Strange bluetooth issue

Search This thread

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
My AT&T GS5 will connect to my car's Sync system fine, but when I play music or audio, nothing happens. I have verified with Spotify and Stitcher. This only happens once in a while, but when it does, a full reboot will not resolve it. To be clear, the track plays (progresses in the status bar) but no audio is output. Anyone have this issue?

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
I stream music through bluetooth devices all the time. Not once have I had this issue. Maybe try turning the volume all the way down then back up? Seems like they have some bad S 5's out there but not all of them.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
So I got a new S5, and am having the same issue. Maybe it is a problem with my car? Rebooting the phone will allow it to connect, but music won't play still. Will have to take the car in.

cjranucci

Nov 7, 2007
Dallas, TX
Though one thing leading me to believe that there is an issue with the phone is I try to turn bluetooth off and back on to connect to the car. When I do this, bluetooth turns off, but will not toggle back on without a reboot. That is definitely an issue with the phone, no?