[SOLVED/GUIDE] ROOT & CM9 for Sumvsion Astro +, also MOMO9 and similar tablet devices

Search This thread

freshmeat

May 7, 2009
Chepstow, Wales
Sumvision (Allwinner) stock ROM

You need to install the momo compatibility and gapps zip files, but to do this you will need to plug in an external USB keyboard and / or mouse.

I successfully modded one for a friend with cm9 and accompanying gapps a few months back. Download link was somewhere on slatedroid. If you can't find it come back to me and I'll see if I can dig it up. Made it much more responsive. For CM10 you need to resize the partitions for most of these devices, which is an additional step, and why I stayed with cm9.

Search slatedroid.com for the following topic...

how-to-install-gapps-on-pretty-much-any-rooted-device

Hope that helps.

Hi
Any chance you could find that link for me, as I compared it to looking for a needle in a hay stack, many thanks

freshmeat

May 7, 2009
Chepstow, Wales
Thank god, I have finally done it! My Sumvision Astro is now rooted and has CM9 running!

Other similar tablets are also supported, i.e MOMO9, read on to step 3 and look at second url for cm9 patched devices!

GUIDE:

1) Download and use sausage mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i62w0lws6c73gq0

Use option 5!

If you get stuck read through Sausages info:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/29916-scriptmod-for-allwinner-a1x-platforms/

2) To Enter CWM from powered down state, hold Volume Down & Menu and then press power button for 5 seconds and release it keeping both Vol Down and Menu held down, then when the screen back light comes on release Vol Down, then two seconds later release Menu, you will now enter CWM!

3) Grab latest Rom & Device Specific patch from here, in this case we want MOMO9, but there is also support for other devices as well!

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/roms/

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/misc/1.2.x/

4) Install CM9 first, then momo9 patch, reboot, all done!

5) You can now boot into your rooted device with CM9, and in future you can select reboot from te power menu with direct reboot to CWM :)

Enjoy!

Do you know if there is a patch for a Cyclone Astro+ 9.7 running ARM Cortex A8 , I have tried all the patches in the list from your link but none of them work. I installed the latest ROM, patch didn't work now the TAB is stuck on the splash screen. I take it then if I can find a patch all will work? Cheers

freshmeat

May 7, 2009
Chepstow, Wales
Do you know if there is a patch for a Cyclone Astro+ 9.7 running ARM Cortex A8 , I have tried all the patches in the list from your link but none of them work. I installed the latest ROM, patch didn't work now the TAB is stuck on the splash screen. I take it then if I can find a patch all will work? Cheers

I have finally reinstalled the Stock ROM using Livesuite, now just need the patch for the above TAB, anyone have any ideas??

Geeba

Nov 12, 2008
I have finally reinstalled the Stock ROM using Livesuite, now just need the patch for the above TAB, anyone have any ideas??

I'm really going mad, I ran number 5 on sausagemod and I've flashed the CM9_nightly_20120721.zip but the mom9_compatability_1.2.0.zip refuses to flash... downloaded it 3 times and it says E:signature verification failed - installation aborted...

So when the tablet boots the screen doesn't work...

It doesnt appear to have CWM installed correctly it seems to be the standard 'Android system recovery <3e>' whatever that is running.... I tried coping the files from CWM recovery to the SD card... but it reboots back into the standard recovery...

Livesuite is a world of nastiness and I cant get it to go back to the original ROM....

anyone got any ideas? pointers really appreciated...:confused:

Geeba

Nov 12, 2008
I think its game over.... the gapps wont flash... so I have no play store... CWM recovery wont install, when I finally got to the terminal and did the:-

$ su
# cd /mnt/sdext
# sh install-recovery.sh
# sh reboot-recovery.sh

It says ... no /sdcard/recovery.img

which I dont understand as I changed the directory to the external SD card....

It will only work with an external keyboard/mouse so I can activate USB storage mode when I connect it to my PC... so I cant copy any files to the internal storage...

Is this bin fodder?

Is the original ROM available as a .zip I could flash from standard android recovery?

Last edited:

freshmeat

May 7, 2009
Chepstow, Wales
Standard ROM

I have just a s much problems modding this Tablet, but decided to put it back to standard.

In the end I used livesuite to flash the standard ROM taken from the Sumvision website.

All works, but the CWM doesn't work as I've been told its the wrong version for this tablet as the volume button wouldn't work also the sd card wouldn't mount so I couldn't use that.

So for now It's back to standard but am still looking for a Modified ROM to make it run quicker, any offers?

Thanks to all

freshmeat

Top Liked Posts