T-Mobile GS3 Confirmed!

Search This thread

MrReynus

May 3, 2011
Screen-Shot-2012-05-18-at-7.41.03-PM-660x386.png

All signs are pointing toward the SGH-T999 (Galaxy S III) heading to T-Mobile as the newest piece of evidence surfaces in the form of FCC approval. Here’s the one notable takeaway from this, no LTE is coming in this particular model. The documents do show WCDMA support for T-Mobile’s AWS band, just as we expected to see. There’s also support for the 850 and 1900 bands meaning this device will be ready to rock under T-Mobile’s refarmed 4G network as well. The lack of LTE connectivity isn’t surprising given that T-Mobile isn’t expected to launch their LTE network until sometime in 2013, but we had hoped that Samsung and T-Mobile would forward think given that T-Mobile’s AWS LTE network will pair up nicely with AT&T’s own LTE 1700 bands.

NFC (near-field communication) is on board, but we don’t know how much support T-Mobile will offer for this feature, though we hope Google Wallet support is a possibility. Other than that, we’re not seeing any other surprises here, good or bad.

All in all, this early FCC report seems fairly standard — so now we wait for T-Mobile to make an official announcement.

source: http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/t-mo...d-all/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Reactions: boodies

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
So am I right to assume this device unlocked will work with ATT as well? Given the 850 and 1900 HSPA bands, despite not seeing 2100 listed.

Last edited:

sswb27

Jul 21, 2011
I hope this proves it. Hopefully t-mobile gets it, I have a up grade coming next month and Ive had my eye's on this since it was announced. :D:D

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
Heard from a samsung rep that gs3 is coming to tmobile mid june

I hope its true

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

lesd777

Sep 17, 2011
If it's Tmobile I might switch from AT&T. I think T mobile is quite a bit cheaper for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

laztpn0i

Feb 26, 2006
Ca, USA
Looks like their is two models. The SGH-T999 and the SGH-T999v. I'm thinking its going to be two different storage options.

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
Also from samsung rep

16gb or 32gb option

Dual core s4 krait processor instead of quad core ( but he said rumor of maybe quad..but probably not)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

androidarmin

Jun 18, 2010
Frankfurt Area
Unlocked S3 and T-Mobile prepaid SIM > Max. speed?

I'm not sure anymore... :confused::confused:

Has anyone here definite information if the International/Unlocked S3 will work with a pre-paid SIM card on the T-Mobile network, and at broadband (3G+/HSPA+) speeds- ?

I've read a ton of posts, blogs and spec sheets since I was thinking about buying the unlocked S3 and a T-Mo (USA) SIM card yesterday - and I am not sure about it anymore, since there seems to be a lot of conflicting information...

1.) Taylor Wimberly, from the "Android & Me" blog pointed out in his recent article "7 reasons to shred your wireless contract and switch to prepaid" (http://androidandme.com/2012/05/opi...your-wireless-contract-and-switch-to-pre-paid) that is it possible to use a prepaid SIM on the US Networks of T-Mobile and AT&T.
According to his blog, it is - even with a prepaid 3rd-Party SIM - still possible to get on the fast HSPA+ networks of T-Mobile and AT&T (USA)... (??)

2.) However, and when I checked out T-Mobile's prepaid SIM offerings, they clearly state that "Only 3G phones that support the 1700-MHz band are compatible (not all 3G phones support it)", and "Important note about 3G phones: If you own a 3G phone but it does not support the 1700-MHz band, it will operate at 2G (EDGE) speeds on our network."
And who really wants to crawl the web with a freakin' awesome S3, but only at at 2G speeds? :)

3.) Lastly, and reading up on which MHz bands exactly the International S3 can handle, it is stated:
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G Network LTE (regional)

Turns out that both T-Mobile and AT&T in the U.S. use the 1700 MHz band - which is outside of the International S3's spectrum... so it seems. But, T-Mobile also uses the 1900 MHz band for 3G.. :confused:
I don't really care about LTE, as long as I can get HSPA+ speeds with approx. 20 Mbit/s down.

So... Who is right?
  • Can I use the International S3 with an T-Mobile prepaid SIM and still cruise at HSPA+ speeds?
  • Or, am I doomed to use 2G only if pursuing that path??

Please HELP to CLARIFY... because I'm going crazy over this! :) :eek:
Thanks!

Last edited:

kulzboy

Dec 5, 2010
Orlando
to my knowledge tmo uses both 1700 and 2100 for their 3G (correct me if I'm wrong) so yea it'll be edge
But, if you have enough patience with edge than go ahead and use it on tmo as they'll be using 1900 by the end of the year and by then 3G should be usable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dualbf

Aug 16, 2011
Is there a release date for when T-mobile will be offering the phone? I'm seeing it'll debut in the US on June 1st but I don't know if that means they'll be offering it then or not.

