[Q] rooted HTC Amaze 4G freezing at HTC logo..PLEASE HELP!

Search This thread

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
so I just rooted my HTC Amaze 4G and I downloaded several ROMs to try out different ones and see if they worked and no matter what ROMs I use, when I try to reboot the phone, it gets stuck at the white HTC logo screen.

I DID make sure I did a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition before installing new zips from SD card.

list of downloaded ROMs:
-EnergyAMAZE_ICS.zip
-Energy_4.27.2012.Amaze.Sense.3.6_ICS.zip
-Speed Rom 3.1.0.zip
*first two I believe are part of the same ROM but were downloaded as two different zips.

This is my first time doing this and so far, I feel like a crippled and lost puppy. help with be very appreciated

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
I'm sure you just need to flash the kernel. Make sure you flash kernels with their respective roms to complete the process. Search for easy kernel flasher and follow the instructions.

P.s. Next time it might be easier, quicker, and better for the forum if you search for the answer to your problem before you create a new thread... Thanks
Over 10000!!! You bet I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparty_hard

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
I'm sure you just need to flash the kernel. Make sure you flash kernels with their respective roms to complete the process. Search for easy kernel flasher and follow the instructions.

well to start off, I did fix the problem by installing the original T-Mobile Amaze ROM which I will upload shortly because I did notice other people having the same problem.

As far as the flashing, I'm using Hasoon2000's rooting/recovery program that I downloaded from one of his threads and I don't quite understand how to flash it..is that when I go into recovery and "install zip from SDcard"?

..sorry I'm a n00b

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
well to start off, I did fix the problem by installing the original T-Mobile Amaze ROM which I will upload shortly because I did notice other people having the same problem.

As far as the flashing, I'm using Hasoon2000's rooting/recovery program that I downloaded from one of his threads and I don't quite understand how to flash it..is that when I go into recovery and "install zip from SDcard"?

..sorry I'm a n00b

I don't use that program, but that sounds like it's the right setting. What is your recovery?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Yes

But you need to flash the kernel!
Easy kernel flasher is the name of the program.

Or if you want to skip easy kernel flasher, you can search for 4ext recovery software. It is the only recovery that can flash a kernel without s-off

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
Yes

Or if you want to skip easy kernel flasher, you can search for 4ext recovery software. It is the only recovery that can flash a kernel without s-off

So I flash the kernel first, then use the recovery to install the ROM and I'm in the clear?

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
now my phone is just starting up, getting past the HTC screen and (since I am trying to get the new ICS ROM) gets to the screen with the multiple revolving rings and freezes, then resets itself. what now?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Yep you got it ;) kernels are the heart of roms. The best way to get them flashed is 4ext but learning more about kernels and to flash it is important. Try a rom again. Flash the kernel with one of the programs I suggested and enjoy.

Hit the thanks button for me if you believe I helped.

ali.abid

Oct 4, 2011
toronto

..sorry I'm a n00b

i tried the tmo amaze rom but it didnt work for me still gets stuck at logo ? which one did you use.,?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
now my phone is just starting up, getting past the HTC screen and (since I am trying to get the new ICS ROM) gets to the screen with the multiple revolving rings and freezes, then resets itself. what now?

So you are trying to flash nrgz rom? Did you get the kernel flashed?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
I guess its fixed. Just use me and leave I guess. :(

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
Haha of course not but I flashed and installed cynogen ICS theme and it worked perfectly!....except my phone couldn't connect to any sort of wireless signals whatsoever. Couldn't even make a phone call :( so close. Further advice or possibly a better ROM and kernel?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Haha of course not but I flashed and installed cynogen ICS theme and it worked perfectly!....except my phone couldn't connect to any sort of wireless signals whatsoever. Couldn't even make a phone call :( so close. Further advice or possibly a better ROM and kernel?

