Bright house app. TV

Search This thread

lehjr

Sep 27, 2011
KIssimmee
anyone else having issues with viewing channels?

i keep getting "we are unable to present channel (channel name)at this time.Please try a different channel or try again later"

does this for every channel and i changed the test keys to release keys in build.prop and it still does it, cleared data and cache and uninstalled and re-installed still same thing.

This is how it is working for me on the Atrix 4G with CM9 Jokersax beta 0.6.9.2, but atthebeach's comment leaves some hope for the future.

kevinrs1982

Jun 12, 2012
I have a Zeki 7 inch tablet, It came out of the box rooted and I cant seem to find any roms for this device.

xlr8shun

May 20, 2007
Orlando, FL
is there any chance someone could modify this APK (again) to remove the VPN check?

how do they expect you to watch TV on the GO if you have to be connected to an authorized bright house connection (coming from the appropriate modem) if you cant even connect to your network to do so..

TV on the GO... (in the vicinity of your home)

Reactions: taino211

michaelgarrison

Apr 13, 2011
Log-in while Unrooted

I'm on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and I did an apps and data back-up before rooting and installing Jelly Bean. When I did the back-up I was un-rooted and logged-in to the Brighthouse TV app. Restoring the apps and data kept me logged in to the app and allowed me to watch TV even while rooted, so long as I did not log out. When I did log out, doing a restore fixed everything again. I'm using the standard Brighthouse App from the Play Store.

Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Rooted
Vicious Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Coachdvc

Jul 2, 2010
Got it working... :D:D:D
File is attached below.
Uninstall original, if installed, then install this one.
Also make sure any reference to "test-keys" in build.prop are changed to "release-keys"

N3M3515
Thanks so much for this! Have the regular app on my unrooted E4GT and now on my new Google Nexus 7 tablet, also unrooted. I just downloaded it, opened it, out in my credentials and it played! Can now watch tv while gf watches her stuff.

d1ez3

Mar 27, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Thanks a lot worked great, but doesn't seem to work on my asus transformer prime on cm10 nightlies, I guess in the future it may, but it's fine on my galaxy s3. I wish this worked when not on wifi though

czerdrill

May 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone suddenly having issues with this? Now it tells me that I need to be using the app at home using a cable modem supplied by Brighthouse. However, I have been and haven't had any issues until today. Can anyone else confirm if they're getting this problem now?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

TheHasselhoff

Sep 11, 2012
anyone else having issues with viewing channels?

i keep getting "we are unable to present channel (channel name)at this time.Please try a different channel or try again later"

does this for every channel and i changed the test keys to release keys in build.prop and it still does it, cleared data and cache and uninstalled and re-installed still same thing.

Hi all! I am also getting this message. The app can see all of the channels and their current lineups - but when choosing any channel, if gives the "unable to present channel" message. I edited the build.prop as instructed, and even tried uninstall/reinstall, with no effect. I am using a Coby MID9742 rooted, but with stock ROM. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Sharpe351

Jul 3, 2011
Central Florida
Hi all! I am also getting this message. The app can see all of the channels and their current lineups - but when choosing any channel, if gives the "unable to present channel" message. I edited the build.prop as instructed, and even tried uninstall/reinstall, with no effect. I am using a Coby MID9742 rooted, but with stock ROM. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

What version of android is it? If it isn't jellybean or ICS, it won't work. I also noticed this problem on my tf101 running cm10, but I think it is the ROM.

sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TheHasselhoff

Sep 11, 2012
What version of android is it? If it isn't jellybean or ICS, it won't work. I also noticed this problem on my tf101 running cm10, but I think it is the ROM.

ICS (version 4.0.3). The only thing I've done is root it, install the CWM recovery, and install GApps. The original app told me it wouldn't work due to the root, so I installed the hacked APK and altered build.prop. I also tried changing permissions on the files, but to no effect.

Sharpe351

Jul 3, 2011
Central Florida
ICS (version 4.0.3). The only thing I've done is root it, install the CWM recovery, and install GApps. The original app told me it wouldn't work due to the root, so I installed the hacked APK and altered build.prop. I also tried changing permissions on the files, but to no effect.

Hmmmm... seems as though it has to be something with the ROM. Is your stock setup deodexed or odexed?

Also, is the stock ROM capable of 720p HD viewing? It may be that.

Sharpe351

Jul 3, 2011
Central Florida
Hmm, I have no idea. Is there an easy way to tell?

Yes. Go into /system/app and look at the apps in there. If it is deodexed there will be a series of files with .apk after. If it is odexed, there will be the .apk file and a .odex file. I'm not going to pin it to that though, it may be something wierd with the kernal, or something with hardware acceleration, because the output of the app is 720p (I think).

sent from a TF101

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wahoo!!

Got it working... :D:D:D
    File is attached below.
    Uninstall original, if installed, then install this one.
    Also make sure any reference to "test-keys" in build.prop are changed to "release-keys"

N3M3515
    Today's bhtv update seems to fix the crashing issue for me using the 3-17 build of 10.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I'm currently working on this. I'm pretty sure my changes to the HDMI/root fixes should have worked. So i tested the raw app itself on all my devices and it crashes as well. So i think this application is just buggy as hell. Looks like BHTV is making frequent changes to try to get it fixed. Personally i think they tried to finally make the app a brighthouse app instead of a hybrid twc app. Looks like they simply did a massive cut and replace to the TWCableTV directory. I'm going to look and see if they missed anything. I hate doing their job for them, but it's obvious the bigger coders are on the TWC side and not the BHTV side.

I'll post a file if i get something working today. I'm off today so its today or nothing.
    Anyone else getting a "parse error" besides me?

Are you on ICS? Won't work with Gingerbread.
    is there any chance someone could modify this APK (again) to remove the VPN check?

how do they expect you to watch TV on the GO if you have to be connected to an authorized bright house connection (coming from the appropriate modem) if you cant even connect to your network to do so..

TV on the GO... (in the vicinity of your home)
    BHTV working thanks

Maybe this info will help someone still having trouble.
    On my Galaxy Tab GT-P6210 7" WIFI, running stock ICS and rooted. I had to use es file explorer to go into system/app and delete Superuser, then installed SuperSu. Went into settings/application and delete cashe and data. Rebooted and BHTV worked great

On my Galaxy Tab SGH-I957 AT&T 4G 8.9" running cm10 jelly bean, I couldn't get it to work until I saw this thread on changing build.prop. It didn't work quite like n3m35155 for me. I again had to delete Superuser and install SuperSu, delete cashe and data on BHTV and change build.prop test-key to release-key and then it worked great. Tried for a long time.
    Thanks to n3m35155 for heads up on the build.prop, only way I got it to work as I tried everything else on this one. Also both have the Play BHTV.apk installed and working.

THANKS TO n3m35155 for his great info. Saved me.