Totòòò

Oct 29, 2011
Palermo
Tmobile is the most effed up carrier out there when comes to phones. Do u really think now just like that unexpectedly they will be offering immediatly the best android device out there? Wait for first quarter of 2013 and then maybe they offer this hottie.

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
According to Negri Electronics the European model is suppose to come with Pentaband radios including the (1700) T-Mobile 3G radio. I have been calling them every day to get a confirmation because that radio has an *astrik next to it. They said that a Samsung executive said that the phone WILL be coming with the 1700 radio but are waiting for their phones to come in before confirming that to the public. I pre ordered mine, Blue with 32gb and even went so far in ordering a 64gb sd-card. This phone better work on T-Mobile. T-Mobile in my area pushes out over 15mb download and about 4mb upload. Those are very fast speeds for HSPA+. Best part is HSPA+ doesn't murder your battery. I have the Rezound on Verizon and also the GS2 on T-Mobile.

Reactions: JagDave

starscalling

According to Negri Electronics the European model is suppose to come with Pentaband radios including the (1700) T-Mobile 3G radio. I have been calling them every day to get a confirmation because that radio has an *astrik next to it. They said that a Samsung executive said that the phone WILL be coming with the 1700 radio but are waiting for their phones to come in before confirming that to the public. I pre ordered mine, Blue with 32gb and even went so far in ordering a 64gb sd-card. This phone better work on T-Mobile. T-Mobile in my area pushes out over 15mb download and about 4mb upload. Those are very fast speeds for HSPA+. Best part is HSPA+ doesn't murder your battery. I have the Rezound on Verizon and also the GS2 on T-Mobile.

huh.. seems your right; from the sgs3 blue/64GB tinyurl[dot]com/85mtsj7

Code:
SPECIFICATIONS:[B]
GENERAL 	2G Network 	GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network 	HSDPA 850 / 900 [COLOR="Red"][I][U]/ 1700* /[/U][/I][/COLOR] 1900 / 2100
4G Network 	Region Based[/B]
BODY 	Dimensions 	136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm
Weight 	133 grams
  	- Touch-sensitive controls
DISPLAY 	Type 	Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 	720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch 	Yes
Protection 	Corning Gorilla Glass 2
  	- TouchWiz UI v4.0
SOUND 	Alert types 	Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker 	Yes
3.5mm jack 	Yes
MEMORY 	Card slot 	microSD, up to 64GB
Internal 	64GB storage, 1 GB RAM
DATA 	GPRS 	Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
EDGE 	Class 12
Speed 	HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
WLAN 	Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth 	Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, EDR
NFC 	Yes
USB 	Yes, v2.0 microUSB (MHL), USB On-the-go
CAMERA 	Primary 	8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features 	Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
Video 	Yes, 1080p@30fps
Secondary 	Yes, 1.9 MP, 720p@30fps
FEATURES 	OS 	Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Chipset 	Exynos 4212 Quad
CPU 	Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
GPU 	Mali-400MP
Sensors 	Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Messaging 	SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
Browser 	HTML, Adobe Flash
Radio 	Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS 	Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
Java 	Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors 	Pebble Blue
  	- MicroSIM card support only
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- Dropbox (50 GB storage)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- SNS integration
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input (Swype)

BATTERY 	  	Standard battery, Li-Ion 2100 mAh

[B]* Unconfirmed that the SGSIII will have 1700 3/4G. Verbal confirmation from Samsung Latin America Rep 5/3/2012 stated “Yes”[/B]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SO EXYNOS!@!@#%@#^%#$^@#$^@$^
    Screen-Shot-2012-05-18-at-7.41.03-PM-660x386.png

All signs are pointing toward the SGH-T999 (Galaxy S III) heading to T-Mobile as the newest piece of evidence surfaces in the form of FCC approval. Here’s the one notable takeaway from this, no LTE is coming in this particular model. The documents do show WCDMA support for T-Mobile’s AWS band, just as we expected to see. There’s also support for the 850 and 1900 bands meaning this device will be ready to rock under T-Mobile’s refarmed 4G network as well. The lack of LTE connectivity isn’t surprising given that T-Mobile isn’t expected to launch their LTE network until sometime in 2013, but we had hoped that Samsung and T-Mobile would forward think given that T-Mobile’s AWS LTE network will pair up nicely with AT&T’s own LTE 1700 bands.

NFC (near-field communication) is on board, but we don’t know how much support T-Mobile will offer for this feature, though we hope Google Wallet support is a possibility. Other than that, we’re not seeing any other surprises here, good or bad.

All in all, this early FCC report seems fairly standard — so now we wait for T-Mobile to make an official announcement.

source: http://www.tmonews.com/2012/05/t-mo...d-all/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

If this materializes as a quad core Exynos than this might stop me from pre-ordering the international version. Lets go T-Mo!

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk 2