That rom doesn't have any gsm or data..... Smh you have to read the entire post. But nrgz is the best rom to try. Ok I will post these directions for you.

try this, assuming you have a windows machine:
-download any ICS rom, extract the boot.img file, put it on your desktop
-download faux kernel, unzip the file on your desktop to keep it simple, and in the folder 'kernel-here' delete the boot.img in it and paste the boot.img you extracted from an ICS rom
-restart your phone in HBOOT and go to fastboot
-run the flash.bat batch file in the extracted folder from the faux kernel download, and let the command prompt run. It should tell you that the boot.img image was loaded.

restart your phone and hopefully you should be ok.

-courtesy of Andy55

Last edited:

RobsSXT

Apr 2, 2012
Morgan, UT
www.dailylog.net
I'm in the same boat. I was unlocked, running CWM 5.8.0.9 (Touch) with the Stock T-Mobile Kernel. I tried to flash Android Revolution from NRG ICS. The flash failed, and now I'm stuck on the white screen. I can't get into any recovery. I have flashed all the recoveries in Hasoons kit (and in EasyKernelFlasher_V1.3), I have flashed all the Kernels, I have tried all the suggestions in this thread. I can get into Bootloader easy, but once I try recovery, when it reboots to go into recovery (or a fresh start up from a battery pull), it hangs in the white screen.

When I pull the battery, put it in and plug into my laptop via USB, the phone sits there while off and connects and disconnects to the laptop over and over. When I disconnect it, I can boot into bootloader. But that's about all.

Been at this for hours searching for the magic bullet. I can't find it.

RobsSXT

Apr 2, 2012
Morgan, UT
www.dailylog.net
Oooo K, I got this to work, and here's what I did.

First off, I was stuck on the white boot screen, and could never get into Recovery. It would re-boot and hang at the white screen. I flashed it all with Hasoons kit, but nothing would work. But here's what I did.

First, I found this thread.

Down in the thread was a link to this.- it's a faux Kernel.

I downloaded it and put it on the root of my SD card. I renamed it to the usual ph85img.zip and booted into fastboot. The phone found that file and loaded it. That got me into Recovery.

From there, I was able to take the ROM of my choice, put it on my SD, then flash it as usual. And when it re-booted, I had a working phone again! Wh00T!

sparty_hard

May 10, 2012
East Lansing
the original Tmo stock ROM I used is T-mobile_1.43_Stock_Rom_testv1. I tried finding the link I originally got it from but couldn't so sorry about that, guys. All you have to do is wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode and wipe cache partition and then use Hasoon2000's toolkit to flash stock tmo kernel and then install the tmobile 1.43 stock rom from SDcard and that will make your phone go back to normal and you should not have a problem with the white HTC screen!

However, I still don't understand how some of you are getting these ROMs to work on your Amaze 4G. I think I'm doing it right so somebody critique my steps here:

-download rom <a href="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623184">found here</a>
-Place on sdcard
-turn off phone and boot into fastboot
-flash boot.img found in ROM file
-phone restarts itself and freezes at revolving ring screen and repeats over and over again
-so I take battery out and restart into recovery
-install zip from SDcard
-and then BOOM....nothing..same thing happens where it freezes at the revolving ring screen

WHAT IS GOING ON?! could it be the kernel that's faulty? looks like the rom worked for other people just fine

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Which Rom are you trying to flash? I hope you're not trying to flash an ICS Rom.. if you haven't updated to the Leaked ICS RUU then the Rom you might be trying to flash won't work. Check the Development threads. Read the OP and a few pages before asking on the thread.
-------------------------------------
Check out my hairless guinea pig :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What did you use to flash?

P.s. Next time it might be easier, quicker, and better for the forum if you search for the answer to your problem before you create a new thread... Thanks

..sorry I'm a n00b

I don't use that program, but that sounds like it's the right setting. What is your recovery?

Yes

Yep you got it ;) kernels are the heart of roms. The best way to get them flashed is 4ext but learning more about kernels and to flash it is important. Try a rom again. Flash the kernel with one of the programs I suggested and enjoy.

Hit the thanks button for me if you believe I helped.