ASUS Transformer TF300T-B1-BL

Search This thread

BNAS

May 24, 2006
Updating Firmware

Greetings! I am on the .17 firmware and I an rooted. Used OTA rootkeeper to back it up and downloaded the .26 and .29 US versions from Asus as it will not find it from the tablet itself.
How do I install the firmware update (.ZIP) file once copied to the /Sdcard? I extracted the files to my computer. Should I copy the Blob file to the SDcard and then run it? I just don't want to brick this thing. Also, can I just to .29 and skip .26 then restore root?

Thanks,

Last edited:

EndlessDissent

Oct 18, 2010
Chicago
You can't restore root after a manual update. You have to wait until the OTA is available to you. Otherwise, the only way to root is to unlock your device and flash the root zip in the CWM thread.

Thinking1

May 29, 2007
Any Answer Yet

I've seen this on a few keyboards before, I think it is just a reference point for when it is too dark too see the keys well.
I just got this same model for a buddy of mine. Did you ever find out the answer to your question.. We see the white circles around the 1 and 6 buttons and also the up and down button as well. Do they serve any real person?

Lectrik

Nov 13, 2008
They're low visibilty references. They don't actually have a function other than your sight. In low light they split the number pad from 1-5 and from 6-10 similar to the tactile references on the F and J keys on a QWERTY.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

rdjr74

Oct 29, 2010
Back from the dead! I found this tablet on 1 day deals today for 260 (refurb). Is this still a relevant tablet, it being a year old? For the price would it be worth it to bite the bullet on this a get one? Are there other tablets out there that are more current with the same spec's or better spec's around the same price? thanks!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Back from the dead! I found this tablet on 1 day deals today for 260 (refurb). Is this still a relevant tablet, it being a year old? For the price would it be worth it to bite the bullet on this a get one? Are there other tablets out there that are more current with the same spec's or better spec's around the same price? thanks!

I bought one, and im pretty happy with it

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site

the dev support on this tablet is amazing. i looked around for a month or so. for what we have tegra 3 and so on. its a great deal. unlock root it flash cm10.1 profit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Our video comparison between the Asus TF300 and Acer A510 is live now: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=42546

A really close race!

Lisa from MTR
    Ok guys (and gals),

I'm ready to try and root this sucker! It's just running way to slow and jumpy in areas. As I said in a previous message, I'm going to try and do a factory reset.

But I doubt that's going to help much, but who knows. However, I do need root like everyone else seems to want as well.

I don't care that much about custom roms, as long as I can get this to work like my phone does, which is very fast and no lag issues.

So if you guys have a found an easy step by step way to root, can you post a link to the exact steps I would need to take.

And maybe someone will offer to hold my hand if I run into an issue.

Thank you!

Rob

PS I did check and I'm already on version 26 not 17.

The basic steps for downgrading and rooting are this:

1. Make sure you have adb installed on your computer.

2. Download the US .17 firmware from asus:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS%20Transformer%20Pad%20TF300T&p=20&s=16&os=32

3. Extract the blob file from the firmware archive and copy it to the sdcard folder of your TF300.

4. Follow Wolf's downgrading guide Method 2:

Wolf's ultimate flash and downgrade guide (NO ROOT NEEDED) (root opportunity for .21) Eee Pad Transformer General

5. Dowload and install the SparkyRoot apk and follow the instructions:

[TOOL][APK ROOT]SparkyRoot Apk root method Eee Pad Transformer Prime Android Development

6. Open the Superuser app that should have been installed on your TF300 and verify it is working and you have root.

7. Install OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store and use it to backup your root.

8. Go in to Settings, About tablet, System Firmware Update, and check for an update. You should be able to download and install the .26 update.

9. Run OTA Rootkeeper and restore your root.
    LOL, as a Prime owner myself, it's true. It's frustrating that they worked out so many of the kinks for this less expensive model. Amazing what 5 months of live and learn can do for a company (though we Prime owners might feel like beta testers).

- Lisa from MobileTechReview

>According to Lisa from MTR it does sit flush. Here is the link to the video review.

Clip embedded below for greater visibility.

As with MTR's other vid reviews, it's a comprehensive look. Suggested viewing for all except Prime users. :)

@safarigirl: Suggest embedding said MTR review link or clip into OP post for easier access.

Hello guys. Benchmark managed to get TF300T early, so I decided to do a short video presentation, just to let people know how smooth it is. I am open to questions, but be quick, don't know when I will be returning it.

http://youtu.be/4Io1gxDrSGw?hd=1, direct HD link.

We have both the Prime and the Asus 510 (I did the A510 video review mentioned a few posts back). The Prime's IPS+ display is higher contrast and it's a just a little warmer. The higher contrast makes it seem sharper. I was however impressed with the Acer A510's display-- they've really stepped up their game from previous tablets and it's quite good. But it is hard to beat the Prime's display for brightness and contrast. The Prime and new iPad display are my 2 favorites. We will do a smackdown video comparison between the Prime and Acer Iconia A510. Though the Acer falls between the Prime and Asus Transformer TF300 in price and features...