 7. Several of my pre-work testing and after my work show dramitic improvements in 2D rendering and so forth.

About 350 megs of space from Bloatware is saved.

Should have about only 1gb of Memory used from fresh install. Of course any apps that are restored will change this. but Android manages the memory,so it's not really an issue that users present it to be.

Yep, I agree with all your statements!

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Okay now that Scrosler posted his own CleanROM. Just a quick take if anyone is using this. No sense beating my head againist a proven commondity..

fusionx86

Oct 5, 2013
Gunthermic, I ended up flashing scrosler's CleanROM just to try it out and will probably stick with it for now. Your ROM is a great step towards a better GTP 8.4 world though. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work!

Reactions: unoken2

guidogsbn

Feb 7, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Time to work again...

Working On:

1. Flashlight Mod - Completed - (04/06)
  2. Removal of Magazine App in Launcher
  3. Debloating even More
  4. Aroma Compatiable Installation
  5. 1% Battery Mod - Completed - (04/07)
  6. Clock Center,Left,Right with am/pm Mod

Okay now that Scrosler posted his own CleanROM. Just a quick take if anyone is using this. No sense beating my head againist a proven commondity..

Hello chief, are you thinking to proceed in developing?

As Scrosler started his device hopping again and closed his CleanROM thread, there should be somebody to hold rom development for our 8.4 alive.

It would be nice to see, that I'm/ we are not lost in an abandoned thread....:cool:

Center clock mod, maybe with color change would be very nice, it's actually only available in Xposed mods.

Last edited:

manigault

Jun 27, 2012
Ohio
Samsung Galaxy S21
utu4uqe7.jpg

ONWARD WITH THEMES AND FEATURES AND SUCH!!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Hello chief, are you thinking to proceed in developing?

As Scrosler started his device hopping again and closed his CleanROM thread, there should be somebody to hold rom development for our 8.4 alive.

It would be nice to see, that I'm/ we are not lost in an abandoned thread....:cool:

Center clock mod, maybe with color change would be very nice, it's actually only available in Xposed mods.

Not sure,as Scott stated no much interest in the device. Very few thanx, donation, whil enot required does show if there is interest to spend all the time required to build, mod, theme ROM's. I continued on my own ROm , for my own pleasure but never posted as I asked several weeks ago, and got no response from users.

utu4uqe7.jpg

ONWARD WITH THEMES AND FEATURES AND SUCH!!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

LOL

Hi, would this work on a Korean Tab Pro 8.4? Or is only for US models?

Has this multilanguage support ?

Don't know, I dont own a Korean Tab,so no way for me to know.

manigault

Jun 27, 2012
Ohio
Samsung Galaxy S21
This may be one of those devices that doesn't catch on( I don't know why it wouldn't, this thing is awesome). Anyway, it would be great if you continued, but if you give this rom no more attention thank you for putting in your time and effort. We appreciate you.

Reactions: guidogsbn

jeffeil

Sep 16, 2009
San Diego
This may be one of those devices that doesn't catch on( I don't know why it wouldn't, this thing is awesome). Anyway, it would be great if you continued, but if you give this rom no more attention thank you for putting in your time and effort. We appreciate you.

Ditto. I appreciate your early work, and would love for you to continue, but, either way, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Average Joes is proud to present our very first ROM.

This is a pure Debloated Rooted DeOdex ROM sans KNOXs with a few extra's

Features:
    •Base: Official Samsung US based T320XAR1ANAI (8.4" WiFi)
    •All stock while debloated the removal of Knox warnings in the O/S
    •Rooted
    •De-Odex'ed for easy theme'ing and mod'ding
    •BusyBox
    •ZipAlign'ed
    •Init.d Support

Extras:
    • 4 - 1 Reboot Menu
    • Animations Speed Up Mod
    • SD-Card Fix for r/w
    • ASEC Mod to move purchased apps back to /data/app instead of /data/app-asec
    • Build prop Edits

Whats Removed: 89 Total Apk's/Apps
    • Samsung Apps - Samsung Hub, Samsung App Store, Samsung Plugin Service
    • Google Books, Magazine, Video
    • Social Hub for FaceBook Sync'ing
    • Print Drivers for HP, Epson, Samsung
    • iCloud, HanCom Office

See POST#2 for flashables to restore packages if you need them Updated (04/06/14)

Who is this ROM for?
    •People who want Stock ROM, but without all the extra Bloatware Installed.
    •People who WANT a Debloated ROM, with some Inhancements.

Who is this ROM NOT for?
    •People who generally consider themselves crack flashers. This ROM does not have all the MODS out there. Simplely Debloated and a Few Tweaks, Enhancements.
    •People who want all the Samsung Connectivity, Samsung App Store....

Install Instructions
    •Copy to device
    •Wipe for Fresh Install
    •Flash it in TWRP recovery

Special Note: I used @scrosler Stock Base ROM as my Base. Give that guy alot of Thanks for doing his base blind becuase I asked him too. And all the praise in the worl for teaching me how to create my own ROM for the first time. He gives and gives, and loves to teach his craft and helps the comminuity by doing so. Without Dev's like him noob's like me have a hard time doing this and growing.
    THANK YOU @scoSLER

DOWNLAODS:

Average Joes - v1
    MD5: 2cda826528f67449b804cb08cd8cc6e4

Please hit Thanks!

Thanks and Appriciation
    @scrosler - Base ROM, and For Build.prop edits
    @bajasur - Animation Speed up Mod - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637024
    @CosmicDan - ASEC Mod - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38842945&postcount=1
    I am working on new version of ROM folks...
    Ditto. I appreciate your early work, and would love for you to continue, but, either way, thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to hit "thanx" that is what users so often forget. It's so simple...

I will most likely at least put of a Debloated and Some mods version..

Theming is what i am great at. This was my first attempt at a ROM, not very encouraging results. lol
    Yes it is. Every weekend I think I will beta test. I do just a little more...

But belive me there are some new stuff in this Rom, not in others for these Galaxy Tabs...

I won't give a date.. but soon.. sorry taken so long, as I was learning all new stuff...

Sent from my SM-T320 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Working on the 1ARND3 Update folks..

That is if anyone is left? LOL..

Base Updated
    Debloated Even More than previous version (953 megs vs 1.2gig)
    Mods being added...

No ETA.. Maybe tomorrow or next day...