[MOD]V6 SuperCharger for Beta 2(Works on EVERY other ROM) - Update 4/10/12

Search This thread

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Smooth Scrolling Mod & V6 SuperCharger for CM9

Disclaimer
By downloading and installing any of these mods, you have accepted my terms of agreement. I.E Your phone gets messed up? Not my fault. Countries WAGE WAR over your phone fearing its doomsday capabilities....Guess what? NOT. MY. FAULT. *sigh* I could sit here all day and think of more cliche and childish things for a disclaimer. But I'm going to take a nap instead. Enjoy! Also, I don't claim to any of these. I am merely correcting them for our phones and releasing them to the public. I guess then it doesn't reallllly belong in development. But no one has yelled at me so let's go with it![/CENTER]

Smooth Scrolling Mod:

This mod has been deprecated. Decad3nce has informed me that it is unneeded as ICS' scroll cache kicks ass.

This mod was designed to improve scrolling performance in everything. What it did was disable the scrolling cache. The scrolling cache used by older builds of Android didn't seem to work right and seemed only store cache for apps that are used often, and also didn't make sense for applications where the window content is constantly changes(Browser, XDA, Market, etc). Wiping the cache partition also wiped it out and constant flashers such as myself are always trying something different. So all in all it was kind of useless and scroll performance was a tad better without it contantly trying to build itself. SO with the help of AndroidON's thread, I killed it!

If you want to try and apply the mod yourself, go to the thread and follow the instructions. All you really do is use smali/baksmali to decompile the framework.jar and edit /android/widget/AbsListView.smali. Specifics in the thread. Real easy to do and a good learning experience for some. Try it out!

Downloads:
This mod has been deprecated. There will be no future downloads.

V6 SuperCharger Script:

Sir!

These are extremely outdated.

Go here and scroll down down down to the bottom of the page, when zeppelinrox has placed the updated files.

I recommend flashing the Starter Kit. *And if you need to adjust your services.jar go use the web app.

HUGE UPDATE! - Mod your services.jar instantly with the ICS OOM Priority Charger WebApp!

If you weren't aware V6 SuperCharger Script is not really compatible with ICS. It just doesn't seem to do anything. That's why zeppelinrox took to finding out why and how to fix it. The result is a completely different script. Entirely designed for ICS. That seems fine a well right? Just download the new script and use it like normal...right? NO! You have to crack open services.jar in order to allow for the script to have any effect! Here is the link to the how to. It was just as easy and straightforward as the scroll mod, and I recommend giving it a look see. So what I did was rip the services.jar out of Alpha 3 and apply the mod! COOL!

I have been trying to use V6 Supercharge on CM9 and didn't seem to be getting much benefit - I honestly would not have been able to do the steps necessary to make it work - it is just over my head - so your flash file has helped me incredibly - I also never did try The other two 'tweaks' before until tonight and - the difference is amazing and immediately noticeable - extremely quick - and smooth - can't wait to see if they help save a little extra battery too - thank you very much!

All of the downloads posted here are posted in the threads above. I ask you to go to the threads and give zeppelinrox a thanks. He/she beyond deserves it.

I am also adding the links to the KickAss Kernelizer and 3G SuperCharger as well. I am using them both and it's pretty amazing. That said, the V6 SuperCharger, KickAss Kernelizer, and 3G SuperChargers will be the biggest boost you could ask for. I am underclocked AND undervolted and my phone has never been faster. YMMV but I'm still way sure.

Downloads:
Services.jar - Beta 2: Die-Hard
-Latest. Required to use the mods in ICS. This is a flashable zip. Just drag it to your SD card and flash in ClockworkMod. I ripped the updater script from EB! :tyrannosaurus: NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod. THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR CM9! MIUI has it built in, and V6 supports all versions of the operating system prior to ICS.
Services.jar - Beta 1: Die-Hard
Services.jar - Beta 0: Die-Hard
Services.jar - Alpha 5: Die-Hard | Bulletproof
Services.jar - Alpha 4: Die-Hard | Bulletproof

