How to unroot without a computer?

Search This thread

Xpwnage123

May 12, 2011
Hi guys. Right now my phone is rooted and running an AOSP rom, but the charging port recently stopped working, so I'm going to use my warranty to swap it. That said, I can't use a usb cable for my phone, so I can't flash back to stock using ODIN. Any ideas on how I can unroot and make my phone look like it's running stock without a usb cable?

Thanks for your help.

mcbeat257

May 8, 2014
Fairfax
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Hi guys. Right now my phone is rooted and running an AOSP rom, but the charging port recently stopped working, so I'm going to use my warranty to swap it. That said, I can't use a usb cable for my phone, so I can't flash back to stock using ODIN. Any ideas on how I can unroot and make my phone look like it's running stock without a usb cable?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Xpwnage123,
If your charger port is broken and you are rooted, you are in very deep problems, because not only will you not be able to unroot it, but you will not be able to charge the physical device or anything. You are probably going to pay a lot of unnecessary money for a new phone.

Sorry :(

Shaftamle

Inactive Recognized Themer

Thanks for your help.
You can unroot using the super su app. It has an option in there. Before you do that use triangle away to reset flash counter. As far as flashing back to stock, there is an option you could try. I don't know exactly how it works or if it will work for your particular situation but at least it's an option you could explore. The app is called mobile Odin. You can flash firmware on your phone through the app. You need root for this so check this app out before you unroot and reset the counter.
@mcbeat257
As far as charging the battery,
1)it obviously removable so you can charge with another s4 or a battery charging dock.
2)NFC charging pad

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/

Last edited:

Xpwnage123

May 12, 2011
You can unroot using the super su app. It has an option in there. Before you do that use triangle away to reset flash counter. As far as flashing back to stock, there is an option you could try. I don't know exactly how it works or if it will work for your particular situation but at least it's an option you could explore. The app is called mobile Odin. You can flash firmware on your phone through the app. You need root for this so check this app out before you unroot and reset the counter.
@mcbeat257
1)it obviously removable so you can charge with another s4 or a battery charging dock.
2)NFC charging pad

Thanks for the reply. I'll make sure to check those apps out. And no worries about the charging. I was lucky to have a battery charger come with my expanded battery, so I can just take care of it that way.

ckarrow2

Oct 27, 2009
Forest City, NC
You could replace the USB board.
http://phonepartsusa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2864&language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CIG97MnkrL4CFUYV7AodungAgQ
I just did a quick search. You may find a more well-known vendor to by from.

I realize you're trying to return it for warranty, but this may be the only way to get it back to stock. But if you repair it, you may not need to return it! Catch 22 here, huh?
There are vids on YouTube that will show you how to disassemble and install it. I think this repair is actually quite easy.

Good Luck!

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
@mcbeat257
2)NFC charging pad

QI charging pad* (with proper QI adapter)... you can only send data over NFC not charge ;)

Reactions: Shaftamle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @mcbeat257
    2)NFC charging pad

QI charging pad* (with proper QI adapter)... you can only send data over NFC not charge ;)