Custom Stock ROM created!

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well my first stock custom rom has been created. I'll test it for the next day but in esence it is

Based from Asus Stock 10.26.1.18 WW JB 4.3
Apps and Framework Deodexed
Stock Kernel with adb, root, busybox and insecure support
SuperUser, binary and script for 4.3+
Asus Dial Home apps removed
Titanium Backup, ES File Explorer and Androind Terminal added as system apps.

Will release tomorrow which then paves the way for CROMi-X 6.0 - fully customised + tweaked ROM :)

Tasty :)

NjNasD8.jpg

QNNUbeH.jpg

You must be unlocked, on the latest bootloader and have CWM 6.0.4.6 installed first - I'll inlcude a guide ;)

Now for sleep! :cool:

Last edited:

jan.stanicek

Aug 20, 2010
Great news!!!

Excellent ! I am looking forward for installation during weekend.

If I would humbely vote for first ported function - most wanted one is possibility to move bottom "back, home, and swith" button to lef side of screen. Default middle position is the most anoyng feature of the latest Android versions.

-Jan

turbinea

Mar 3, 2012
this is so awesome! thanks!!!

If I would humbely vote for first ported function - most wanted one is possibility to move bottom "back, home, and swith" button to lef side of screen. Default middle position is the most anoyng feature of the latest Android versions.

-Jan

+10000 to this.

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Uploading now :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604413

Noe this is a basic stock rom - so basically zipaligned, modified kernel to allow root and adb, superuser and all apps updated to latest versions in /system. It has init.d support for runnning startup shell scripts and also busy box is installed.

A more tweaked and modded rom will be released under the CROMi-X banner later ;)

Enjoy! :good:

Reactions: AngryDinosaur

Alta1r

-Jan

I removed the bottom bar all together and use gestures for back, home and recent apps. Makes your screen bigger as well. All done with two apps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jan.stanicek

Aug 20, 2010
Little Feedback

Hello.

As I am too junijor to respond in developer section, I would give sdbags little feedback here.

I have installed your ROM very smoothly, however i had mention one minor issue - Titanium backup wasnt able to recognize my pro license.

I have sorted it out by removing titanium backup app file from /system/app folder and i have installed it again. Now it looks fine.

-Jan

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello.

As I am too junijor to respond in developer section, I would give sdbags little feedback here.

I have installed your ROM very smoothly, however i had mention one minor issue - Titanium backup wasnt able to recognize my pro license.

I have sorted it out by removing titanium backup app file from /system/app folder and i have installed it again. Now it looks fine.

-Jan

Ah OK - thanks for the feedback - I'll move it to a data/app for next time. ;) I have just finished the first build of CROMi-X 6.0b1 and have already put it as a data app in there. I couldn't remember why it had to be in /data and now I know :good:

Alta1r

please share that with us in the rom thread, i like to do that as well

You need 2 apps for this: gmd gesture control to create the gestures and from the same developper gmd auto hide softkeys to hide the bottom bar only.
For both there's a free version so you can try before you buy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontroldemo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeysp

Both apps require root.

I use custom gestures:
-swiping down with 4 fingers is back
-swiping with 4 fingers show the recent apps
- pinch 4 fingers brings me back to the home screen
- expand 4 fingers toggles between my current view and full screen (no bars at all on top or bottom)
- swiping with 4 fingers left or right takes me to the prevoius or next app

If you use it and use the Asus Task Manager as well, make sure you lock these services so they won't be closed by it.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
You need 2 apps for this: gmd gesture control to create the gestures and from the same developper gmd auto hide softkeys to hide the bottom bar only.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontroldemo

Both apps require root.

I use custom gestures:
- expand 4 fingers toggles between my current view and full screen (no bars at all on top or bottom)

If you use it and use the Asus Task Manager as well, make sure you lock these services so they won't be closed by it.

Thanks man i will try it out and i can run the tablet at full 1920x1200p :good:

zaelin

Feb 14, 2011
Just going to post in here, running sdbags modified rom seems to be giving me better battery life.

I take this tab with me to work and use it during my downtime quite regularly, and normally by the end of my shift my dock battery is fully drained and I'm down to about 20% battery at best. Fairly slow day today, heavy usage, some PSP emulation, I'm sitting at a cool 60% as of this moment. (dock battery 0%)

I haven't bothered looking at the battery stats, so anecdotal at best, but for anyone having battery issues it may be worth the ten minutes it takes to download and flash this.

Looking forward to the Cromi releases, I was rocking that on my TF300 with rom2sd as my primary driver till I got this.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just going to post in here, running sdbags modified rom seems to be giving me better battery life.

I take this tab with me to work and use it during my downtime quite regularly, and normally by the end of my shift my dock battery is fully drained and I'm down to about 20% battery at best. Fairly slow day today, heavy usage, some PSP emulation, I'm sitting at a cool 60% as of this moment. (dock battery 0%)

I haven't bothered looking at the battery stats, so anecdotal at best, but for anyone having battery issues it may be worth the ten minutes it takes to download and flash this.

Looking forward to the Cromi releases, I was rocking that on my TF300 with rom2sd as my primary driver till I got this.

Wait til you see the new CROMi-X - you won't go back to stock ;)

Reactions: scarmona

zaelin

Feb 14, 2011
Wait til you see the new CROMi-X - you won't go back to stock ;)

Oh trust me, once your ROM is released the only time I'm touching a stock rom with a twenty foot pole is if the bootloader changes and I have no choice. (ie: TWRP 2.4.4.0 to 2.5+ on the TF300)

Even then, I'm going to feel dirty and scrub myself.

Reactions: sbdags

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well my first stock custom rom has been created. I'll test it for the next day but in esence it is

Based from Asus Stock 10.26.1.18 WW JB 4.3
    Apps and Framework Deodexed
    Stock Kernel with adb, root, busybox and insecure support
    SuperUser, binary and script for 4.3+
    Asus Dial Home apps removed
    Titanium Backup, ES File Explorer and Androind Terminal added as system apps.

Will release tomorrow which then paves the way for CROMi-X 6.0 - fully customised + tweaked ROM :)

Tasty :)

NjNasD8.jpg

QNNUbeH.jpg

You must be unlocked, on the latest bootloader and have CWM 6.0.4.6 installed first - I'll inlcude a guide ;)

Now for sleep! :cool:
    Little Feedback

Hello.

-Jan
    Hello.

-Jan

Ah OK - thanks for the feedback - I'll move it to a data/app for next time. ;) I have just finished the first build of CROMi-X 6.0b1 and have already put it as a data app in there. I couldn't remember why it had to be in /data and now I know :good:
    please share that with us in the rom thread, i like to do that as well

Both apps require root.

I use custom gestures:

Uploading now :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2604413

Noe this is a basic stock rom - so basically zipaligned, modified kernel to allow root and adb, superuser and all apps updated to latest versions in /system. It has init.d support for runnning startup shell scripts and also busy box is installed.

A more tweaked and modded rom will be released under the CROMi-X banner later ;)

Enjoy! :good: