[MOD] AOSP themed Moto Contacts / Phone / Messaging v1.8.3 now with dark Contacts!

Search This thread

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
they were black :good:

At the moment i use the black contacts HSD provided me, but so i lose the AOSP-style of the dialer. I couldn't manage it until now to replace the .png shaft posted in the Blackout-thread, my time is too rare in these days :crying:

ICuaI

Apr 27, 2013
Hope you enjoyed DeMo...
My wife was fascinated again, when they played in Leipzig 6 days ago. She didn't missed a concert in Leipzig since about 15 or 20 years.

Thank yoy again for your great work. 1.8 with black contacts works like a charm for me.
Unfortunally you can hit the thanks-button only once per post....

via RazR I & Tapatalk 4

hypophysis

Oct 12, 2009
Neuburg a.d. Donau
Hope you enjoyed DeMo...
My wife was fascinated again, when they played in Leipzig 6 days ago. She didn't missed a concert in Leipzig since about 15 or 20 years.

Thankfully during the concert it didn't rain (it heavyly rained the whole weekend). But the munich Olympia stadium is just too big. It's not worth to pay 80 bucks to see them only on the video screens. And the atmospere is not that energetic any more because they play a lot of their depressive sounding newer stuff and the whole audience is aged around 40-50 today ;)

hypophysis

Oct 12, 2009
Neuburg a.d. Donau
New version v1.8.2 available. Download on first post.

Finally tracked down the white background in landscape view problem and corrected it.

I think my job is really done here. :victory:

If anyone find's something not matching AOSP style please tell me. As far as I can see everything is perfect now.

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
This version is signed? phone and contacts don't work here...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MobyDick92

Feb 26, 2012
When i install the zip, my contacts get themed, but my dialer and sms keep the old layout... What am i doing wrong? :(

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

I tries the 1.8.3 version on motorola atrix two with Jelly bean 4.1.2..

If you want to install without cwm then use Root Explorer or any other root capable file explore, extract the zip, copy the apks to /system/app change permissions to -rw-r--- delete the corresponding .odex files if they still exist and reboot.
Backup the original apks and .odex files before you do this (or rename them to .apk.old and .odex.old) if you want the possibilty to revert.

Hi ,
I tried the procedure with my atrix 2 runnin on stock JB....China.... process didnt work.. Only sms worked....I had downloaded the version 1.8.3..plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I further AOSP themed the Mods from Shaftenberg (all credits to him) to my needs and put them in together in one CWM flashable zip.

Only flash, when you are on Jelly Bean 4.1.2!
    Do a Nandroid backup before flashing (or backup contacts.apk, phone.apk, messaging.apk and the corresponding .odex files if you are on a odexed rom), just in case you want to revert later.

What I did:
    - Exchanged all remaining Moto icons with original or adapted CM10 AOSP icons - quite a lot.
    - Boosted the contrast of the dark and light AOSP faces a little. Dark faces are displayed in (dark) Phone and Messaging. Light faces in Contacts.
    - Adjusted some text, background and highlight colors.
    - Changed the emoticons in Messaging to their CM10 counterparts (green androids).
    - Darkened the very bright green Mailbox icon.

If someone still finds some ugly Moto icons, please post a screenshot.

These are all themed original Motorola APKs - so you won't get any side effects. Everything works as reliable as stock.
    Brazilian users need to use the special braziian version.

Tools used for my modding activities:
    - Virtuous Ten Studio
    - ImageMagick (command line image manipulation)
    - win-bash (UNIX Bash Shell for Windows)
    - Greenfish Icon Editor Pro
    - WinMerge
    - Notepad++
    - my brain :cool:

Changelog:

v1.1: Made the text in the thread selection screen of Messaging.apk brighter for better readability
    v1.1.1: Recompiled APKs with the signature keys from the original files (they didn't work in some setups before). Corrected updater-script.
    v1.2: Exchanged some more icons in Messaging.apk: Outgoing message face (only visible if you don't have a picture of yourself in Contacts), group icon.
    v1.3: Background of unread messages in thread list is now colored in visible dark holo blue. Text color of outgoing messages is now standard holo light blue (#33b5e5). Exchanged emoticons to higher resolution versions.
    v1.3_grey: In- and outgoing SMS/MMS messages in dark grey "message bubbles". (a little darker than shaftenberg's grey version, and without the grey background of the text input area). Text colour of outgoing messages white.
    v1.4_grey: Edited the green smileys. Two of them were blurred, smaller and in a slighty different colour. These are now perfectly matched to the others. Smileys in text are displayed a little larger. Exchanged some more icons to AOSP/CM icons (messaging icon in notfication area and in Contacts, small grey faces on contact photos).
    v1.5_grey: Edited the above mentioned smileys again. They had a little offset and I shifted them in the right position. Exchanged the messaging icon on the incoming call screen and ajusted the ring colour when locked on the messaging icon.
    v1.6_grey: Exchanged some more icons I had overseen. Incl. send message icon in the missed call dialog on the notification list, and some other icons that I haven't seen in the running program yet (e.g. the high priority message icon on the notification bar, for which I had to make an own icon cause it has no correspondent on CM10)
    v1.6.1_grey: Corrected the brightness of the voice search icon on the dialpad to match the other buttons on the dialpad.
    v1.7: Changed green phone receiver symbols to grey AOSP version except the one on the dialer. trash symbol on "long press" symbol bar was darker than the other symbols, corrected that. Changed all icons on these long press menus to AOSP versions. Changed the order of icons on this menu on recent calls list to resemble the icon order on the corresponding menu in contacts. Changed some icons in messaging to AOSP version (new message, phone receiver, attachment clip, made a AOSP style foward message symbol as there is none in cm10)
    v1.7.1: Changed the "angry" text emoticon because Moto used a completely wrong one.

v1.8: Now with extended set of AOSP smileys (6 more). Rearranged the smiley order. Changed some of the corresponding text emoticons to more common ones. Extended the emoticon parser with a lot of synonym emoticons.
    v.1.8_darkContacts: I finally did it! And it was a lot of hard work to do all the necessary editing and find out all the switches in the XML files. Even had to change some values in the smali files. Now with hopefully perfectly "Holo dark" themed Contacts.apk. Please post screenshots if you find something not matching the dark holo theme.

v1.8.1: Some minor corrections. Reworked favorites star symbols (intensity, color, edges). Now holo blue instead of yellow in dark Contacts version. Search icon on Phone now has the same brightness as on Contacts, corrected the voice search icon on the dialpad to have the same brightness too.
    v1.8.2: I finally found the reason for the white background on contact detail view in landscape view. It was a completely unnecessary background color definition very well hidden in the xml files. Simply a bug by the Moto coders. Removed it and now the background resembles the actual theme in both versions. Found some invisible icons in dark Contacts, corrected that. Did some minor color corrections in Messaging.
    v.1.8.3_darkContacts: Found some light grey faces in group members editing screen. Changed them to dark version.
    New version v1.8.2 available. Download on first post.

Finally tracked down the white background in landscape view problem and corrected it.

I think my job is really done here. :victory:

If anyone find's something not matching AOSP style please tell me. As far as I can see everything is perfect now.
    New version v1.8 available. Now with optional dark Contacts! :D Download on first page.
    if I DO want to cwm, I just need to flash it?

Yes, it's a CWM flashable ZIP. Do a Nandroid before, just in case you don't like it or something goes wrong.
    v1.2 available!
    Download from first post.