[ROM][CDMA] ZoneDNA - 06.09.13 - v.2.06.605.1_710RD - Verizon Only

Search This thread

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
So I have been working on the 2.06 update here is the question: I've been trying to keep the ROM ODEX because I think its better. Having said that I haven't been able to remove the GPS icon, Remove on going WiFI, or MOD the display gestures & buttons YET. The main reason is I can't get baksmali to decompile the odex. I'm sure its user error. SO do you guys still want the update even with those issues?

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
So I have been working on the 2.06 update here is the question: I've been trying to keep the ROM ODEX because I think its better. Having said that I haven't been able to remove the GPS icon, Remove on going WiFI, or MOD the display gestures & buttons YET. The main reason is I can't get baksmali to decompile the odex. I'm sure its user error. SO do you guys still want the update even with those issues?

Just edit the gps.jpg to 1x1 size. Quick easy fix!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zone23

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I have some bad news for those of you who use my ROMs.

I have decided that since Verizon has locked down the DNA and most likely all of their future handsets (S4) that I will most likely be switching carriers this fall. Where will I go? Probably Sprint. Please don't make this a discussion about carrier service. I just wanted to let you know that all development from me is stopping and I'm selling my DNA. Sorry guys but Verizon's policy is BS and I'm not going to jump through loops to ROOT a device when I can do it with a few clicks on other carriers. Verizon doesn't want me so I don't want them. I haven't set this is stone yet but I want anyone using my ROMs to know what happened to Zone..

Reactions: mike_augie

mike_augie

Apr 25, 2012

I have decided that since Verizon has locked down the DNA and most likely all of their future handsets (S4) that I will most likely be switching carriers this fall. Where will I go? Probably Sprint. Please don't make this a discussion about carrier service. I just wanted to let you know that all development from me is stopping and I'm selling my DNA. Sorry guys but Verizon's policy is BS and I'm not going to jump through loops to ROOT a device when I can do it with a few clicks on other carriers. Verizon doesn't want me so I don't want them. I haven't set this is stone yet but I want anyone using my ROMs to know what happened to Zone..

Totally understand but still hate to lose a good developer like you .. maybe that stone will turn over and u will stay ... :)

wdarea51

Nov 21, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Please stay :)

Damn, I totally understand, as I have been with verizon and this is my third Droid device after the OG Droid and the Bionic... The thing is that Verizon has undoubtedly the best service coverage and the best LTE coverage as well. So, not wanting to lose that I just get phones that I can root/unlock etc. and don't upgrade for a long time. Currently nothing beats the DNA on verizon and as far as customize-ability goes probably will not be beat for some time (if you are currently unlocked and s-off)... But this is ok because the DNA was revolutionary and most phones coming out thus far are just evolutionary (DNA being first 1080 screen, quad core, etc. etc.)

So if you decide to stay I would just wait for the next phone that is confirmed to be cracked and able to be fully unlocked/s-off etc. because even though verizon does not make it possible officially and with an easy method does not mean that we should abandon trying to crack them altogether, because once their cracked, its the same thing that sprint and t-mobile have with their unlocked stuff. Also I know this is just wishful thinking but if we keep fighting the good fight long enough and continue to crack all of their phones maybe eventually they will wise up and just give up.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Damn, I totally understand, as I have been with verizon and this is my third Droid device after the OG Droid and the Bionic... The thing is that Verizon has undoubtedly the best service coverage and the best LTE coverage as well. So, not wanting to lose that I just get phones that I can root/unlock etc. and don't upgrade for a long time. Currently nothing beats the DNA on verizon and as far as customize-ability goes probably will not be beat for some time (if you are currently unlocked and s-off)... But this is ok because the DNA was revolutionary and most phones coming out thus far are just evolutionary (DNA being first 1080 screen, quad core, etc. etc.)

So if you decide to stay I would just wait for the next phone that is confirmed to be cracked and able to be fully unlocked/s-off etc. because even though verizon does not make it possible officially and with an easy method does not mean that we should abandon trying to crack them altogether, because once their cracked, its the same thing that sprint and t-mobile have with their unlocked stuff. Also I know this is just wishful thinking but if we keep fighting the good fight long enough and continue to crack all of their phones maybe eventually they will wise up and just give up.

Honestly we shouldn't have to jump through hoops. HTC created HTCDEV.com for people like us now the phone carriers AT&T and Verizon are standing in our way. Look at the DNA its been months since Verizon locked us out and no one has found an exploit yet (and I say yet). Its only going to get harder and harder to ROOT these devices. Look at Motorola devices until recently it was impossible. Its great that my phone is S-Off and all but I like to do ROMs for others not really myself. I'm guessing down the road the Nexus is going to be the only answer. I think Virus had a DNA and couldn't make ROMs because its locked, what if I broke mine? Then I'm done too.. I can go to Sprint and unlock just like I should be able to with HTC.

