[Q] Best Buy Insignia 7" Tablet NS-15AT07

Search This thread

EMARTY69

Jul 6, 2006
Hello, all... I just purchased an Insignia 7" tablet from Best Buy model# NS-15AT07. I'll start off by admitting I am a total NOOB! I used to peruse these forums back in the day and managed to root the first Google Nexus phone when it came out. So, I am a little familiar with the process. However, I am having the hardest time rooting this tablet.
First off, I got the ADB drivers by installing PDANet to search for them. Second, I tried Kingo Root and vRoot to no avail.
Kingo Root could see the tablet, but as soon as the process started, Windows 7 64-bit gave me an error "adb.exe has stopped working." Kingo Root just said "fail" and "installADB."
vRoot was a little more promissing. It started fine, installed some apps on the tablet and an alternate Marketplace in Chinese, but also ended in failure.
I have a feeling its the ADB drivers I have, but I have tried to get specific drivers from Insignia to no avail. What other options do I have for this little tablet?
Thanks in advance.
Ed

alton987

Sep 11, 2006
Belton, TX
Hello, all... I just purchased an Insignia 7" tablet from Best Buy model# NS-15AT07. I'll start off by admitting I am a total NOOB! I used to peruse these forums back in the day and managed to root the first Google Nexus phone when it came out. So, I am a little familiar with the process. However, I am having the hardest time rooting this tablet.
First off, I got the ADB drivers by installing PDANet to search for them. Second, I tried Kingo Root and vRoot to no avail.
Kingo Root could see the tablet, but as soon as the process started, Windows 7 64-bit gave me an error "adb.exe has stopped working." Kingo Root just said "fail" and "installADB."
vRoot was a little more promissing. It started fine, installed some apps on the tablet and an alternate Marketplace in Chinese, but also ended in failure.
I have a feeling its the ADB drivers I have, but I have tried to get specific drivers from Insignia to no avail. What other options do I have for this little tablet?
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Did you ever get this rooted?

cramamarshall

Jan 12, 2011
Tampa Bay
I have one of these tablets purchased it a few days ago. I was able to root it very easily using Kingo Android Root! I love this tablet it is a great device and all is working great so far with it. I actually got it on sale for $65.99 at my local Best Buy store. I use an older Asus tablet running Windows 7 64 bit and Kingo Root worked perfectly fine for rooting my NS15-TA07!

Sent from my NS-15AT07 using Tapatalk

Thoth7475

Dec 8, 2012
I have one of these tablets purchased it a few days ago. I was able to root it very easily using Kingo Android Root! I love this tablet it is a great device and all is working great so far with it. I actually got it on sale for $65.99 at my local Best Buy store. I use an older Asus tablet running Windows 7 64 bit and Kingo Root worked perfectly fine for rooting my NS15-TA07!

Sent from my NS-15AT07 using Tapatalk

Kingo worked for me also...the only issue I had was that I used the USB cable that I use for connecting my phone to the computer, once I plugged it in using the one that came with the tablet, everything went smooth and I am now rooted and ad free and liking this tablet that much more

Sent from my rooted NS-15AT07 using XDA