[kernel module/beta] OPPtimizer Projekt - OMAP4 Overclocking

Search This thread

Goncezilla

May 1, 2010
Washington DC
I hope the project's going well! Took a look at the rootzwiki site and saw how it was going for the other devices...Just wondering if it's still happening for the Nook Tablet, since CM7 is right around the corner...

Using this method, the CM7 team currently has test builds overclocked to 1.2 GHz and have taken it up to 1.25 Ghz without much issue, although the tablet did start to get warm at the higher speed. Anything much above 1.25 Ghz (tried it up to 1.3Ghz) gets unstable and you start to get FCs and random reboots. The extra 200 Hz is pretty nice though ;)

We are planning to release an update that will enable OC for everyone using CM7 soon.

blazednova

Mar 13, 2011
Using this method, the CM7 team currently has test builds overclocked to 1.2 GHz and have taken it up to 1.25 Ghz without much issue, although the tablet did start to get warm at the higher speed. Anything much above 1.25 Ghz (tried it up to 1.3Ghz) gets unstable and you start to get FCs and random reboots. The extra 200 Hz is pretty nice though ;)

We are planning to release an update that will enable OC for everyone using CM7 soon.

hey guys i came across this thread at team bamf forums, discussing overclocking limits of the galaxy nexus, and since the NT has the same processor i was wandering if their results could transfer over to us. here's what caught my attention

"Not sure how this is possible seeing that 1.42 would freeze up within 5 mins.. Im running 1.65 lightning fast and smooth for 20 mins now no problem.. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk"

neoage

Apr 10, 2011
Miami
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
hey guys i came across this thread at team bamf forums, discussing overclocking limits of the galaxy nexus, and since the NT has the same processor i was wandering if their results could transfer over to us. here's what caught my attention

"Not sure how this is possible seeing that 1.42 would freeze up within 5 mins.. Im running 1.65 lightning fast and smooth for 20 mins now no problem.. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk"

That's interesting...It'd be awesome to get it up that far...it's a nice touch, but a little unnecessary at the moment...If the Tablet were to somehow get to that speed, it'd be an amazing device for the price(and those brave enough to root it).

That's good to hear! I'm glad it's making progress! The extra 200 Hz does help in the long run...though that aforementioned post does sound very interesting!

adambomb_13

Jul 17, 2007
Yea I jlhad the same issue as codygs83

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hope the project's going well! Took a look at the rootzwiki site and saw how it was going for the other devices...Just wondering if it's still happening for the Nook Tablet, since CM7 is right around the corner...

Just wanted to let you guys know I got some kernel modules up for testing. These are unverified on nook tablet. So far reports are that "0.1 modules" with top frequency manipulation only work pretty flawlessly on devices tested. "0.2 modules" with top frequency and voltage manipulation, seem to work on Motorola Droid RAZR & Droid 3. Motorola Bionic & Atrix 2 don't like voltage manipulation at this point. I need beta testers.

opptimizer.googlecode.com

More info can be found and the original thread on RootzWiki:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14511-op...g-kernel-modulesofficial-thread/page__st__200
    You need init.d to run at startup. There is a thread on how to get init.d scripts working here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390093

You don't need all the build.prop stuff to overclock, just the init.d support at the top.

I have a post on where the file should be put, and what it should look like here:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14511-op...g-kernel-modulesofficial-thread/page__st__190

The init script was created by frostincredible for running at boot on Motorola Droid Bionic. His thread is here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14698-in...or-tekahunas-omap4-overclock-modules-1-10-12/
    Any idea on how to make if persistent? All is lost on reboot, however works well with setcpu. No noticeable battery drain or heat in beta 0.2 with 1200000000 1388000. Linpsck 57, Antutu 5390. Excellent discovery! Anything. Above 1200mhz is not stable and may crash. I had one crash the tablet froze; held down the power button 10 seconds to power off and then reboot.
    Using the last link in your post, here is what I found to have the Nook Tablet boot persistently into the desired overclocking speed.

1. Extract the init.d folder from the init scripts created by frostincredible and using ES File Explorer, copy to /system/etc directory
    2. Download tekahuna version 1.0 files, (symsearch.ko and opptimizer.ko) and extract and copy them to /system/lib/modules directory. Create the modules directory if it does not exist.
    3. Reboot and use Rom Tool or Setcpu for your desired CPU speed. I'm using 1.2GHZ on the Nook Tablet. I did try to flash the files using CWM, however the system partition identified in the zip file is not correct for the Nook Tablet.

4. I thank everyone involved for their work on this as this mod really perks up the Nook Tablet. See my previous post above on the new benchmarks at 1.2GHZ.

UPDATE I broke the persistence and caught He** trying to figure out what I did wrong. A step not mentioned above requires you to edit clrbootcount.sh located in /system/bin. You must add the init.d code below to end of the code in the file. From that point forward the tablet will boot at the script speed you have placed in /system/etc/init.d. I do not recommend anything above 1200. Set permissions on clrbootcount.sh to rwxrwxrwx. You can shrink the permissions once you get it running.

bb=/system/xbin/busybox
    if [ -f $bb ]; then
    /system/bin/logwrapper $bb run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    else
    for i in $(ls /system/etc/init.d/*); do
    sh $1
    done
    fi