Android (!) Dual Boot on W1/W2?

Search This thread

ghoslslender124

Apr 23, 2014
Jeleńcz
Hi Everybody! Small Question info @volk204 @Tigrouzen @BenzoX and all devs.

We have SD and NAND Kernels for Wave1/2. It is POSSIBLE to make dualboot, etc. Tigrouzen ICZen on NAND and Zendrokat on SD? Dual boot, maybe Power run Os1 and Vol+ + Power run OS2? It is possible?

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble

We have SD and NAND Kernels for Wave1/2. It is POSSIBLE to make dualboot, etc. Tigrouzen ICZen on NAND and Zendrokat on SD? Dual boot, maybe Power run Os1 and Vol+ + Power run OS2? It is possible?

Possible to do any combination of boot you want : Nand/SD, SD/Bada/Loop.
But for now Fota is not able to boot different kernel, so you must switch kernel manually.

Making such a fota shouldn't be difficult thought.

Tigrouzen started it, here is the idea : https://github.com/Tigrouzen/androi...mmit/287038ec3bc5f1fcd0ac7fd760da21006f579209

Just need to add a key combination, see last update in Volk Fboot repo to know how key combination work.

Last edited:

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Here is an hastly coded fota able to do that
Wave 1
Wave 2

First kernel : boot.img on SDcard
Second kernel : boot_2.img on SDcard

Boot 1st kernel : default
Boot recovery 1st kernel : vol up

Boot 2nd kernel : home
Boot recovery 2nd kernel : vol up + home

Boot bada : call

And Background color change if you boot 2nd rom :D

Sources (used Volk fboot as basis, big thanks to Tigrouzen for multiboot basis)

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Since i was bored yesterday i made one with an interactive mode (S8500 S8530)

It's available with call + vol up. It's ugly but it's no use to work on it if we can't pass Fota output limitation.
@adfree @Rebellos , once disp_Fota_Printf reached the bottom of the screen, it write everything in the top line, and stay in the top line.
I tried to do disp_Fota_Init but it just draw a blank screen and doesn't reset disp_Fota_Printf.
Would you know any way to allow disp_Fota_Printf to continue on the screen, or to reset it to first line ?
Would you know any way to "draw" something ? (boxes, pixel...)

I also saw some function in BL3_univ.map : disp_First_Image, bg_color (background), font_color, printchar, and some others wich could help making Fota a bit less ugly, but i don't know how to use it.
Tried the thing with bl_crc.exe but it need decrypted bootloader.mbn, and Wave Remaker return me a 1:1 file when i try to decrypt it so i couldn't find any matching crc with the existing Fota.

Reactions: adfree

volk204

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 15, 2011
Moscow region
Tried the thing with bl_crc.exe but it need decrypted bootloader.mbn, and Wave Remaker return me a 1:1 file when i try to decrypt it so i couldn't find any matching crc with the existing Fota.

Output files from bl_crc is in attachments, you can continue your plays :)

Attachments

• output_S8500XXKL5.txt
    95.9 KB · Views: 47
  • output_S8530NELH2.txt
    96.2 KB · Views: 41

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Okay, now i found function to display WAVE logo (as in bada) instead of ugly ASCII.
But problem is, Wave is on Fota screen for 14 seconds, which is a lot of time, so maybe better to keep the ugly informations than a still image.
Transfering Modem init to kernel could be a solution (it shorten the time by 5 seconds) but we need Rebellos for that.

Also made a little bootmenu as in CWM recovery where you can choose which system you want to boot and in which mode.
It work only with white background since black one doesn't redraw. And it's slow as hell because fota have to make 256 (around a second) output to start from line 1 again (and so display a new text).

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
Okay, now i found function to display WAVE logo (as in bada) instead of ugly ASCII.
But problem is, Wave is on Fota screen for 14 seconds, which is a lot of time, so maybe better to keep the ugly informations than a still image.
Transfering Modem init to kernel could be a solution (it shorten the time by 5 seconds) but we need Rebellos for that.

Also made a little bootmenu as in CWM recovery where you can choose which system you want to boot and in which mode.
It work only with white background since black one doesn't redraw. And it's slow as hell because fota have to make 256 (around a second) output to start from line 1 again (and so display a new text).

Great, it is good if you open new thread only about FBOOT with news added then we can help too, you can stude that too to make boot super interactive :

https://github.com/SkrilaxCZ/a500_bootmenu

IMAG0872.jpg

Last edited:

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Great, it is good if you open new thread only about FBOOT with news added then we can help too, you can stude that too to make boot super interactive :

IMAG0872.jpg

Problem is, Fota is very limited in outputs... For now we can only use functions implemented in bootloader to interact with display.
We can only use thing coming from this and even there i can't find any matching crc for some (such as bg_color or font_color). And there is nothing allowing to draw (points, line...)
I don't know if possible to interact with display without using bootloader functions...

Reactions: adfree

ihavenick

Jan 28, 2013
- deleted-

Maybe you can do interactive fota with this way = (laggy and old style)
- Add mine old ugly asci wave and write a menu like press call for boot rom 1 and vol up for rom 2
-create a main loop ( if fboot supports it)
-loop will check witch key pressed

a second idea from me again if user not pressed any button in 6 sec it will boot bada for charge battery

if you want to change screen you can write empty space :p

Last edited:

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
- deleted-

Maybe you can do interactive fota with this way = (laggy and old style)
- Add mine old ugly asci wave and write a menu like press call for boot rom 1 and vol up for rom 2
-create a main loop ( if fboot supports it)
-loop will check witch key pressed

a second idea from me again if user not pressed any button in 6 sec it will boot bada for charge battery

if you want to change screen you can write empty space :p

Oh never know what you write ^^

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble

Yeah i already did the timer interactive thing and the empty output to clean screen (but it's slow).
Tried some functions such as disp_main_clean but it doesn't reset output.

Also there is a lot of FIMD (screen driver) related function, wich are available from FOTA (FIMD_Draw and such) but without function prototype it's quite hard to test it.

ihavenick

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah i already did the timer interactive thing and the empty output to clean screen (but it's slow).
Tried some functions such as disp_main_clean but it doesn't reset output.

Also there is a lot of FIMD (screen driver) related function, wich are available from FOTA (FIMD_Draw and such) but without function prototype it's quite hard to test it.

I did something like close and re init screen output to clean screen before but i forgot it if i find it i will post here

Here's an idea to you;
If no button is pressed while starting the phone, open wavelogo.
If call button is pressed, open interactive mode.
And i dont really remember truly but I guess fota can change filenames and delete it so interactive mode can save settings :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an hastly coded fota able to do that
    Wave 1
    Wave 2

First kernel : boot.img on SDcard
    Second kernel : boot_2.img on SDcard

Boot 1st kernel : default
    Boot recovery 1st kernel : vol up

Boot 2nd kernel : home
    Boot recovery 2nd kernel : vol up + home

Boot bada : call

And Background color change if you boot 2nd rom :D

Sources (used Volk fboot as basis, big thanks to Tigrouzen for multiboot basis)

Output files from bl_crc is in attachments, you can continue your plays :)

Possible to do any combination of boot you want : Nand/SD, SD/Bada/Loop.
    But for now Fota is not able to boot different kernel, so you must switch kernel manually.

Making such a fota shouldn't be difficult thought.

Tigrouzen started it, here is the idea : https://github.com/Tigrouzen/androi...mmit/287038ec3bc5f1fcd0ac7fd760da21006f579209

Just need to add a key combination, see last update in Volk Fboot repo to know how key combination work.

IMAG0872.jpg