[ROM][4.4.2][ND7][7/3] SR Remix KitKat | Stable | DeOdex | Zipaligned | Fast

Search This thread

Mace68

Mar 30, 2011
I'm a little confused about this. All ROMS I've used if it wasnt free you had to modify provisioning and it would work without issue. I've used the built in Hotspot on every rom and most work "out of the box" this one was the same for me. The ROM is solid and the Hotspot works, I'm just wondering where the idea came from that it would charge you to use it. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.
Again, just wanted to get some clarification because it works just fine for me.

I believe you only get charged if you still have unlimited data. If I remember correctly Verizon lost a battle forcing them to allow free tethering/hotspot to those on tiered data plans.

eric2112

Nov 19, 2009
I use my hotspot regularly AND have unlimited data. I have yet to see any additional charges.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

naviathan

Apr 8, 2010
So how stable is this ROM? I've been running the [ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014] and it's ok. I keep coming back to it because with all the CM based ROMs I have issues with things like bluetooth and hands free services. There are a few annoyances though. Every time I restart my phone touchwiz crashes on the first run. It restarts and runs fine after that, but still a minor annoyance. It slows down badly...Through out the day it slows to a crawl and I have to repeatedly clear all the background apps and sometimes restart the phone. If I don't restart the phone for a couple days the tower connections get weak and I'll lose 4G until it's restarted. My fitbit has to restart Bluetooth to get connected 2 out of 3 times. I have to restart wifi when switching access points in my house otherwise my network connection slows to a crawl.

Anyhow, this pales in comparison to the things that just don't work at all in CM based ROMs so I've dealt with it. How's this ROM's stability.

Last edited:

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Anyhow, this pales in comparison to the things that just don't work at all in CM based ROMs so I've dealt with it. How's this ROM's stability.

As you probably noticed this topic is pretty much dead as everyone seems to have moved on. I have been running Sophisticated 3.1 which is based on JB 4.3. I found later builds particularly that based on KK 4.4.2 to have many issues. v4.3 runs very stable virtually the same as stock but better. I have also disable many stock apps which helps for even more stability.

The Note 2 seems to be a bit too outdated so I have been searching for a root method for a Note 3 I have lying here unused. Unfortunately the GN3 has been updated to 5.0 so there is no root method available ATM.

The Note 4 and 5 are pretty much out of the question as there is little to no visible development for these other than the DEV editions. It looks like I'll be exploring other models for my next new phone purchase.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome! If you found yourself looking for something like CleanROM based on the new 4.4.2 OTA, then you have come to the right place. Scott has moved on to other devices, so I decided to follow along with what he started. This has been thoroughly tested by myself and others with no issues. Want stability you can trust? I have not had a reboot with this ROM, nor have any testers. For best results, please follow the installation instructions below!

About:

• Stock Look & Feel
    • Stable
    • Fast & Smooth
    • Based on the new FND7 OTA from VZW

Features:

• Rooted (SuperSU)
    • Init.d enabled
    • Busybox
    • DeOdexed
    • Bloat Removed
    • Wifi Tether Fix
    • 3 Way Reboot Menu
    • Updated Samsung and Google apps in /System
    • Build.prop tweaks for performance

What works:

• Everything

What doesn't:

• Nothing!

Credits:

• Chainfire for SuperSU
    • killa408shark for testing
    • @icedventimocha for 3 way reboot
    • Phil3759 for the wonderful recovery
    • scrosler for CleanROM
    • jbeitel for the 1% battery mod xml's and images
    • Team N3BULA - @lacoursiere18 ; @Deckoz2302 ; @fkfmfz - Because they are awesome!

Installation:

1. Must have recovery installed (I recommend either Philz or CWM)
    2. Copy ROM to external SDcard
    3. Flash the new 4.3 firmware with Odin 3.07 from the OTA found HERE!
    4. Reboot to current ROM
    5. Reboot to Recovery
    6. Wipe Data/Factory reset (I always do 3x for good measure)
    7. Wipe Cache (Again, I always do 3x for good measure)
    8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    9. I recommend formatting System, Cache, Data, and /sdcard (internal memory) on first install but this may not be completely necessary as it will wipe absolutely everything. If you decide to wipe the internal memory, make sure your backups and this ROM is stored on the external sdcard.
    10. Flash ROM
    11. Profit!

A couple things to note:

• This is built from the OTA tar. Not another ROM or the leak!
    • If you use a different kernel, do not report issues until you verify issue with stock (included kernel).
    • If you do not flash firmware with Odin and use Mobile Odin instead, do not report issues until you flash FW with Odin on the computer.
    • I am not responsible if you brick your phone, but of course you would know that if you are flashing this.
    • Of course your warranty is already voided from rooting your phone.
    • If you would like to use this as a base, please include me in your credits and link to this thread.
    • I am in general a very busy person, so I like to rely on you and other XDA members to help eachother. That is what this is all about right? I will continue to update this as I feel necessary. With my flashing habit, that may be alot:p
    • I built this ROM for my personal use and decided to share because of how well it works.
    • I am not a themer, so don't expect any fancy themes! If you would like to create a theme and share, please let me know and I will add it to the OP. This goes for any other MOD. I am happy to add things to the builds if they work well and you want to contribute.

