Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock

Search This thread

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
I accidentally forgot to uncheck the reactivation lock before i went into my custom recovery. I cant reboot my developers device now and am stuck. "Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock" I don't have access to Odin as I have Mac. Already tried going into download mode and restarting phone. Any options?

Stock backup of my device was thru custom recovery TWRP

spinwizard

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
I accidentally forgot to uncheck the reactivation lock before i went into my custom recovery. I cant reboot my developers device now and am stuck. "Custom binary blocked by reactivation lock" I don't have access to Odin as I have Mac. Already tried going into download mode and restarting phone. Any options?

Access a PC, d/l Oden3_v3.09 and the SM-G900V tar and rebuild

Sucks, being surrounded by fruit. :eek:

you might try to go into stock recovery, (home/volume up/power) and select wipe data/factory rest. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: K-alz

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Access a PC, d/l Oden3_v3.09 and the SM-G900V tar and rebuild

Sucks, being surrounded by fruit. :eek:

you might try to go into stock recovery, (home/volume up/power) and select wipe data/factory rest. :)

What are you referring to exactly when you said"Sucks, being surrounded by fruit." Ok well it was a pain in the ass to get to use a friends PC just to use odin to obtain root and flash. JODIN is saying on my mac that PIT is corrupt when it tries to make a file! It did this before. I have no idea why! I really wish i remembered to uncheck that damn samsung security setting before i went into recovery to do a recent backup! Crap! Maybe i can go out and rent a computer or something for now? I need to get this done in short time.

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
It seems the original Odin3 V3.09 was corrupted? Or so it seems. Use this one here. Sorry... :p

Well i cant figure this out and i'm getting frustrated.I was able to borrow my folks computer and i downloaded all files needed. I have the zip files loaded and unloaded and when i go into PDA to place the file nothing shows up. Phones connected successfully. I'll have to try another day possibly. People give me lots of crap when i need to borrow a PC.

It says COM in blue but nothing in the above boxes. I was able to download the samsung drivers successfully.

Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked.

Last edited:

spinwizard

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Well i cant figure this out and i'm getting frustrated.I was able to borrow my folks computer and i downloaded all files needed. I have the zip files loaded and unloaded and when i go into PDA to place the file nothing shows up. Phones connected successfully. I'll have to try another day possibly. People give me lots of crap when i need to borrow a PC.

It says COM in blue but nothing in the above boxes. I was able to download the samsung drivers successfully.

Message says "<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

Auto boot and ftime reset are checked.

I can tell you that I was able to odin the stock VZW tar to pass. My phone works fine, so the tar is good. But no root. I would think this would restore your phone, if you can get into download mode. :fingers-crossed:

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
I can tell you that I was able to odin the stock VZW tar to pass. My phone works fine, so the tar is good. But no root. I would think this would restore your phone, if you can get into download mode. :fingers-crossed:

Yes well obviously i was in download mode. :good: I actually was trying to also flash a rescue package as well in ODIN. That also won't work. It's pre rooted stock rom. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747156

What is it im doing wrong here?

Maphack

Jan 18, 2011
Developer's edition problems

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Droid9684

May 9, 2011

Here's what i'm talking about the tar file I go to put in PDA but after trying to open it it's just blank space and ODIN reads nothing. I think it might be because I have to use 7zip to unpack ODIN File. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure what will...

Screenshot%202014-06-07%2003.43.51.jpg

garsax

Jun 20, 2011

Solution here: :good:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60279880&postcount=51

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Top Liked Posts