VVM/My Verizon/Flash 10.2 all for GB (Updated 7/20)

Search This thread

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
OK, so I'm putting these up all in one place. This way you can stop asking for them in various threads. I'll add others as I discover need to add them.

My Verizon only works on VZW based ROMs.
6/27 Only works with PlainJane v3 AFAIK 6/27. GB ROMs will need to wait for a new base leak most likely.
6/30 Update - Older version works again. Download MyVerizon.apk for the older version that works on most newer ROMs. the com.vzw.hss.myverizon-1.apk will only work on the MR2 based ROMs.

VVM (visual voicemail) - Works on all versions of everything as far as I know. It also fixes the notification issues that people are having with voicemails on bamf roms. (your account must have it enabled for it to work, $3 a month.) - Apparently doesn't work with the Thunderstick ROM or CM7 1.2. Not sure what got changed in this most current build, but it definitely broke VVM. Thunderstick has some conflicting files baked in that break it.

Flash 10.2 edited for use with hulu.com as well. If you don't use it for hulu you won't see any difference. CM7 users rejoice? Just make sure you don't accidentally update it via market or you'll lose in browser flash video again and need to re-install this.

If you're having issues with a particular file, please post what ROM you're running. I'm trying to narrow down possible culprit ROMs.

If these files help you, don't forget about the "Thanks" button ;)

Enjoy.

6/25 - Re-uploaded VVM.apk since a couple people seem to be having issues with it. I even deleted it off my phone and re-downloaded it via this attachment to check to make sure it went through properly. Since there are only the 2 people commenting that it didn't work out of 100+ downloads of the file, I'm going to assume that something happened on your end not mine (make sure you have unknown sources checked in your application settings and/or re-download?), but re-uploaded and tested nonetheless.
6/26 - Had to pull My Verizon due to an update today that breaks it for us. No current working version known for Thunderbolt. :(
6/27 - Ok, so the structure is there in the MR2 froyo update (plainjane v3) so I'm putting the current apk up. I need to figure out what i need to strip out of MR2 to make it work for other ROMs.
6/29 - Added Skype
6/30 - Changed Skype File location to Fyels.com for more bandwidth. :)
6/30 - Re-Posted the older My Verizon APK. No idea what VZW is up to on their end, but it no longer prompts for update locking us out. :) We'll see how long that lasts.
7/5 - Fixed Broken link for skype. Added bold text to netflix description to make it more obvious that it doesn't work on unrooted/froyo phones...
7/8 - Added Flash 10.2 (is also edited for use with hulu.com) for CM7 users.
7/20 - Removed netflix. It is now natively supported.
7/20 - Updated VVM to newer build version.
8/5 - Removed skype. Natively supported.

Attachments

• com.vzw.hss.myverizon-1.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,468
  • MyVerizon.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,585
  • Flash10.2+Hulu.apk
    4 MB · Views: 765
  • com.vzw.vvm.androidclient-2.apk
    582.8 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
My Verizon app not working on my stock T- bolt. Pop up says not supported on this device. Did you mean all *rooted* Verizon based ROMs?

Last edited:

ipawd1

Mar 11, 2010
This is great, and I'ma let you finish.... but where's the Hulu+? #kanyeshrug

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
This is great, and I'ma let you finish.... but where's the Hulu+? #kanyeshrug

Hulu plus is not currently supported on the tbolt (hence i won't put it in the op til then). If you want to mess with it, here's the apk. You can manage queues etc but you cannot play video. You will get a "device not supported yet" type error. You may be able to edit the build.prop to get it running by tricking it into thinking you have a different (supported) device but the idea to this thread is to not hack/edit things to get them working.

Attachments

• com.hulu.plus-1.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Dangerous Dave

Mar 5, 2010
www.tinyurl.com
You should be able to download it from the market if you're stock but the thread title says "for GB" ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Not on the market for T-Bolt, and sorry...I missed the GB in the thread title (linked here from another thread).

At the risk of being accused of threadjacking, somebody saw my post and sent me a link for a MyVerizon app that works on a stock T-Bolt. (Thanks Zinsko!) So in case somebody makes the same mistake as me and wants the same answer, It's here
http://www.4shared.com/file/9XiNcQ-w/My_Verizon_Mobile.html.
Cheezy site, but the app works as it's supposed to.
[/threadjack]

Last edited:

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
Not on the market for T-Bolt, and sorry...I missed the GB in the thread title (linked here from another thread).

At the risk of being accused of threadjacking, somebody saw my post and sent me a link for a MyVerizon app that works on a stock T-Bolt. (Thanks Zinsko!) So in case somebody makes the same mistake as me and wants the same answer, It's here
http://www.4shared.com/file/9XiNcQ-w/My_Verizon_Mobile.html.
Cheezy site, but the app works as it's supposed to.
[/threadjack]

I don't trust apps that I don't pull myself. Someone in that thread noted that that apk got flagged by Norton (mine doesnt). Just a heads up.

jdphilly

Aug 15, 2010
Philly
Tried installing vvm but no dice...tried installing as a apk tried dropping in system app tried renaming it. all I get is app not installed do I need to change permissions?

Reactions: idntknw

dneilan1

Jul 18, 2010
Anyone have luck with the VVM APK? Can't get it to install at all. Using BAMF 2.1. Tried a straight APK install and just dropping it into the sytem/app folder via root explorer.

dneilan1

Jul 18, 2010
Tried installing vvm but no dice...tried installing as a apk tried dropping in system app tried renaming it. all I get is app not installed do I need to change permissions?

