[APP] Snapdragon Batteryguru by Qualcomm

Search This thread

blenkows

Dec 14, 2012
I've always felt like all the battery saving apps are just placebos. These are quad core powered, big ass screens with a lot of RAM. You can't really avoid draining battery unless it's in a deep sleep.

I actually prefer the battery life I get on this phone compared to phones I've had in the past.

____
Sent from my LG Original Gangsta

peasantry

Nov 25, 2012
I downloaded this app a few days ago. It took 2 days for it to learn my usage habits. Will report back in a few days to see if there is any battery difference.

Feb 21, 2011
I used the app and still do but I always had much better battery life with this phone than any other Android phone I probably will un install it now that I remember having it. it didn't really help my battery life any (I get a full day worth of battery with a little more than normal use) but this app screwed up my wifi I can't connect to anything after about 3 hours of restarting the phone so if I want to get on wifi I have to restart my phone every time

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium HD app

N

nygfan760

Apps that claim to save battery are pretty much useless as they are constantly running. Just turn off the different things you aren't using. The only app that helps is Greenify, which helps my standby times by 1-2% per night and tells Google Maps to stop trying to do random stuff every second. I've managed to push this phone for really long stretches, it's all about management on the user end.

ManuLM

May 20, 2012
Now released as final on GPlay

The app is now marked as final on G Play.
On my phone, it seems stuck in learning mode though, so it seems the app is not so final after all :/

gsrrr

Apr 6, 2011
Apps that claim to save battery are pretty much useless as they are constantly running. Just turn off the different things you aren't using. The only app that helps is Greenify, which helps my standby times by 1-2% per night and tells Google Maps to stop trying to do random stuff every second. I've managed to push this phone for really long stretches, it's all about management on the user end.

How do you greenify google maps? It does not show up in the list of apps available for hibernation in greenify.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
How do you greenify google maps? It does not show up in the list of apps available for hibernation in greenify.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Has to be a user installed app. If maps is a system app, you can't greenify it. Try uninstalling it through TiBu then reinstall through the play store and greenify should work.

Sent from my LG-E970

Reactions: gsrrr

SovereignKnight

Jun 9, 2012
This app pretty much sucks. I side loaded it since the play store says it's not compatible. It's been stuck on ”Battery savings begins in an hour ” for two weeks. It's useless on the Nexus 7 2013. (Latest Version)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like Qualcomm has release an app to help with battery life for Snapdragon devices.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...uru-aims-to-extend-your-devices-battery-life/
    Is it not sad that the app is in learning mode for 2 days... aka has done nothing yet, but people are reviewing it??? If it does not turn off cpu cores when they hit idle the app is useless in my book.

Then don't use it.
    Is it not sad that the app is in learning mode for 2 days... aka has done nothing yet, but people are reviewing it??? If it does not turn off cpu cores when they hit idle the app is useless in my book.

Try Greenify. Basically the same thing but you can put any app into hibernation. I've noticed a huge increase in battery in just 24 hours as it seems apps like Maps and YouTube are constantly running in the background. Android System under battery usage is very minimal with Greenify disabling apps. Will shut off the background processes of your choice a little after you turn the screen off.

Sent from my LG Optimus G
    I've always felt like all the battery saving apps are just placebos. These are quad core powered, big ass screens with a lot of RAM. You can't really avoid draining battery unless it's in a deep sleep.

I actually prefer the battery life I get on this phone compared to phones I've had in the past.

____
    Sent from my LG Original Gangsta
    Before and after greenify... Yeah it works

equ2y7e8.jpg

EDIT: Works really well...

epezavaq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus G LTE