Siyah Kernel WiFi Issue

Search This thread

iimzii85

Mar 15, 2012
Hi all,

So here's what's happening, I have a rooted GS2 with the Zedomax kernel and had an issue with the wifi where when I turned on wifi, it would scan but before anything came up it would just turn off. Someone recommended that I get Odin mobile and then download the Siyah kernel right on to the phone and flash through Odin. I did that and the phone rebooted fine and I have the new kernel but the wifi issue persists. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help in advance.

Here are my specs;

Android Version: 2.3.6

Baseband Version: I777UCKK6

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.14

Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

PDA: I777UCKK6

Phone: I777UCKK6

Csc: I777ATTKK6

I don't know what else to include but let me know and I'll try to include it.

Last edited:

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
Hi all,

So here's what's happening, I have a rooted GS2 with the Zedomax kernel and had an issue with the wifi where when I turned on wifi, it would scan but before anything came up it would just turn off. Someone recommended that I get Odin mobile and then download the Siyah kernel right on to the phone and flash through Odin. I did that and the phone rebooted fine and I have the new kernel but the wifi issue persists. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for the help in advance.

Here are my specs;

That happens to me with certain roms. Try flashing entropy's daily driver through siyah recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: iimzii85

iimzii85

Mar 15, 2012
That happens to me with certain roms. Try flashing entropy's daily driver through siyah recovery

Sorry for being ignorant but since I'm new to this rooting thing, could you maybe dumb it down for me? How would I go about accomplishing this?

yoderk

Sep 6, 2010
Reno
You flash the modem through recovery, or through mobile odin. The kernel you are looking for is located here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289460

To enter recovery turn off the phone. Hold the volume down and up buttons and the power button. The phone will turn on and off, when it powers back on release the power button but still hold the volume buttons down. This will enter recovery allowing you to flash the .zip

If you wish to use mobile odin, then extract the zImage out of the .zip file from entropy DD and flash using mobile odin.

Reactions: iimzii85

iimzii85

Mar 15, 2012
You flash the modem through recovery, or through mobile odin. The kernel you are looking for is located here.

To enter recovery turn off the phone. Hold the volume down and up buttons and the power button. The phone will turn on and off, when it powers back on release the power button but still hold the volume buttons down. This will enter recovery allowing you to flash the .zip

If you wish to use mobile odin, then extract the zImage out of the .zip file from entropy DD and flash using mobile odin.

First off thank you! Let me just get this right before I screw up something. I'm currently using a Mac so I download the zip to my comp or would it be better to just download it right to my phone? What's the most simplest to follow? Thanks!

iimzii85

Mar 15, 2012
either way is fine but it may be easier straight from your phone as you wont have to transfer it

Ok done. Wifi seems to turn on now but it won't connect. It stays on "Obtaining IP address". It'll say remembered after a while and then go back to the previous. :confused:

Edit: Tried re-installing and it connected! Thank you guys! Will harass you more if anything changes :)

Last edited:

anikiup

Dec 4, 2010
Sterling
Ok done. Wifi seems to turn on now but it won't connect. It stays on "Obtaining IP address". It'll say remembered after a while and then go back to the previous. :confused:

Edit: Tried re-installing and it connected! Thank you guys! Will harass you more if anything changes :)

I am wondering. How did you get a zedomax kernel in I 777?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here are my specs;

First off thank you! Let me just get this right before I screw up something. I'm currently using a Mac so I download the zip to my comp or would it be better to just download it right to my phone? What's the most simplest to follow? Thanks!

either way is fine but it may be easier straight from your phone as you wont have to transfer it