PixelROM for the N5110

Search This thread

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
Hey everyone I recently discovered a new AOSP ROM while I was browsing Google+ and the development team was taking requests for new devices so I made a request for the Wi-Fi variant of the Galaxy Note 8. They delivered the first build within 24 hours of requesting and I have to say this is very smooth. I have not experienced any major bugs, the only problem I have experienced was with Google Sound Search. I'm sure I could just remove it from the system and download from Google Play and it will work just fine.

I do not take any credit for this at all. I am not a developer. I am simply sharing this amazing ROM with the community because there has not been an official thread created by the developer here on XDA. Moderators feel free to remove this thread when the developer is ready to create and maintain a thread for this device.

Here is the PixelROM website, check it out and see for yourself.
http://www.pixelrom.tk/

The ROM can be found here.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelrom/files/n5110/weekly/

Googleapps can be found here. Just pick a mirror.
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Neither I nor the developers at PixelROM are responsible for anything you decide to do with your device. You take full responsibility for making the decision to install this firmware. If you brick your device due to the lack of the ability to follow simple instructions I will laugh at you. If your alarm clock fails to wake you up after installing this and you are late to work, you are at fault for relying on a tablet as your alarm clock.

I highly recommend using Titanium Backup to make a backup of all of your user apps that you would like to restore after finishing the installation of PixelROM.

Installation instructions are as follows.

1. Reboot to recovery. (PhilZ CWM recovery works for this)
2. Make a backup of your current setup.
3. Wipe everything including system, preload, data, cache, etc.
4. Install PixelROM from the location in which it was stored.
5. Install KitKat gapps which should be in the same location.
6. Reboot and profit.

Connect to Wi-Fi, sign into Google, and complete the setup wizard. I personally do not choose to restore Google apps during the wizard because I use Titanium Backup. Now you should open the Play Store and let it do it's thing and once it is ready to be used you can search for Titanium Backup and install it. If you are like me, you may want to eventually purchase the Pro license key because it makes things much better all around.

Credits are as follows.
PixelROM team for their efforts and bringing this to our device.
CyanogenMod for providing the base this is built on.
Sbrissen for his device tree which gave us official CM support.
And probably many many more.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

k9time

May 10, 2012
CM 11 for gapps??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

k9time

May 10, 2012
Yeah it says KK.. Thanks

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Thanks this is a great rom. Only bug I've come across is 'quick settings style ' FC. To notch otherwise.

Mattix724

Sep 26, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
OnePlus 8
We'll have to see how development of this project goes, they say it gets weekly updates instead of nightlies. So I say give the team some time to squash any bugs associated with the ROM itself.

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Truth. Only other issue I'm seeing is spen precision near edges ...could be a deal breaker but I'm very happy with everything else.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Thank you for the heads up. I tried it out and it is a solid rom, just a little plain for me. It is really quick though.

Update: I flashed the latest update to this rom to see if they added any customizable features in yet and it is still basically the same. If you are looking for a clean, no frills back to base android rom than this is it. From what i read on their site they have a really good support team to. It just is not my cup of tea, so to speak.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone I recently discovered a new AOSP ROM while I was browsing Google+ and the development team was taking requests for new devices so I made a request for the Wi-Fi variant of the Galaxy Note 8. They delivered the first build within 24 hours of requesting and I have to say this is very smooth. I have not experienced any major bugs, the only problem I have experienced was with Google Sound Search. I'm sure I could just remove it from the system and download from Google Play and it will work just fine.

I do not take any credit for this at all. I am not a developer. I am simply sharing this amazing ROM with the community because there has not been an official thread created by the developer here on XDA. Moderators feel free to remove this thread when the developer is ready to create and maintain a thread for this device.

Here is the PixelROM website, check it out and see for yourself.
    http://www.pixelrom.tk/

The ROM can be found here.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelrom/files/n5110/weekly/

Googleapps can be found here. Just pick a mirror.
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

Neither I nor the developers at PixelROM are responsible for anything you decide to do with your device. You take full responsibility for making the decision to install this firmware. If you brick your device due to the lack of the ability to follow simple instructions I will laugh at you. If your alarm clock fails to wake you up after installing this and you are late to work, you are at fault for relying on a tablet as your alarm clock.

I highly recommend using Titanium Backup to make a backup of all of your user apps that you would like to restore after finishing the installation of PixelROM.

Installation instructions are as follows.

1. Reboot to recovery. (PhilZ CWM recovery works for this)
    2. Make a backup of your current setup.
    3. Wipe everything including system, preload, data, cache, etc.
    4. Install PixelROM from the location in which it was stored.
    5. Install KitKat gapps which should be in the same location.
    6. Reboot and profit.

Connect to Wi-Fi, sign into Google, and complete the setup wizard. I personally do not choose to restore Google apps during the wizard because I use Titanium Backup. Now you should open the Play Store and let it do it's thing and once it is ready to be used you can search for Titanium Backup and install it. If you are like me, you may want to eventually purchase the Pro license key because it makes things much better all around.

Credits are as follows.
    PixelROM team for their efforts and bringing this to our device.
    CyanogenMod for providing the base this is built on.
    Sbrissen for his device tree which gave us official CM support.
    And probably many many more.

CM 11 for gapps??

Yes. I believe it's the 83.1Mb package. Should be the only Kit Kat gapps available. As long as it's for 4.4.2 it will work.

Downloads can be found here... http://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelrom/files/