[LT26i][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

amintox

May 3, 2012
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so much im downloading it now i'll test it I've been waiting for it. you're the bestttttttttttt

well it works very fast actually but the problem is with network ( calls, sms ) wifi works fine also play store. there is another problem which is the screen flashes with darkness half of the screen continually. camera works fine and other stuff. i think if they can get the network to work and fix the darkness flashes and root it that would be just great. thanks doomlord

Last edited:

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
@ DooM

if you ever want to release any fixes, u will release it as a patch(like xperia T thread) or we have to download the whole rom again?

tnx for the great work man, love ur works since X10

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Re: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68

Really thanks Doom. It will do until the official update. I will wait for a dual boot repack before, though.

Edit: Saw network isn't working. I think I will have to wait a bit...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk HD

piponxs

Nov 13, 2009

Praise the Lord!!!

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: arc_u

shyam2010

Feb 1, 2011
Kochin
Thanks DOOMLORD for your leak, i downloaded and tested it...for a while, just to see the project butter in action, it really does make a world of a difference, now in camera, while video recording, you could take 1 mp photos , and overall performance is better, but still because its a leaked firmware, there are lags and bugs, i am not posting this for complaining, i am doing this as a feedback or appreciation of this post, still, jellybean rocks, sony should take their time and really, smooth out everything :D , No signal as u mentioned, there's 230 -250 mb free ram, overall Mustitasking seems better, there's no usual laginess as before, but music player stuttering is there, video playback is flawless, and i love the new camera interface, but after using cybershot mod for a long time ,the pic is better lookin than stock but out of focus problems still effects the stock camera, 3 out of 10 pics is a problem, macro shot is very tough on auto mode, even with cosmic flow live wallpaper, its smoother than ICS , so, just sayin once more, this as a feedback :), not in anyway am i complaining , or asking anything in return !!

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so much im downloading it now i'll test it I've been waiting for it. you're the bestttttttttttt

well it works very fast actually but the problem is with network ( calls, sms ) wifi works fine also play store. there is another problem which is the screen flashes with darkness half of the screen continually. camera works fine and other stuff. i think if they can get the network to work and fix the darkness flashes and root it that would be just great. thanks doomlord

it's already rooted... Test firmwares have a special su binary...

DooMLoRD, when you say "do not crossflash", you mean even LT26ii (Xperia SL)?

Is LT26ii the same as LT26i? I mean do they use same partition table and kernel?

ONLY IF BOTH ARE SAME then flash...

@ DooM

if you ever want to release any fixes, u will release it as a patch(like xperia T thread) or we have to download the whole rom again?

tnx for the great work man, love ur works since X10

Fixes will be released as seperate patches... No point uploading full ROM...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Thanks DOOMLORD for your leak, i downloaded and tested it...for a while, just to see the project butter in action, it really does make a world of a difference, now in camera, while video recording, you could take 1 mp photos , and overall performance is better, but still because its a leaked firmware, there are lags and bugs, i am not posting this for complaining, i am doing this as a feedback or appreciation of this post, still, jellybean rocks, sony should take their time and really, smooth out everything :D , No signal as u mentioned, there's 230 -250 mb free ram, overall Mustitasking seems better, there's no usual laginess as before, but music player stuttering is there, video playback is flawless, and i love the new camera interface, but after using cybershot mod for a long time ,the pic is better lookin than stock but out of focus problems still effects the stock camera, 3 out of 10 pics is a problem, macro shot is very tough on auto mode, even with cosmic flow live wallpaper, its smoother than ICS , so, just sayin once more, this as a feedback :), not in anyway am i complaining , or asking anything in return !!

That was the point of posting this, so that users get an idea of what to expect in JB update... :)

Reactions: Nabeel.

Akhil

Jan 4, 2012
21.14°N 81.38°E

sorry guys that i havent been around much... what to do, the education program that i am enrolled in is really really really hectic... i hope this leak makes up for some lost time :)

cheers,

DooMLoRD

Thanks for this Rahul,
Dude you are in iim,i can completely understand your situation but only 2 years then you will rule this world ,I can do anything just to be in there.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

Lai Bhari ;D

Can't Wait to flash this !

Arey wah... Punekar? Me pan... Kasa chalu ahe sagla Punayat? :)

P.S.: this is english forum so let's stick to english

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai

Sorry to ask this but what installing it on xperia sl its almost the same hardware???

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]---

I have posted an new JB leak... near perfect! almost everything works!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252940

enjoy!

closing this thread!

-------------------------------------

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN FOR ONLY DEVELOPMENT RELATED DISCUSSIONS

For help, assistance, or if you have a question, use the Help and Troubleshooting thread

ok so got recovery working on stock 3.4 kernel...

advanced stock kernel is posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38165192#post38165192

THIS IS TO BE FLASHED SEPARATELY USING FASTBOOT AFTER THE ROM IS INSTALLED

I REPEAT IF U FLASH THIS ROM PACKAGE OVER THIS ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL THEN YOU WILL LOSE RECOVERY!

