LectureNotes app

Search This thread

kisrita

@acadoid: Is there any capability to bookmark pages within LectureNotes notebooks? Some of my notebooks are hundreds of pages long and it'd be really useful to be able to define and quickly navigate to pages that I've identified as the most important. Thanks as always for your fantastic application and for being such a responsive developer!

BTW, I noticed one of your reviewers on Google Play mention that device rooting is required to cloud synch LectureNotes notebooks via a 3rd party app. Thats not true. I use an application called FolderSync on my unrooted Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 to do a nightly incremental cloud backup of my notebook files (~30gb at this point) and it works great. Just thought I'd mention that here in case anyone else had the same misconception.

Wingsandfloats - would you mind doing a step by step guide on how to do a back up without rooting? I have been having trouble doing this since my Note 8 was upgraded to KitKat and lost the ability to save to my SD card. I know it's possible to use that SD card, but I just haven't been able to figure out how. Note I also have the Note 10 (2014), so your description on how to back up would be a great help! I am unable to root since I also use the tablet for work, and they don't allow rooted devices.
Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Apr 28, 2014
@kisrita I'd be happy to write up a step-by-step, but I'm studying for medical school board exams I'm taking at the end of this month, so it may need to wait until early September. The basic gist is that your "Storage->App directory setup" should be set to a sub folder of /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes. Mine is set to /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes/my_data/AppStorage. I then setup a folder pair within the FolderSync app with the local folder set to the LectureNotes app directory (e.g. /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes/my_data/AppStorage) and the remote folder to a DropBox folder I created. With the KitKat SD card restrictions, FolderSync can't write to, but can read from the /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.acadoid.lecturenotes directory, so all is good for backup purposes. Once I have more time in September, I'll put together a step-by-step guide. In the meantime, I hope this helps.

Reactions: acadoid and kisrita

pgibby081965

Apr 21, 2009
Export to Evernote - Tags

Hi. One of the things I love about Lecture Notes is the ability to export to Evernote. One problem I have tho' is adding tags during the export process.

I select to export to Evernote.

The green elephant circle appears at the bottom of my screen.

I tap on this to select the Evernote notebook I want it exported to.

I then select some other tags from my dropdown list.

Click on the elephant to complete the export.

When I check in Evernote the note is exported to the correct book but the additional tags aren't added - any ideas?

Thanks!

pgibby081965

Apr 21, 2009
Ok, Thanks for that. I can see where you mean. How do I get it then to add the selected tags for each individual note? E.g, when I export, the magic elephant appears & then I can select the notebook to export it to and also select any additional tags - i.e tags that already exist in Evernote.

Thanks

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@pgibby081965: The option in LectureNotes controls which tags are included into the data that is handed over to the Evernote app (the `magic elephant,´ as you call it) via the `TAG_NAME_LIST´ extra field in the `com.evernote.action.CREATE_NEW_NOTE´ intent (cf. https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/android_intents.php). What the Evernote app does with this data is decided by the Evernote app based on the options you choose therein. I do not use any cloud services myself, so that I cannot help any further with your question, I am sorry.

vgergo

Hi @acadoid,,,
I haven't suggested anything for a long while now. I have been using (and recommending) LN all this time, but now I have another wish, which I think would be popular with other users.

Several years ago I was the one to ask you to disable the BACK key. Thank you for implementing it then.

May I ask another option for the BACK key? Could you add an option, so pressing the BACK key would UNDO the last action?

The reason I ask for this, is that on the small screen of my Note 4, I generally like to keep the Action bar closed, being able to access most of the commands from the Pencil box is very very convenient. The big advantage of the pencil box is that it can be folded very quickly, as opposed to the Action bar, which can only be folded using the menu item "Hide actionbar".

The most common thing I need to go to the Action bar for, is UNDO. Losing just the last stroke if I accidentally press the BACK key would worth the convenience of having a one-tap UNDO key.

Alternative suggestions:
  • how about toggling the action bar using the BACK key?
  • how about adding UNDO / REDO to the Pencil Box?
  • how about toggling the Pencil box with the BACK key (then the arrow would not even need to show on the screen).

I hope these make sense to you too. I hope it's not the case (as some other time before) that I am knocking on open doors, and these have been implemented already...

Thanks, you are the best!

Last edited:

rainpaw

Oct 10, 2015
Hi, I am wondering how to delete multiple pages in a notebook at once.
Also, how to move multiple pages at once to another notebook, similar to as in S note. In LectureNotes, having to duplicate the whole notebook, then individually delete the not needed copy pages takes up a long time. I think this feature should be around, but I can't find it!

Thanks!

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@rainpaw: This can be done in notebook overview.