I see someone beat me too it :)

And yes, I did change permissions. Would really love to get this working, as I have to use VZW VVM for work. Thanks.

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
All I do is install it like anything else. Looks like this.

Make sure you have unknown sources checked. I'll reupload it when I get home if people are still having issues. I've installed it on every version of bamf that didn't include integrated Vvm and cm7.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308977834833.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308977834833.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:

rt1231

May 15, 2008
I do appreciate th work you have put into these but I also cant get the VVM to work. I am using thunder stick GB rom and it wont work. Any ideas?

2k10MBC300SPT

Jun 8, 2010
Medford, MA
I am very happy that this is thread came out cuz I've been tryin to leave Froyo but those 3 major apps were an issue w/GB and it looks like no more issues. Am on the latest Gingeritis and all those apps work anyway so I'll cnfirm the truth about this thread once I decide to test the other GB roms again. Great thread though OP. Much props to you. If you can somehow make the HTC messaging widget bug leave GB as well, You'd be even more of a hero:)

ind3p3nd3nt

Jan 26, 2010
When I try to launch the My Verizon app on Bamf 3.0 RC3 it says there is an updated version of the My Verizon app in the market. If I select upgrade, it launches the market, but can not find the app. If I select cancel, it closes the My Verizon app. Is anyone else having this problem?

qubanaso

Jul 21, 2010
North Lauderdale
When I try to launch the My Verizon app on Bamf 3.0 RC3 it says there is an updated version of the My Verizon app in the market. If I select upgrade, it launches the market, but can not find the app. If I select cancel, it closes the My Verizon app. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yea same here you can tell its an old version because the widget is old compared to the stock app we need the latest one

2k10MBC300SPT

Jun 8, 2010
Medford, MA
The VVM apk is not working w/Thunderstick rom, can anyone confirm this. Each time I install, I get the error that a "built in" version is already installed..I know there isn't..oh well..Guess am back to Gingertis 3D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so I'm putting these up all in one place. This way you can stop asking for them in various threads. I'll add others as I discover need to add them.

My Verizon only works on VZW based ROMs.
    6/27 Only works with PlainJane v3 AFAIK 6/27. GB ROMs will need to wait for a new base leak most likely.
    6/30 Update - Older version works again. Download MyVerizon.apk for the older version that works on most newer ROMs. the com.vzw.hss.myverizon-1.apk will only work on the MR2 based ROMs.

VVM (visual voicemail) - Works on all versions of everything as far as I know. It also fixes the notification issues that people are having with voicemails on bamf roms. (your account must have it enabled for it to work, $3 a month.) - Apparently doesn't work with the Thunderstick ROM or CM7 1.2. Not sure what got changed in this most current build, but it definitely broke VVM. Thunderstick has some conflicting files baked in that break it.

Flash 10.2 edited for use with hulu.com as well. If you don't use it for hulu you won't see any difference. CM7 users rejoice? Just make sure you don't accidentally update it via market or you'll lose in browser flash video again and need to re-install this.

If you're having issues with a particular file, please post what ROM you're running. I'm trying to narrow down possible culprit ROMs.

If these files help you, don't forget about the "Thanks" button ;)

Enjoy.

6/25 - Re-uploaded VVM.apk since a couple people seem to be having issues with it. I even deleted it off my phone and re-downloaded it via this attachment to check to make sure it went through properly. Since there are only the 2 people commenting that it didn't work out of 100+ downloads of the file, I'm going to assume that something happened on your end not mine (make sure you have unknown sources checked in your application settings and/or re-download?), but re-uploaded and tested nonetheless.
    6/26 - Had to pull My Verizon due to an update today that breaks it for us. No current working version known for Thunderbolt. :(
    6/27 - Ok, so the structure is there in the MR2 froyo update (plainjane v3) so I'm putting the current apk up. I need to figure out what i need to strip out of MR2 to make it work for other ROMs.
    6/29 - Added Skype
    6/30 - Changed Skype File location to Fyels.com for more bandwidth. :)
    6/30 - Re-Posted the older My Verizon APK. No idea what VZW is up to on their end, but it no longer prompts for update locking us out. :) We'll see how long that lasts.
    7/5 - Fixed Broken link for skype. Added bold text to netflix description to make it more obvious that it doesn't work on unrooted/froyo phones...
    7/8 - Added Flash 10.2 (is also edited for use with hulu.com) for CM7 users.
    7/20 - Removed netflix. It is now natively supported.
    7/20 - Updated VVM to newer build version.
    8/5 - Removed skype. Natively supported.

This is a new issue as of today. I'll try and get my hands on the updated apk.
    File location for Skype changed to Fyels to take load off my ftp. You bastards are cranking about 1GB/hour, lol. 6/30

http://fyels.com/b6E00p
    Ok. I've been doing some testing with the video Skype. Just a few bugs but works great. I've tried it on 2 ROMs. CM7 using 2.5 radio has no audio unless you pause the video then unpause, then you have audio. On Synergy ROM Skype worked perfect. So I'm assuming any Sense GB ROM will do great.

If you have a low audio issue, I recommend Volume+ from app store. It does audio wonders for me since I'm about deaf.

Skype works beautiful from phone on 3g to Desktop. I have no one to test with on Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt 3g.

Hit my help meter if this helped :)