Wi-Fi disappeared + need new English ROM

Search This thread

PolishAir42

Jan 26, 2008
Daytona Beach
Peculiar situation.

I have the Softbank version of the Dopod C730 in black with latest ROM in chinese (1.16.708.7) and have been using it for a good 3-4 days now. Everything worked swell then the Wifi went yesterday, did a hard reset and fixed the problem. Today same thing, except this time hard reset did nothing. At first I still had Wifi in comm manager but it was saying "Drivers Not Loaded" and wouldnt fire up the wlan. Then after a couple soft resets the WLAN option totally disappeared from comm manager and main screen. I unlocked the CID lock on the phone, and loaded the previous ROM in English (which worked without a hitch)and It loaded WLAN drivers for a second then died...although now I do have WLAN option in Comm manager again.

Cant get into the dopod site with my S/N to download the 1.16.708.7 ROM (when i registered without a device I couldnt get downloads at all just manuals) and I noticed the wiki only has the chinese version. If anyone has this rom they could send me or upload it in English id appreciate that.

But the big question is, how do I ressurect my WLAN and is there a CAB driver for it?

PolishAir42

Jan 26, 2008
Daytona Beach
Just as a follow up. Went back to the original newest Asian ROM from the older English based one and now the WLAN works (albeit drops connections worse than before) :mad: Thats after I wiped out all the Tmobile WAP/MMS settings, programs and oh yea had to have the CID unlock.

Such a stupid situation, I dont understand how the whole WLAN card can just drop out of comm manager and drivers not load and it takes 2 ROM flashes to revive it.

Anyone have the latest ROM in English?

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
Just as a follow up. Went back to the original newest Asian ROM from the older English based one and now the WLAN works (albeit drops connections worse than before) :mad: Thats after I wiped out all the Tmobile WAP/MMS settings, programs and oh yea had to have the CID unlock.

Such a stupid situation, I dont understand how the whole WLAN card can just drop out of comm manager and drivers not load and it takes 2 ROM flashes to revive it.

Did it ever occure to you to do a search? or to check other threads?

Cavalier ROMS are bilingual (C730 chinese/english, Softbank japanese/english).
So, if you have CID unlocked your device you can put C730 ROM from FTP to your device.

Cheers

PolishAir42

Jan 26, 2008
Daytona Beach
Did it ever occure to you to do a search? or to check other threads?

Cavalier ROMS are bilingual (C730 chinese/english, Softbank japanese/english).
So, if you have CID unlocked your device you can put C730 ROM from FTP to your device.

Which is what I did. The 2 previous ROMs from Dopod were in English by default, so I figured if the 1.16.708.7 came default in Chinese there was an English one. Didnt realize that one was bilingual also.

What did you use to CID unlock your unit?

.unl keyfile.....Paid because after an all nighter of trying to ressurect the WLAN and memory card drivers I just gave up and took out the wallet.

BTW, Anyone know where I can find the BB Connect download for the C730 other than their site (which i cant register with the softbank) I cant seem to find this anywhere. And if someone can download for me id appreciate it...

lynjo2k

Dec 11, 2007
Which is what I did. The 2 previous ROMs from Dopod were in English by default, so I figured if the 1.16.708.7 came default in Chinese there was an English one. Didnt realize that one was bilingual also.

.unl keyfile.....Paid because after an all nighter of trying to ressurect the WLAN and memory card drivers I just gave up and took out the wallet.

BTW, Anyone know where I can find the BB Connect download for the C730 other than their site (which i cant register with the softbank) I cant seem to find this anywhere. And if someone can download for me id appreciate it...

Hello. Where did you pay for your CID unlock? I've searched and no one seem to have a CID unlock solution for the Cavalier. I bought a used dopod C730 that doesn't have the WLAN option in Comm Manager although the box and manual says I'm supposed to have it. I have tried reloading the original ROM included in the Dopod disc with no success. I was going to try to load a different ROM but kept getting errors due to it being CID locked.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
Hello. Where did you pay for your CID unlock? I've searched and no one seem to have a CID unlock solution for the Cavalier. I bought a used dopod C730 that doesn't have the WLAN option in Comm Manager although the box and manual says I'm supposed to have it. I have tried reloading the original ROM included in the Dopod disc with no success. I was going to try to load a different ROM but kept getting errors due to it being CID locked.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

If it is a Hong Kong C730, check Wiki.

Cheers

lynjo2k

Dec 11, 2007
If it is a Hong Kong C730, check Wiki.

Cheers

I've checked the Wiki over and over regarding my issue. Unless my eyesight is giving out on me, I don't see anything that refers to my problem. I assume that my C730 is a Hong Kong version since it has CSL 1010 logo on it.

If you could please provide any special information regarding Hong Kong version C730, please do tell and share the info. I've researched about my problem until my eyes turned white and I could not find any solutions.

And yes, I've used the search function to no success. Also, I've tried the ROM found in the disc and at the Wiki and still no positive result for ressurecting my wifi.

Thank you.

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
I've checked the Wiki over and over regarding my issue. Unless my eyesight is giving out on me, I don't see anything that refers to my problem. I assume that my C730 is a Hong Kong version since it has CSL 1010 logo on it.

If you could please provide any special information regarding Hong Kong version C730, please do tell and share the info. I've researched about my problem until my eyes turned white and I could not find any solutions.

And yes, I've used the search function to no success. Also, I've tried the ROM found in the disc and at the Wiki and still no positive result for ressurecting my wifi.

Thank you.

Which Rom you are using? Is it 1.16.708.7 or it's a different Rom? 1.16.708.7 is the last update from Dopod and you can find it in Wiki:
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...ODASIA_CHT_1.16.708.7_1.43.50.00_108_Ship.exe

Cheers

pink101109

Jun 25, 2009
Htc giving me hell

Ok folks i have been trying for at least a month to sort out my S630's wifi problem... it started one day when i was at a friends house trying to connect to their wifi, i was unsuccessful, so when i went in the com manager to connect it was saying that "device driver not loaded", i found that strange, because 2 hours before that i used wifi at a different location then turned off the radio. I soft rest the phone,, and the same thing happened... i then hard reset it and now the wifi option is no longer in commanager, hence no way to connect or turn on the radio... i flashed a number of roms to the phone and currently i have the dopod c730 rom (Chinese and english pack) installed on the phone,,, and still no luck... can someone please point me in the direction to get this fixed??? this phone was bought because it had the wifi and now nothing,,, it is completely functional, just without what is important to me, the wifi... Sorry if i am in the wrong trend but i am new to this and couldn't find much persons with this problem,,, please forgive..

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Ok folks i have been trying for at least a month to sort out my S630's wifi problem... it started one day when i was at a friends house trying to connect to their wifi, i was unsuccessful, so when i went in the com manager to connect it was saying that "device driver not loaded", i found that strange, because 2 hours before that i used wifi at a different location then turned off the radio. I soft rest the phone,, and the same thing happened... i then hard reset it and now the wifi option is no longer in commanager, hence no way to connect or turn on the radio... i flashed a number of roms to the phone and currently i have the dopod c730 rom (Chinese and english pack) installed on the phone,,, and still no luck... can someone please point me in the direction to get this fixed??? this phone was bought because it had the wifi and now nothing,,, it is completely functional, just without what is important to me, the wifi... Sorry if i am in the wrong trend but i am new to this and couldn't find much persons with this problem,,, please forgive..
Read this thread and task to this guy. He had a wifi issue and had to send his phone back to HTC.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=536821