Changelog:

Initial Release:
    • Deodexed
    • Wifi tether fix
    • init.d enabled with a few scripts
    • Zipaligned on boot
    • build.prop edits
    • Unsecure boot.img
    • Secure Storage turned off at the kernel level
    • Debloated
    • No knox
    • 4 way reboot
    • 1% battery mod
    • External SD card fix
    • Shutter sound menu in camera options
    • Updated core apps
    • Busybox

NOTE: UPDATED MYVERIZON ASKS FOR ROOT PRIVILEGES. I DENY IT. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR. I DO USE THE APP FOR PAYING MY BILL AND WHAT NOT, SO THAT IS WHY IT REMAINS.

Previous Versions:

4/16 Version 4
    • Fresh start from MJ9 tar
    • Fixed init.d (and added some scripts I find useful)
    • Added torch toggle hooks (Flash this separately after first reboot) ***Big thanks to CNEXUS for the guide***
    • De-Bloat
    • Added Nova Launcher to System/App (Thanks to TeslaCoil Software)
    • Added DashClock to System/App (Thanks to Roman Nurik)
    • Added 1Weather:Widget Forecast Radar to System/App (Thanks to OneLouder Apps)
    • Re-themed SystemUI for more of a KitKat feel
    • Wifi Tether fix is included this time
    • Updated all core apps
    • Updated updater-script and update-binary (Need updated recovery to flash)
    • Busybox Updated
    • Zipaligned on boot
    • Update SuperSU

1/21 Version 3.1
    • Re-Bloated to fix stability issues with some apps
    • Updated Core Apps/Libs (Google and Samsung)
    • Updated SuperSU - 1.91
    • Reverted Settings back to list with the option to switch to tabbed
    • Removed Increasing Ringtone
    • Turned off "Force GPU Rendering" by default

1/14 Version 3.0
    • Fixed Custom Boot Animation to /system/media (Thanks to Beanstown106 the binary and jellyhead for the fix)
    • Added Photo Editor
    • Removed autorun.iso from system/etc
    • Infinite Lockscreen pages with all widgets enabled
    • Updated Gmail to system/app- 4.7.2
    • Removed sysscope.apk and nfctest.apk from system/app
    • Removed Group Play
    • Removed Swype
    • Removed Icon Glossary from settings
    • Updated SuperSU - 1.89
    • Removed Preloadedkiosk Folder

1/3 Version 2.5
    • Changed Settings to tabbed Settings
    • Removed Account Icons In Contact List (Google, Exchange, etc...)
    • Disable the Backup Assistant Popup in Contacts (This annoyed me!)
    • 1% Battery Mod
    • Disable Fast Dormacy when Tethering
    • Added Popup Browser

12/28 Version 2.0
    • More debloat (preinstalled language packs, useless media)
    • Remove Verizon OTA garbage
    • Removed System Update from Settings>About
    • Added Custom Boot Animation Functionality
    • Enabled Call Button in Contact List
    • Increase Launcher Scrolling Speed
    • Enabled Shutter Sound Menu in Camera
    • Added Reminder Notification Option in Messaging App
    • Did not fix init.d - Not working correctly so use Univeral Init.d from the Play Store
    • Enabled infinite scrolling in TW home screens and launcher
    • Fixed Google Now Calling Out FC
    • Updated Google Plus in /system/app
    • Updated Hangouts in /system/app
    • Updated Google Libs
    Note: I recommend a clean install for this build!

12/26 Version 1.5:
    • Wifi Tether Fix
    • 4.3 Exchange Email Hack - Courtesy of runandhide05
    • Disabled "Select Input Method" Notification
    • Reverted Hangouts to release APK (Update from the market after flashing. This fixes video calling.)
    • Removed more Amazon Bloat
    • Removed more Zappos Bloat
    Note: While I always recommend a clean flash of updates, you may be able to just wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash this update. If you experience any issues however, I ask that you try a clean flash before reporting errors/issues.

Also Note: If you do not clean flash this and use an email exchange account, please remove your exchange account before flashing and re-add it after install. Otherwise you will experience FC issues.

12/23 Version 1.0 - Initial Release

Download:
    SR_KK_v1.zip

MD5 for current build:
    5e443d45a8cdaed23f4dc2ae66fe2831

Screenshots:

XDA:DevDB Information
    SR Remix (Sophisticated Rom), ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    krowley3
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: MJ9
    Based On: Stock ND7 OTA

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-03

Created 2013-12-24
    Last Updated 2014-07-03
    Status Update

So here is a little update on the status of things. I have started 2.5 and am actually running it already. The changelog is not very long though and I am thinking that I will wait until it is more substantial before next release. Here is what it includes so far:

Code:
    2.5 Changelog
    Changed Settings to tabbed Settings
    Removed Account Icons In Contact List (Google, Exchange, etc...)
    Disable the Backup Assistant Popup in Contacts (This annoyed me!)
    Launcher - Close folder on app click
    Disable Fast Dormacy when Tethering

But I do have more good news. Last night I convinced my wife that she will like Ubuntu on her laptop better than Windows. I honestly believe that, but anyway. After installing Ubuntu, I installed the Android SDK and setup my build environment. Downloaded the MJ9 kernel source and setup my Github. Time to learn about kernels:D

https://github.com/krowley3/Note_2_MJ9
    I wanted to let you guys know that I have moved to the T-Mobile LG G3. I still have my Note 2, but my wife will likely start using it to replace her S3. This does not necessarily mean this rom is finished, but it will not be my primary focus. I have not had time to really do anything because of work, but I thought you all should know. Working on this phone has been such a positive experience and I am grateful that you all enjoy my work. Thank you all so much for the great support and patience!
    Flashables

Mine....
    Update

Just give you guys somewhat of a timeline, I am super busy at work, but I hope to have this updated to 4.4.2 by mid next week.