Its true Verizons network is awesome but I'm paying for awesome too. TBO I'm rarely on LTE and even if I am I got to watch it like a hawk because I only get 6GB of data. My daughter could suck that up in one night watching movies. Feels like Verizon is screwing me every chance they get. Do I want to leave no and I'm not leaving today just making a point. Not crying not being a little bltch, just pointing it out.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
The US Supreme Court has already addressed this issue once. I think that it's time to address it again.

I thought that was carrier unlocking? Is that what you are referring to or is this something else I haven't heard about?
@zone23 I thought cubed doesn't work on 2.04 or 2.06? Obviously it works fine with your ROM, did you do something special to make it work?

Sent from my ViperDNA using Tapatalk 2

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I thought that was carrier unlocking? Is that what you are referring to or is this something else I haven't heard about?
@zone23 I thought cubed doesn't work on 2.04 or 2.06? Obviously it works fine with your ROM, did you do something special to make it work?

I think he is referring to carrier unlocking which of course is different then unlocking the device like I want it.

I didn't do anything special in the way of kernels. I was going to add a kernel but beastmode requires replacing the zimage which isn't a problem but just doesn't seem to work right when I do that. So stock it is for now. Hope the ROMs working OK for you guys. I did notice that the Software Update button is still in the settings, I may go back in and remove that.

As always Enjoy!

CharliesTheMan

Hey zone, just wanted to say thank you for this Rom. You always cover that gap between stock and wildly customized and in my opinion, your Rom is exactly the kind of rom that brings users to our community who probably wouldn't flash a Rom of it was only wild custom stuff with features missing that was available. It gives all the benefits of a fully working Rom, plus increased performance, along with some of the prettiest theming to ever hit sense.

So thanks bro ill be flashing it soon.

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Hey zone, just wanted to say thank you for this Rom. You always cover that gap between stock and wildly customized and in my opinion, your Rom is exactly the kind of rom that brings users to our community who probably wouldn't flash a Rom of it was only wild custom stuff with features missing that was available. It gives all the benefits of a fully working Rom, plus increased performance, along with some of the prettiest theming to ever hit sense.

So thanks bro ill be flashing it soon.

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

Reactions: Riff76

cpc28655

Feb 4, 2008
Morganton, NC

You're right, the previous case was about carrier unlocking. I'm saying they need to expand on that ruling. We should have the right to do what we want to a phone we are paying for.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
You're right, the previous case was about carrier unlocking. I'm saying they need to expand on that ruling. We should have the right to do what we want to a phone we are paying for.

I'm with you on that... Well, obviously. I think all of us are. This is the reason Apple wasn't able to make jailbreaking illegal. I don't think expanding on the ruling is totally out of the question though. Perhaps we should start a petition.

CharliesTheMan

The time for peaceful petitions of protest has come and gone. I stand here before you and I say that this is a call to action. This is a blatant disregard for the civil nerd rights of any true hardcore Android geek. I say we bring in Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, the ACLU, hell the IOU and Hulu if need be. Its time to occupy the carriers!

sent from my ATM machine I bought Saturday like a boss

Reactions: Riff76

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
So I fixed the boot down animation sorry about that... not posted yet though.. next update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ZoneDNA

Flash at Your Own Risk!

Sense 4+ ROM

Base ROM by:
    MicroMod777
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2237664

So I made something a little different...

ODEX

Removed most of Verizon's stuff (kept messaging and hotspot)

Removed some of HTC widgets mostly the smaller 1x1 power widgets

Unsecured the Kernel so you can now push files to /system

Only stock wallpapers (removed Verizon Wallpaper)

Removed Verizon Ringtones (Driod)

Removed all skins

Stock HTC boot animation

Added recent apps mod
    Thanks nitsuj17

Removed ongoing WiFi notification
    Thanks nitsuj17
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41484378&postcount=40

Added Blue 1% battery
    Thanks v-b-n
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197676

Removed a lot of extra code from the default configuration files

Lots of little tweaks just as an example I set the weather audio to On by default.

Removed Automatic Updates

Change Log

Added FriendStream Widget

Added Transparent Theme (Set as Default)
    by MicroMod777
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100359

Added HTC Taskmanager

Removed GPS Icon
    Not too keen on the method but it works for now..
    (Not using this method ATM)
    Thanks dhemke17
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39832774&postcount=3

Updated included Apps

preview00.jpg

preview01.jpg

preview02.jpg

HERE

OK boys and girls updated ROM is up... I just went ahead and de-odexed it problem solved.. Sorry it took so long...
    Here is the list of what I've been working on:

Added Camera Mod

Added Blue NFC Task Launcher

Added Blue Evernote

Added Blue Airdroid

Added Blue XDA App

Added JB recent apps

Removed Stock Bookmarks

Adjusted "Phone" Icon Size (thought it looked too big)

Adjusted Google+ Icon Color (thought it was too dark)

Made Google Maps "Local" Icon Blue

Made "Twitter" Icon Slightly Darker Blue so its a closer match to my other Icons

Changed "HTC Calendar" Icon to Google Calendar Icon (I like it better)
    I just five starred this rom back, no clue who put it down to four! We should all be thankful and grateful for every rom we get!