[Q] Best way to unroot i9505 without losing data?

Search This thread

Hanzva

Aug 25, 2014
Hey guys,

It's been a very very stressful two days for me as I have rooted my i9505 via towelroot and it has had a lot of negative impact on my phone.

1) My battery life is ridiculous. Android System is taking up much more battery than it used to. I'd drain to 0% with around an hour of screentime, on AIRPLANE MODE AND ONLY WIFI ON!

2) My camera is completely unusable. Touch screen does not work anymore. Nothing works.

3) Theres a lot of glitches now on my phone, like if I switch between apps, my homescreen flashes first. Minor things, but were not present before rooting.

My main issue is the incredible battery drain. My phone will be useless once I start my mobile data on. The "solution" I found before was to factory reset my phone, but I had problems with CWM and I could not open CWM after wipe, so I wasnt able to restore my backup. I went back from scratch: it was a complete pain.

All I want to do now is just go back to normal. I've got a bunch of Xposed Modules but really none of them is worth this ridiculous experience I've had. I regret everything I've done in the past two days.

What is the best, and safest way to unroot my phone without erasing my data? The unroot method via SuperSU?

Thank you all for helping me. :)

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hey guys,

It's been a very very stressful two days for me as I have rooted my i9505 via towelroot and it has had a lot of negative impact on my phone.

1) My battery life is ridiculous. Android System is taking up much more battery than it used to. I'd drain to 0% with around an hour of screentime, on AIRPLANE MODE AND ONLY WIFI ON!

2) My camera is completely unusable. Touch screen does not work anymore. Nothing works.

3) Theres a lot of glitches now on my phone, like if I switch between apps, my homescreen flashes first. Minor things, but were not present before rooting.

My main issue is the incredible battery drain. My phone will be useless once I start my mobile data on. The "solution" I found before was to factory reset my phone, but I had problems with CWM and I could not open CWM after wipe, so I wasnt able to restore my backup. I went back from scratch: it was a complete pain.

All I want to do now is just go back to normal. I've got a bunch of Xposed Modules but really none of them is worth this ridiculous experience I've had. I regret everything I've done in the past two days.

What is the best, and safest way to unroot my phone without erasing my data? The unroot method via SuperSU?

Thank you all for helping me. :)

Try to use the Philz Touch Recovery from here: select the latest built version with tar.md5 and flash it through Odin3.09 selecting. AP
THIS WILL TRIPP KNOX

Hanzva

Aug 25, 2014
Try to use the Philz Touch Recovery from here: select the latest built version with tar.md5 and flash it through Odin3.09 selecting. AP
THIS WILL TRIPP KNOX

is there a way to do this without a custom recovery? my KNOXX is already tripped by the not-so-useful attempt with CWM. can i flash the firmware with odin without using any custom recoveries? i really don't want to play with that again for now. :/

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
is there a way to do this without a custom recovery? my KNOXX is already tripped by the not-so-useful attempt with CWM. can i flash the firmware with odin without using any custom recoveries? i really don't want to play with that again for now. :/

You need this recovery just for the backup and wipe your data :) Than flash through odin