MIUI ROM(based on CM7) ported by MOMO(Multi languages)[2012-04-20]

Search This thread

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
any chance that the themes folder is created for us as well?
Also I cannot download from your link

"You should Sign Up or Login to download this file"

You will have to upload this file into another site

stevendeb25 - any chance you'll incorporate the audio bug fix to finalize a gb build?
thanks

All's well on my end. Wait those 20 seconds, then press download : download will initialise, then you'll most probably be brought to a new tab, which is displaying something that is meant to "convince you" to buy a Premium account :rolleyes:

In any case, the download works. I'll make a backup tomorrow and finally give this ROM a try :) .

mohnd11

Aug 17, 2009
any chance that the themes folder is created for us as well?
Also I cannot download from your link

"You should Sign Up or Login to download this file"

You will have to upload this file into another site

stevendeb25 - any chance you'll incorporate the audio bug fix to finalize a gb build?
thanks

You can login to 4share from facebook or gmail

wahbob

Jan 18, 2011
Austin, TX
Unfortunately I cannot get any data or cell signal, also phone and mobile networks force close.
Was really wanting an updated GB build, oh well.

Last edited:

e07015

Jun 17, 2010
Chicago
Phone and data work fine for me. Need to do language update and see if I can find the big dialer update that was used for early cm7. Otherwise.works. did flash faux kernel and it seemed to help some with lag.

Sent from my ME860 using XDA

e07015

Jun 17, 2010
Chicago
New rom(adjusted settings) is bad as must not have.apn set up. Will not let me add apn either. Do not get signal on it.

Original rom does fine with call and data.

Reactions: MyronJ906

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008
New rom(adjusted settings) is bad as must not have.apn set up. Will not let me add apn either. Do not get signal on it.

Original rom does fine with call and data.

I also wanted to confirm no data on the newest version. WIFI works though.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
I'd suggest downloading any of faux's cm7 v023 kernels. Might not be the latest ones but it does correctly rest at 216MHz instead of constantly jumping around.

Great work on the ROM by the way. Will be sticking to Neutrino until it's all in English. Dos games run really well on this ROM. Looking forward to the updates.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Yann_H

Aug 29, 2006
Boulogne-Billancourt
Thanks for this new build.

As far as I understand from the OP it's based on CM7 so it should be a GB version, Am I right?
Because from what I have read so far a lot of discussion talk about ICS...

The previous Beta version was working great for me except for the Sound in game, if this could be fixed in this version it would be awesome!

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
So there still are Chinese characters left? :(

I'm assuming the mobile data doesn't work because no APNs are set (or those that are already there - if any - cannot be edited / new ones cannot be added). I know that if I change 1 digit in the IP of an APN (or something else critical), the mobile data goes off, so... It may be related to the ROM's ability to connect to the mobile network (which I doubt, since it's CM7-based), or the ROM's ability to handle APNs (which I've seen in some other ROMs, on some other devices).

Did any of you get the mobile data to work? That's critical for me...

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008
No I didn't get it working also.

By the way if the sound is working correctly why not improving the previous "beta version" with this tweak?

Stevendeb25 can't get the source or information on what devices files came from (since it is a port) so far. But Steven did say that if he got that, he would fix sound for another gingerbread build

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008
Mobile data works perfectly for me on AT&T with the N_01.100.100R baseband. Same with wifi.

--edit--

Lol my phone shows up as ME860 with the MIUI ROM.

Sent from my ME860 using Tapatalk

On the build posted a page or so back with full English settings? That is the build where we have nonworking mobile data

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
On the build posted a page or so back with full English settings? That is the build where we have nonworking mobile data

No idea which one I flashed since I downloaded both. I'm assuming the first one since I still have Chinese settings but it's really stable and my battery life is better than it's ever been.

Sent from my ME860 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MyronJ906

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
So I take the first build has Chinese stuff left, but working Mobile Data, while the second build with fixed Chinese stuff (removed), has problems with Mobile Data. Correct me if I'm wrong x)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,this is a ROM ported by my pal MOMO from China,here is his original post:http://bbs.gfan.com/android-4036934-1-1.html

I help him post it here for you to experience,may you enjoy it.

the rom based on MIUI from other device and the latest CM7 for atrix,of course,it has some bugs,but they will be fixed next version or next next...version,so any bugs found,pleae report,thank you.

Thanks to CM Team and MIUI Team for their great works,also thanks for your tests.

Screenshots:

-1.jpg

What Doesn’t Work:
    ● Theme(but you can creat a folder named theme in /data/system/ with RootExplorer,theme will work)
    ● OTA (updater)

What Works:
    except what doesn`t work is what works:p

Download:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/eo3pxam2i
    Thanks, I'll admit I am not personally interested in this, as I am quite satisfied with the MIUI.US ICS build. However, in the Gingerbread based builds, MIUI.US could not get rid of the audio bug. Since it appears to be working in this build, it is now a bug that is fixable. If stevendeb25 can get in touch with MOMO, he might be willing to fix it for people who are still not ready for ICS.

I'm sure this build is great and will get better, but as we have been seeing between the Atrix and Photon dev teams here as of late, collaboration is definitely the way to go. It would be AMAZING to have a MIUI GB build that is as stable and usable as CM7 (once again, not for me, but for the community).

Will have it done within 5mins for English users.

I'll ask original developer if I can use his rom to make for English ;)

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App
    http://d-h.st/O1N

english mostly. removed some chinese stuff, still need to make theme folder in /data/system/

this miui version by MOMO is actually a Hybrid of cm7.2 and miui. mostly cm7 but works very good. so thanks to him..
    Am not sure if ppl are on about momo version or my version.

My version is only modified for English menu and swapped some apks.

Most apps are miui try it ;p

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

It is both. The issue is in your version as a remnant from the Memo version. It is an easy fix though.

In system/usr/keychars (or keylayouts or something) you have to edit a line in one of the files. Haha give me a minute I will check more specifically to get everyone in the right direction

Edit: system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl (?) Looking for key 217. Change it from POWER or END (not sure which it says) make it say SEARCH. Save and reboot and it should be fixed.

Admittedly, I am not sure if that is the proper .kl you might need to edit all of them lol or leave it for someone not knowledgeable to fix.

I am not currently using this build, but the keylayouts folder and key 217 being SEARCH is definitely correct

Here it is in my dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74738898/MOMO-Atrix-2.4.20.zip

Edit: seems to taking a looong time to upload, so wait a little bit