Anker 2050mAh extended battery (same back cover)

Search This thread

jingletard

Nov 12, 2010
We both (me/wife) purchased the Anker 2050mAh batteries and quite honestly, it's hard to tell whether or not it's better than stock.

Reason being is that we've been through at least 3 different roms and the same amount of kernels since we got the phones. I will say that the Ankers don't abnormally discharge fast or anything and they're perfect for backup/primary batteries. The charger you get with them absolutely sucks, though, so I wouldn't rely on it at all.

They're a good buy and I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a new battery. I don't think that extra bit of juice will matter all that much, but they're solid batteries for sure.

chhan02

Mar 3, 2011
just got mine in today. i ordered the 2 x 2050maH + charger for $16.99.

i am on Tuesday Blu Ray with DarksideX kernel.
:::setCPU:::
Main: 192MHz - 1512MHz (ondemand)
Profile Screen Off: 192-810MHz (powersave)
Profile Battery < 25%: 192-810MHz (ondemand)

i usually get 8-10hours on very heavy usage with the stock battery.
i will update in a week.

K

Killbynature

Thanks for the rude response, but that wasn't the question ;)
The question is will that battery fit the T989. I see the original battery linked says it fits the i727 and t989, but this is listed as the i727r. I don't know the variants of the skyrocket well, if at all, so my question is will the one I linked fit our devices.

Rogers lte exactly the same as our phone like the skyrocket. In design the battery should fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=H3kW0c5ub38#t=128s he opens the phone the phone looks exactly like ours except for the back.

I'm buying one.

anhmuonm

Mar 19, 2011
Just got the two battery & a charger today 4/20/2012

First, thanks for posting the info about this Anker battery. I ordered 2 batteries w the charger thru amazon for $13.99 plus $1.22 tax and free shipping with other purchases. The order arrived today, 4/20/2012, at 11:30 am. I put one of the batteries in the my Tmobile GS2 at 11:56 am and it shows 64%. Now, 12:20 pm, and after a few group texts, it drops 57%. So I don't know if it were good or not! Oh, I also use Easy Battery Saver app, too. So, will have to see how it goes. Will report back.

Now at 1:00 pm, dropped down to 48%, only group texts, nothing else. So from 11:56 AM to 1:00 PM, dropped from 64% to 48%.

Last edited:

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
battery

the battery has been working well for me. seems a lil better(maybe 10%). i use it as primary and carry stock as backup when i know i will not be by a charger for a while. on a side note: my powerskin failed after 3 weeks of use. rma took forever but it looks like they are going to send me replacement. just hope they dont ask that i prove i didnt buy it on ebay

rfail1988

Jul 22, 2011
First, thanks for posting the info about this Anker battery. I ordered 2 batteries w the charger thru amazon for $13.99 plus $1.22 tax and free shipping with other purchases. The order arrived today, 4/20/2012, at 11:30 am. I put one of the batteries in the my Tmobile GS2 at 11:56 am and it shows 64%. Now, 12:20 pm, and after a few group texts, it drops 57%. So I don't know if it were good or not! Oh, I also use Easy Battery Saver app, too. So, will have to see how it goes. Will report back.

Now at 1:00 pm, dropped down to 48%, only group texts, nothing else. So from 11:56 AM to 1:00 PM, dropped from 64% to 48%.

Its a BRAND NEW battery... Dont report on how it performs unless you have gone through a few charge/discharge cycles. your post could mislead those that dont know any better!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

anhmuonm

Mar 19, 2011
Its a BRAND NEW battery... Dont report on how it performs unless you have gone through a few charge/discharge cycles. your post could mislead those that dont know any better!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
I don't mean to post the battery info to mislead any1. I'd just posted my first experience so far with the new purchased battery when I first received it. I'm also intending to report back after a few cycles.

daihung1

Jan 30, 2012
I picked up this battery and the charger off ebay for $16.99 two weeks ago. It seems like it last just as long as the original one. The Anker charger is nice. You can plug in a mini usb to it to charge the battery too. I do notice that if I charge the Samsung or the Anker battery with the Anker charger, the battery % stays at 100% for a few hours before it quickly drops it down to normal discharge rate. I've never experience that with charging the battery using the phone. No big issue just something I want to point out. Overall it's satisfactory.

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
This item NOT Compatible with T-moblie Sumsang galaxy S2 SGH-T989, Now NEW ARRIVAL! Anker NEW 2050mAh Battery for T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 is ON SALE! click here's how to get it. Here's how (restrictions apply)

^^ what does that mean?

Yeah I am confused too. Although one of the reviewers is clear that he has a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and the battery fits and works fine.

I'm gonna get one and see what comes of it.

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Has anyone tried this company outhttp://www.amazon.com/QCell-T-Mobile-Samsung-Extended-Compatible/dp/B006SK5JSO/ref=sr_1_20?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1335713112&sr=1-20?

glhs509

Oct 9, 2005
Chicago
This item NOT Compatible with T-moblie Sumsang galaxy S2 SGH-T989, Now NEW ARRIVAL! Anker NEW 2050mAh Battery for T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 is ON SALE! click here's how to get it. Here's how (restrictions apply)

^^ what does that mean?
Yeah I am confused too. Although one of the reviewers is clear that he has a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and the battery fits and works fine.

I'm gonna get one and see what comes of it.
YMMV, but mine work fine...granted the seller for mine was Fantasia Trading LLC

Top Liked Posts