Flash Latest Modem Only on N9005

Search This thread

4aces

Feb 16, 2010
Did a search and couldn't retrieve anything useful.

Guys,

Is there way to flash the latest ND3 Modem only on my 4.4.2 SM-N9005?
I'm currently on 4.4.2 NC2.

Thanks!
If nc2 works fine for you just keep it. I came from...I think na1(never updated modem and haven't had any issues) to ne3 which didn't work for me and settled on nc2 myself. If you like to flash(it's your phone and therefore your risk) try omega pro or anywhere else you find the modem and flash in Odin. I assume you're rooted. Little hint: keep other modems(especially nc2) on your PC cause I didn't and it was a drag to get them with a none working phone.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL

Guys,

Thanks!

when we were upgrading to the new firmware and the modem- baseband wasn't sticking, we used triangle away v3.26 from chainfire, then we odin the modem or the full firmware and it stuck.. hope that helps..

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

Guys,

Thanks!

You could just grab the MODEM.BIN and NON-HLOS.BIN from the firmware, and flash it at CP or PHONE with ODIN (modem.bin first, then follow by non-hlos.bin).
if 1st try fail, do 2nd time.
Make sure you power off first before you use the 3 combo to get into download mode.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

If nc2 works fine for you just keep it. I came from...I think na1(never updated modem and haven't had any issues) to ne3 which didn't work for me and settled on nc2 myself. If you like to flash(it's your phone and therefore your risk) try omega pro or anywhere else you find the modem and flash in Odin. I assume you're rooted. Little hint: keep other modems(especially nc2) on your PC cause I didn't and it was a drag to get them with a none working phone.

Agree you can just keep your existing modem if it works fine for you.
modem, normally I update only from firmware of my own region.

BTW, to upgrade modem no need to have a rooted device. It only need modem.bin + non-hlos.bin + PC ODIN.
:)

Marlyinka

May 27, 2014
Gps issue, please help...

Hi all.

First of all, sorry for my English. :)

I need a big help. I have a sm-n9005 Galaxy Note 3. After flashing a rom I lost GPS signal. I do not have at all.
I tried different roms, but still nothing. Any idea? Did I killed my GPS receiver somehow during flashing rom???
Many thanks...