Is it possible to view your old SnapChat files?

Search This thread

harvmeister_

Jun 16, 2013
I want to view my old outbound SnapChap videos and pictures and I am aware that they are stored somewhere on smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Is it possible to find these files?

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Whenever you receive a snap, Snapchat stores them temporarily in /data/data/com.snapchat.android/cache as jpg.nomedia files. They are able to be accessed if snaps haven't been opened yet (and for some reason some just tend to stay there long after the message has been viewed).

When a Snap is opened, the app deleted that cache of files. So it's likly that if you have already viewed them, they have been deleted.

That may not always be the case (as I managed to dig up some old snaps last night), but it's how the app functions.

There's an app called Snaps that can fetch whatever is in the temp cache folder and save it as jpgs. If you have root it's worth trying to use that app (the apk can be downloaded off Github somewhere).

harvmeister_

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks for the replies but what I'm trying to find are the pictures and videos that I have sent to other people. I know they've probably gone for good but it would be nice to find them:good:

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Not sure it's possible sorry - Snapchat only caches inbound Snaps so outgoing ones can't be received.

Sorry for misreading your question.