1. Tag the pages you wish to delete and select `delete tagged pages´ in the `trash´ menu.

2. Tag the pages you wish to copy to another notebook and select `copy tagged pages to clipboard´ or `copy tagged pages to notebook´ in the main menu.

Reactions: toenail_flicker

kekinash

Nov 23, 2010
Sunny South Texas
Thank you!

Thanks for this wonderful app, I saw it mentioned in a user comment at zenpad.org, installed the trial, played with it for about 10 minutes and bought it after that. So many settings can be frightening at the beginning but so useful for control perfectly the application. Using it with my ZenPad Z580CA and the Z-Stylus, works great. I was looking for this kind of app long time.
Nice job! :good::good::good:

Zivarzi

Jan 25, 2014
Hey @acadoid, I upgraded my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition to lollipop 5.1.1. since then lecturenotes often freezes on startup and only rebooting is solving this problem, i'm running lecturenotes 2.6.16

Thank you.

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@Zivarzi: Are you using the stock ROM or a custom ROM?

If only a reboot solves the problem, it is very unlikely that it is caused by LectureNotes. (app crashes are caught by Android and do not require a reboot).

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@Zivarzi: I should have been more specific (changes in italic): If only a reboot solves the problem, it is very unlikely that it is caused by LectureNotes. (app crashes and app freezes are caught by Android and do not require a reboot).

What happens if you press any of the buttons at the display bottom?

Zivarzi

Jan 25, 2014
@Zivarzi: I should have been more specific (changes in italic): If only a reboot solves the problem, it is very unlikely that it is caused by LectureNotes. (app crashes and app freezes are caught by Android and do not require a reboot).

What happens if you press any of the buttons at the display bottom?

Nothing, exept long press on the home button will open the running apps window

acadoid

Apr 29, 2012
www.acadoid.com
@Zivarzi: Sounds as if the freeze occurs in Android (the buttons are handled by an Android system service). Maybe something went wrong during the system update.

A look into the system logs could shed some light on the issue. Do you know how to do that (adb etc.)?

I occasionally receive reports of weird behavior after an Android system update. For instance, Android performs some `optimization´ of apps (whatever that means) during the first boot, and it seems that this occasionally damages app's APK files. In such case, deinstalling and reinstalling the affected app solves the issue. Android routinely removes all app data when uninstalling an app; in case of uninstalling LectureNotes, Android removes your notebooks, so backup your notebooks prior to uninstalling LectureNotes!

I also read reports in which an Android update messed up the device so much that only a factory reset helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @DiJu519 and all others that have requested PDF import: I just uploaded v1.15 into Google Play which allows for PDF import via a helper app, PDFView, which you need to install aside of LectureNotes and which LectureNotes uses for PDF rendering.

PDFView is based on the excellent MuPDF library. It is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. At the moment, the app is only used by LectureNotes for PDF rendering, but all other Android developers are invited to include an interface to PDFView into their apps and use PDFView for PDF rendering. Details of the interface can be found in the source of PDFView available at http://www.acadoid.com/src/pdfview.tgz.
    @DiJu519: The app allows to import all pages of a PDF file at once. To do that, open your notebook in notebook overview (either by long-clicking on the notebook on the notebooks board and choosing `Notebook overview´ in the upcoming popup, or by open the notebook normally and choosing `Notebook overview´ in the main menu) and choose `Import PDF as new pages´ in the main menu. You can adjust resolution and margins in the app's input settings.

In notebook overview, you can also export a subset of pages to PDF by tagging them (click on the tag to activate tag mode and of the page(s)) and choose `Export tagged pages to PDF´.
    I'm curious about peoples' opinions of the app "LectureNotes" by Acadoid Developer and how it stacks up against the other main players in the active digitizer game. I've only been using my TPT for a few days' worth of note taking and haven't settled on a specific app yet, so I would like to hear thoughts on how you chose your primary note taking app.
    @stbxxl: Glad to hear that you like the new text drawing tool adjustments. I hope to provide a better support of typed text soon.

Concerning filtering: Since the very first versions, the app applies a running cubic interpolation on the input coordinates to get a smooth curve. This works fine if the coordinates do not display any noise, but can yield somewhat `strange´ results in the presence of noise, as both the curve as well as its derivative are enforced to fit at the input coordinates. The filtering applies the Ramer–Douglas–Peucker algorithm to reduce the number of points, which is a standard approach, the filter strength in the app's settings controls the threshold. Then, when the running cubic interpolation is applied, the resulting curve is smoother.
    @stbxxl: A zoomed input area floating over the notebook (which would avoid zooming in and out) is the second of the two bigger projects on my agenda.