-Yes it says .pdf. That's the way zeppelinrox had to do it because the scripts got huge and the limit on .txt forced them to change. If you have a problem downloading it, right-click and select "Save Link as". You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Note: When asked which speed you want to scroll at it gives for options 1-3. You can STILL choose 0. Choosing 0 will make the script run at top speed. This is useful for people who open it often. After initial setup scroll down and you should see 30 options. There are three pertaining to "512 HP". Choose one of those options. I chose option seven for example. I also turned on the "Nitro Lag Nullifier" experimental option. I have seen no ill effects. Only good happy rainbow effects. There is also SuperClean! Which just wipes your dalvik-cache and reboots. It's prompted, but you can say no. Which is probably for the best considering there is no shutdown. Instant reboot. Which can kill data. So yeah YMMV. Be careful. Make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

-Again .pdf. You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Run this AFTER V6. Let it does it's deal. Follow the script and click type I to install when prompted. I said yes to the I/O tweaks with no issues. It says that it may cause boot loops AND it may bork bluetooth...so keep that in mind Fixed! Go ahead and check out the I/O tweaks. But still make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

-Also .pdf. You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Run this AFTER V6. Let it do it's initial intro and then you will see eleven options. I chose experimental 1. But you can choose whichever option you think sounds best. The lower the number the better battery savings(1 being the best, 5 & 6 being the worst). Make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

I recommend upon installing Script Manager to immediately activate root permissions by going into Menu->Advanced->Config->Browse As Root.

Failsafe:​
Flash this if using the I/O tweaks caused you to boot loop. It shouldn't happen as it has been updated. But this should fix it without you having to use nandroid if anything does go wrong.

All in One Package: Die-Hard
-All three tweaks, the services.jar, AND the failsafe all in one neat package. tweaks and failsafe will be placed on the SD card under folder name "ACS_V6SC". Follow the individual instructions above for the V6 SuperCharger, KickAss Kernelizer, 3G SuperCharger, and KAK failsafe.

The All-In-One DOES NOT WORK WITH AOK-FREAKING-P!!!

Having any issues? While I urge you to search through the thread for your answer if you need help with something post with the kernel, Alpha version, theme(if any), and the steps you took to install and try it. If the mod does not work the first time it could have been a bad download.

Do YOU have a speed mod you would like to contribute? Contact me! Leave a comment! Whatevs.

Last edited:

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Doesn't really help but do notice a small amount of difference. There's still that odd snap scrolling in scrolling through xda
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

ICStevenC.

Dec 31, 2011
New York
Doesn't really help but do notice a small amount of difference. There's still that odd snap scrolling in scrolling through xda

I got the same result when I first installed the zip, but then I let my phone sit for a while as I watched some YouTube videos on my computer and when I began using my Epic, I noticed major improvements. No lag at all now. I've tested the scrolling in the xda app, Twitter feed, Facebook feed, browser, and through all my songs in the music app. Everything is smooth. I'm not sure if this is the mod working or not.

Last edited:

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Has anyone tried running the SuperCharger script instead to try and fix the lag? Personally I haven't but I'm curious to know if that may help.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using CM7!

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Has anyone tried running the SuperCharger script instead to try and fix the lag? Personally I haven't but I'm curious to know if that may help.

I'm running it now.

But to be honest I wasn't experiencing any major lag in the first place. Even with 10 apps open. The scroll mod is for annoying stutters while scrolling.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
I'm running it now.

But to be honest I wasn't experiencing any major lag in the first place. Even with 10 apps open. The scroll mod is for annoying stutters while scrolling.

Alright but I'm just curious to know if it feels faster. I'm on cm7 now, not switching to cm9 unil I figure out how to get rid of the phantom voicemail notification (I'm not activating another device and all that stuff)

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Alright but I'm just curious to know if it feels faster. I'm on cm7 now, not switching to cm9 unil I figure out how to get rid of the phantom voicemail notification (I'm not activating another device and all that stuff)

Um call sprint and tell them to empty your box?...

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas

Running it now as well doesn't seem to improve anything but it does seem to run around a lot better :)

Reactions: || Acer ||

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Um call sprint and tell them to empty your box?...

