[ROM-FROYO AOSP] OpenDesire v3.6.1 (720P | 2.6.34.5 SVS KERNEL | 1305mhz) (26/08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

@ngel

Apr 29, 2004
Rome
afsoftware.s5.com
Just ended a preliminary test, here's my impressions on 1.1b.

PROS
- LED works
- WiFi + WiFi tethering works
- Bluetooth + A2DP works
- Camera + flash works
- Fast and stable ROM

CONS
- A2SD+ doesn't work (issuing the command "adb shell ls -l /data" I see no symlinks)
- Camcorder doesn't work
- Abobe Flash Player cannot be installed from market
- Only 98 MB of free storage after flash
- Facebook sync doesn't work (cannot add a FB account, although the very first time I attempted it gave me the login screen)

Tomorrow will report about nighttime battery drain.

Thank you for your effort, it's a very promising ROM!

Yopsi

Jun 26, 2010
Lisbon
Twitter and gsync are fine but FB isn't syncing but still the app is running normally.

Last edited:

rahiljnmc

Jun 15, 2010
New Delhi
www.AndroidCalls.com
Guys version 1.1b

Not Working Compilation:

The physical key's lights are off (back, search, menu and home)!
Face Book Sync : cannot add a FB account, although the very first time I attempted it gave me the login screen
Led Lights Does not light up for Notifications ( lights up only when charging and turns off when uplugged)
Video Camera (known)

nagygabe

May 29, 2010
I have problem with Goggles, it Force Closes.
I have problem with installing Flash 10.1 too, I've downloaded it from xda forum.

mini-cheffe

Jun 4, 2010
Like in all Froyo ROMs I tested
1. All keys wake up the phone. I thing it´s not a big thing only change /system/usr/keylayout/bravo-keypad
2. When I use the option "Pattern" the lockscreen disappers and you only see the pattern screen.

markuz85

Jun 15, 2010
Stupid question perhaps (probably), but can I use the DeFrost kernel or is there one included?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yopsi

Jun 26, 2010
Lisbon
Kernel included. ( You were gonna try defrost overclocking kernel?)

Adam, something seems to be wrong while addin a new contact. It seems it doesn't add to contact book, but changes name in sms. Could someone confirm that please? Try adding a new contact.

Don't know why, but i synced gmail's contacts (have none there) and then all my previous contacts apperead. nice. Problem solved

Last edited:

ljesh

Jan 31, 2008
Skopje
Can you add this to ROM manager? :/

Also, I am expecting few more things to get solved (like market and camera) and will definitively try it :)

MaxT

Apr 11, 2006
www.maxtara.cz
Adam you are simply the best.Your ROM is very good.
I have only one problem: Led,Led,Led.I need this notification.
Thank you for your hard work and sorry for my bad englisch.

noble8

Jun 8, 2010
Very nice rom, however screen lock sounds does not work when checked in settings. ;)

antz88c

Mar 9, 2010
I am not sure if it's just me but my tapatalk stopped working. i can no longer connect.

I nandroid back to r3.1 and tapatalk is still working.

markuz85

Jun 15, 2010
Kernel included. ( You were gonna try defrost overclocking kernel?)

Nope, just wondering since some people are having LED problems and some don't... thought it was a kernel thing and that people were using different DeFrost kernel versions, and therefore only some devices are affected.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
1.1c is up, enjoy :)

Thanks for the kind comments people, much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not bad with all the apps i have running :)
    the idea of this rom is to be stock, standard and clean android. not to have hacks because people like the look of other elements.

does not contain any user modifications/themes/bloatware
    GPS works fine for me (in GNav and Maps), and I don't use FB
    Hey all,

Just tried this ROM and I reckon its the best yet. Just wanted to know though, are people noticing reduced battery life? After a days use I'm not quite sure, but it seemed it might have gone down a bit quick.

Either way I think I'm sticking with this ROM, beautiful work!

I did notice a drop in battery live. With a previous release I had about 1% per 2 hour drop, now I have just over 1% per hour. Same config as before. Although it might as well be some program running in the background using to much power.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    How to set Autobrightness

Since some folks requested it, I thought I'd explain what I did:

The autobrightness settings are under Settings->OpenDesire Settings->User Interface->Automatic Backlight.

"Light sensor filter" -> Disabled
    Under "Light levels":
    -> Use custom -> Enabled
    -> Screen dim level -> Set to 10
    -> Allow light decrease -> Enabled

Now for the fun part, the settings under "Edit other levels...":

(see attachment)

At the top of that screen is the light level currently being reported by the sensor (the raw one). The light sensor is at the top of the screen underneath the black bezel, just to the left of the HTC logo. Move you hand over it to make the light change and see what readings you get. With my phone, my sensor reports only 7 discreet values. Those values (for me) are 10, 225, 320, 640, 1280, 2600 and 10240.

So I set the number of levels to 7 and used those values as the "Lower" boundaries. Next, I set the screen brightness I want for each of those levels. I used increments of roughly 45 to give fairly even steps. Notice also that I set "buttons" to 0 for all levels so that the key backlight is always off.

That's it, in a nutshell.