[Q] Messaging not working

Search This thread

King-V

Apr 16, 2013
Yo, devs and users. I've a problem (obviously): the messaging app doesn't work. If I try to send a text, it just says "SENDING..." but even after three weeks, nothing will be sent. Alternatively, it might from time to time say "PENDING..."
Have you ever come upon this issue? If so, how did you solve it?\
If someone could tell me how to make it work again, I'd be SO-O thankful. IF possible, without re-flashing.

calinorg

Yo, devs and users. I've a problem (obviously): the messaging app doesn't work. If I try to send a text, it just says "SENDING..." but even after three weeks, nothing will be sent. Alternatively, it might from time to time say "PENDING..."
Have you ever come upon this issue? If so, how did you solve it?\
If someone could tell me how to make it work again, I'd be SO-O thankful. IF possible, without re-flashing.
Messaging -> Menu -> Settings -> Text Messages (SMS) -> Service center. There should be a number. If it's not there, call your operator and find out.

King-V

Apr 16, 2013
Messaging -> Menu -> Settings -> Text Messages (SMS) -> Service center.

Yeah, that was my first guess as well, but as I went to the Messaging's Settings, there's no Service Center anywhere, and I was thorough in searching it. I looked for it in all the settings I could think of, but there was no Service Center to be found anywhere.

calinorg

You could try to erase data (and reset messaging doing that), and check if all is okay, or you could check if you can type service center number in secret menu (in dialer type *#*#4636#*#* ) . If all else fails, you should call your operator and ask them to fix stuff...

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Does the ROM have a Settings App ? ...

Yeah, that was my first guess as well, but as I went to the Messaging's Settings, there's no Service Center anywhere, and I was thorough in searching it. I looked for it in all the settings I could think of, but there was no Service Center to be found anywhere.
Dear Friend ... If you can't find it , Just replace the Settings.pk and it's Lib's with your ROM ( Which You L0VE :laugh: ) and then reflash the ROM you made to get that option ... If can't Do it , Just Switch ROM ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

King-V

Apr 16, 2013
Dear Friend ... If you can't find it , Just replace the Settings.pk and it's Lib's with your ROM ( Which You L0VE :laugh: ) and then reflash the ROM you made to get that option ... If can't Do it , Just Switch ROM ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

I don't understand why I should replace Settings.apk. Maybe you didn't get what my problem was. I can't send messages, that's all. Everything else is dandy.

I went to the secret menu, the SMSC number was there, I called tech support for my network, but (being amateurs) they were of no help whatsoever.

I will clear data and report back.

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
I don't understand why I should replace Settings.apk. Maybe you didn't get what my problem was. I can't send messages, that's all. Everything else is dandy.

I went to the secret menu, the SMSC number was there, I called tech support for my network, but (being amateurs) they were of no help whatsoever.

I will clear data and report back.
Yes your Right ... But about finding the specific setting you can replace the Settings.apk ... anyway ... you also can replace a messaging app with the current one ( Can extract from an other ROM ) ... that may help fix the problem ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​