I already tried to contact sprint about this to clear my voicemail inbox, but instead they got rid of my 3G, so I had to go back to a ei22 rom to reactivate my phone, only to learn that the voicemail never even disappeared even when I asked them to. So how would I go by blocking this stupid voicemail? Ik its small, but it is persistently annoying. I'd rather have it just not show then to actually be fixed at the moment, similar to just turning off voicemail notifications in CM7.

stilesja

Feb 22, 2011
Knoxville
I already tried to contact sprint about this to clear my voicemail inbox, but instead they got rid of my 3G, so I had to go back to a ei22 rom to reactivate my phone, only to learn that the voicemail never even disappeared even when I asked them to. So how would I go by blocking this stupid voicemail? Ik its small, but it is persistently annoying. I'd rather have it just not show then to actually be fixed at the moment, similar to just turning off voicemail notifications in CM7.

Same here. Agent insisted the android visual VM was the same box as those on other phones but cleared it for me anyway. It didn't work.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio

I used super charger with the mod on cm7 with great results, about to try it on cm9. I'll do supercharge first, then add smooth scrolling mod n tell you what Ithink. First let me play with cm9 for a bit to get a feel for it.

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
Supercharger on alpha 1 seemed alot snappier to me. Im curious, is anyone wiping data from alpha 1 to 2?

Sent from my C9AN0GEN-MOd EpicOG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smooth Scrolling Mod & V6 SuperCharger for CM9

Disclaimer
    By downloading and installing any of these mods, you have accepted my terms of agreement. I.E Your phone gets messed up? Not my fault. Countries WAGE WAR over your phone fearing its doomsday capabilities....Guess what? NOT. MY. FAULT. *sigh* I could sit here all day and think of more cliche and childish things for a disclaimer. But I'm going to take a nap instead. Enjoy! Also, I don't claim to any of these. I am merely correcting them for our phones and releasing them to the public. I guess then it doesn't reallllly belong in development. But no one has yelled at me so let's go with it![/CENTER]

Smooth Scrolling Mod:

This mod has been deprecated. Decad3nce has informed me that it is unneeded as ICS' scroll cache kicks ass.

This mod was designed to improve scrolling performance in everything. What it did was disable the scrolling cache. The scrolling cache used by older builds of Android didn't seem to work right and seemed only store cache for apps that are used often, and also didn't make sense for applications where the window content is constantly changes(Browser, XDA, Market, etc). Wiping the cache partition also wiped it out and constant flashers such as myself are always trying something different. So all in all it was kind of useless and scroll performance was a tad better without it contantly trying to build itself. SO with the help of AndroidON's thread, I killed it!

If you want to try and apply the mod yourself, go to the thread and follow the instructions. All you really do is use smali/baksmali to decompile the framework.jar and edit /android/widget/AbsListView.smali. Specifics in the thread. Real easy to do and a good learning experience for some. Try it out!

Downloads:
    This mod has been deprecated. There will be no future downloads.

V6 SuperCharger Script:

Sir!

These are extremely outdated.

Go here and scroll down down down to the bottom of the page, when zeppelinrox has placed the updated files.

I recommend flashing the Starter Kit. *And if you need to adjust your services.jar go use the web app.

HUGE UPDATE! - Mod your services.jar instantly with the ICS OOM Priority Charger WebApp!

If you weren't aware V6 SuperCharger Script is not really compatible with ICS. It just doesn't seem to do anything. That's why zeppelinrox took to finding out why and how to fix it. The result is a completely different script. Entirely designed for ICS. That seems fine a well right? Just download the new script and use it like normal...right? NO! You have to crack open services.jar in order to allow for the script to have any effect! Here is the link to the how to. It was just as easy and straightforward as the scroll mod, and I recommend giving it a look see. So what I did was rip the services.jar out of Alpha 3 and apply the mod! COOL!

I have been trying to use V6 Supercharge on CM9 and didn't seem to be getting much benefit - I honestly would not have been able to do the steps necessary to make it work - it is just over my head - so your flash file has helped me incredibly - I also never did try The other two 'tweaks' before until tonight and - the difference is amazing and immediately noticeable - extremely quick - and smooth - can't wait to see if they help save a little extra battery too - thank you very much!