---[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ info ]

Hello friends,

so after posting sneakpeaks, i present to you leaked Sony JellyBean Firmware 6.2.B.0.68 for the Xperia S (LT26i)... this firmware was ment for developer (brown) devices but i was able to get it to boot on production devices...

[ NOTICE ]

since this is an internal testing firmware, do not expect to see the same features on the official final release... some things could be added while others removed...

[ screenshots ]

device-2013-02-19-025215.png

most screenshots are uploaded here

[ video review ]

Thanks to phil1405 (dont forget to thank him for the videos)

Rom review:

Themechooser, Dialer & Massaging Apps:

Gaming-/Camera-Experience & Small Apps:

CWM Recovery Kernel, Contacts App, HD Gameplay, Google Now, Free Ram, Social Media life:

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSFLASH THIS ROM+KERNEL... this is ment only for LT26i... please do not flash it on LT26w/LT28/etc....

1. THIS IS AN LEAKED ROM

2. FEW THINGS ARE EXPECTED NOT TO WORK

3. THIS IS POSTED JUST SO THAT USERS CAN ENJOY THE UPCOMING FEATURES AND OTHER DEVS CAN HELP IN FIXING THE ISSUES

4. MORE THINGS WILL FOLLOW AS AND WHEN I/OTHERS CAN GET THEM TO WORK

5. DO NOT ASK FOR FURTHER UPDATES/ETA

6. ALL USER DATA (from /data partition) WILL BE WIPED WHILE INSTALLING THIS

please backup all data, including SDCARD data before flashing this ROM

[ why has this been posted? ]

many devs can use the libs to improve existing/work-in-progress ROMs...

many themers can start porting to ROMs/devices...

many users will get a feel of whats in store for the JB update...

[ features ]

1. Easy to flash update.zip via recovery
    2. Prerooted and busybox installed

[ whats not working? ]

• kernel provided here DOES NOT HAVE RECOVERY (RESOLVED: AFTER FLASHING THE ROM, FLASH THE ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL POSTED HERE)

• baseband is recognized even Networks can be seen in Network search menu but the device doesnt connect to any GSM/HSDPA network

please report other things as and when you find them

[ requirements ]

• unlocked bootloader
    • previously on stock .55 ICS ROM or roms based on that [since some components of THIS rom contain files from those firmwares]
    • supplied ROM
    • any existing kernel with recovery

[ how to install ]

1. download the ROM and save it on SDCARD
    2. reboot device into recovery (make sure that the /system partition is unmounted, i have noticed that in some kernels the /system partition remains mounted)
    3. flash the ROMs update.zip (this will take some time)
    4. thats it now reboot device
    5. first boot will take a long time!!!
    6. enjoy!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download link ]

kindly DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!!!

LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-68.zip [ MD5HASH: 1feb79d45d5102dbf8d283da0ff7027e ] { 517 MB / 542774497 bytes }

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUERIES OR REPORTING ANY BUGS/ISSUES

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!
    heard something interesting... the JB update for the Xperia S may be releasing by end of NEXT week... and the Xperia P & GO will get JB after the S...

closing thread to avoid spamming of this thread :p
    so guys the Xperia S JB release is VERY close :)

Sony are busy testing almost final versions of JB... i have one such version and its working awesome!

everything works!

here are some screenshots for you guys!

device-2013-04-27-004610.png
    device-2013-04-27-004636.png
    device-2013-04-27-004753.png
    device-2013-04-27-004828.png
    device-2013-04-27-004922.png
    device-2013-04-27-010442.png
    device-2013-04-27-015236.png
    device-2013-04-27-015345.png
    device-2013-04-27-005004.png

DO NOT ASK FOR RELEASE / SYSTEM DUMPS / ETA OF JB ROLL OUT!
    JellyBean is coming...

(see what i did there GoT fans? ;) )

fully working one ;)
    According to your tread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2104020

Is that mean that we not going to have the final version from sony, because some idiot leaked it before its time???
    It would make sense... i planned to get an xperia Z anyway.

well what gives u that idea?

as i said numerous times these internal firmwares are for testing and may not reflect what features you will see in the final update...

also look at their update schedule:
    http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/12...an-android-4-1-for-2012-xperia-smartphones-2/

First up, the upgrade plans* for Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V are progressing as planned – these smartphones will start to receive Jelly Bean during February and March.

Next up, Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go will be upgraded from the end of March. Then Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S will follow in the subsequent weeks.

they have already rolled out updates for the T, V & TX, TL...

Xperia J also got updated ahead of schedule (mid March)...

so u can expect the Xperia S (and other msm8660 devices) to get updates in next few weeks...

P.S.: this might be a bit premature, but once the kernel sources for the JB update are out I will restart work for DooMKernel for this device :)
    i want to sync all my work for 3.4 kernel thats why havent released any kernels for ICS so far... the last kernel i released for this device was for GB and after that i got caught up with my studies...
    so as and when the sources are released u can expect DooMKernel soon with features same as the ones on the Xperia T & Xperia Z kernels....