All of the downloads posted here are posted in the threads above. I ask you to go to the threads and give zeppelinrox a thanks. He/she beyond deserves it.

I am also adding the links to the KickAss Kernelizer and 3G SuperCharger as well. I am using them both and it's pretty amazing. That said, the V6 SuperCharger, KickAss Kernelizer, and 3G SuperChargers will be the biggest boost you could ask for. I am underclocked AND undervolted and my phone has never been faster. YMMV but I'm still way sure.

Downloads:
    Services.jar - Beta 2: Die-Hard
    -Latest. Required to use the mods in ICS. This is a flashable zip. Just drag it to your SD card and flash in ClockworkMod. I ripped the updater script from EB! :tyrannosaurus: NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod. THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR CM9! MIUI has it built in, and V6 supports all versions of the operating system prior to ICS.
    Services.jar - Beta 1: Die-Hard
    Services.jar - Beta 0: Die-Hard
    Services.jar - Alpha 5: Die-Hard | Bulletproof
    Services.jar - Alpha 4: Die-Hard | Bulletproof

-Yes it says .pdf. That's the way zeppelinrox had to do it because the scripts got huge and the limit on .txt forced them to change. If you have a problem downloading it, right-click and select "Save Link as". You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Note: When asked which speed you want to scroll at it gives for options 1-3. You can STILL choose 0. Choosing 0 will make the script run at top speed. This is useful for people who open it often. After initial setup scroll down and you should see 30 options. There are three pertaining to "512 HP". Choose one of those options. I chose option seven for example. I also turned on the "Nitro Lag Nullifier" experimental option. I have seen no ill effects. Only good happy rainbow effects. There is also SuperClean! Which just wipes your dalvik-cache and reboots. It's prompted, but you can say no. Which is probably for the best considering there is no shutdown. Instant reboot. Which can kill data. So yeah YMMV. Be careful. Make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

-Again .pdf. You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Run this AFTER V6. Let it does it's deal. Follow the script and click type I to install when prompted. I said yes to the I/O tweaks with no issues. It says that it may cause boot loops AND it may bork bluetooth...so keep that in mind Fixed! Go ahead and check out the I/O tweaks. But still make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

-Also .pdf. You can remove the .pdf after the fact, but it doesn't really matter. Drag this to your SD card and then open it with root permissions with Script Manager. Run this AFTER V6. Let it do it's initial intro and then you will see eleven options. I chose experimental 1. But you can choose whichever option you think sounds best. The lower the number the better battery savings(1 being the best, 5 & 6 being the worst). Make a nandroid! NOTE: After an Alpha update you will have to reapply this mod.

I recommend upon installing Script Manager to immediately activate root permissions by going into Menu->Advanced->Config->Browse As Root.

Failsafe:​
    Flash this if using the I/O tweaks caused you to boot loop. It shouldn't happen as it has been updated. But this should fix it without you having to use nandroid if anything does go wrong.

All in One Package: Die-Hard
    -All three tweaks, the services.jar, AND the failsafe all in one neat package. tweaks and failsafe will be placed on the SD card under folder name "ACS_V6SC". Follow the individual instructions above for the V6 SuperCharger, KickAss Kernelizer, 3G SuperCharger, and KAK failsafe.

The All-In-One DOES NOT WORK WITH AOK-FREAKING-P!!!

Having any issues? While I urge you to search through the thread for your answer if you need help with something post with the kernel, Alpha version, theme(if any), and the steps you took to install and try it. If the mod does not work the first time it could have been a bad download.

Do YOU have a speed mod you would like to contribute? Contact me! Leave a comment! Whatevs.
    Updated for Alpha 2.

qbking77 also looks good naked.

Standard disclaimer and such.
    Huh. I guess I never figured to make a thread for this!

I will make a github page with the changes tonight.

EDIT: Github is acting up like you wouldn't believe. I found the original thread that EB then I pulled this from. So all credit goes to AndroidON. It's incredibly easy to do.
    Updated for Alpha 1.

Check the OP you all plural!

Updated for Alpha 3.

Check the OP!