[DEV/WIP] CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Quick heads up - GMail is now working in the new 2012-07-26 gapps package! However, Google Drive is still giving sync issues.

To update, do a full format on /system and /cache, install CM10 and then the new gapps package :)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ibawanzingee

Dec 8, 2010
It's always worked for me with that package. If I ever have any problems (which I did once) just kill the app with System Panel Pro and restart it.

Quick heads up - GMail is now working in the new 2012-07-27 gapps package! However, Google Drive is still giving sync issues.

To update, do a full format on /system and /cache, install CM10 and then the new gapps package :)

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
Beautiful ROM so far. Very very fluid, even without OC. I have found 2 bugs:
1) FaceLock doesn't want to be set up
2) The 'storage' section in settings crashes the settings app
Not overly concerned about facelock at this point... gapps problem

that storage f/c, I haven't seen that since the early days... noted.
seems to be an isolated incident... let me know if it's still apparent for you in the next build

Also another bug (or rather something that hasn't been implemented yet) - the volume buttons don't swap round for certain rotations (is for when the rocker is on the top-right and bottom-right)
one of those features that haven't yet been ported? (did it behave like that in cm9? I honestly can't remember)

Bug report: When displaying certain shades of grey (most visible at about 30% brightness) the screen has a wavering effect.

If you want a really clear example, set the brightness to about 25%, and then fire up the Amazon Kindle app[ and look at the splash screen]. The grey surround will wave and pulse. Once you see it there you end up seeing it everywhere else too, just less dramatically depending on the colour/brightness/etc.

ok, thanks for the heads up & tips on how to re-create, will have a look into it... tbh I've never noticed it...

@all,

I have to say thanks for keeping the thread on track (for the most part) :)

Last edited:

rayraven

Mar 25, 2009
@waydownsouth

Now that the Xoom ota is out, can you perchance use any of the libs from there, for h/w decoding or graphics etc?

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
@waydownsouth

Now that the Xoom ota is out, can you perchance use any of the libs from there, for h/w decoding or graphics etc?
The Xoom is a bit of a funny animal as it's not based on the reference nvidia board design... there may be bits we can use... will see what investigations reveal this evening.

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Not overly concerned about facelock at this point... gapps problem

that storage f/c, I haven't seen that since the early days... noted.
seems to be an isolated incident... let me know if it's still apparent for you in the next build

Okay sure. The crash dump seemed to reference libfacelock_jni although it is included so it's just crashing for some reason. Very strange. I haven't done anything different to get the storage error but I'll keep you posted

one of those features that haven't yet been ported? (did it behave like that in cm9? I honestly can't remember)

Good point. I'm not sure tbh. I know it worked on mystery man's CM9-based ROM but perhaps he wrote his own code for that?

@all,

I have to say thanks for keeping the thread on track (for the most part) :)

We have to thank you for such a great initial port of Jelly Bean! It was FAST and works (for the most part) pretty decently considering it's such an early build. It has its issues but hopefully with great devs and useful bug reports with logcats galore we'll have something the nexus can envy ;)

U mean 2012-07-26...
I did indeed I'll fix that in a sec

hey hey everyone, back from the grave.

Rotation code is ported and working.

attempting to submit to gerrit as i type this, but my repo sync is froze, may need to wait until tomorrow, but. Soon it will be merged! again!
Woo! Sounds great! Nice work :)

Reactions: waydownsouth

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Also on a separate note, what would be the necessary procedure for getting nightlies going of this? I can happily set it up on my VPS (it's OpenVZ so it has its equal share of 2 hexacore xeons foor a make -j16 maybe 32 :p) then upload them to some sort of file host each night (or if there is an android hosting service that works over FTP I can automate that). Setting Jenkins up shouldn't be too much of an issue. Opinions on this? I assume I'd set it up by checking all the code out via repo and doing an initial build then future updates would just sync the repo again then re-make and zip/upload right? I'm getting into CyanogenMod compiling at the moment (source is taking ages to download on my puny home connection but my server has 100mbit down so that should help!).

My questions really are:
1) @waydownsouth would you want this?
2) @all: would it be useful?
3) @waydownsouth how does your source tree work in terms of pulling the code, syncing, compiling then syncing at a later date without having to pull the entire multi-gigabyte tree again?
4) If we went ahead with nightlies, where would you all want the files stored? I can't use my server for hosting the final builds due to a bandwidth cap each month but I've calculated that I have more then enough to put the files elsewhere
5) How does ¬3:45am BST for the cron sound? hehe

Reactions: eBug

Matthileo

Apr 19, 2009
Wichita, KS
Also on a separate note, what would be the necessary procedure for getting nightlies going of this? I can happily set it up on my VPS (it's OpenVZ so it has its equal share of 2 hexacore xeons foor a make -j16 maybe 32 :p) then upload them to some sort of file host each night (or if there is an android hosting service that works over FTP I can automate that). Setting Jenkins up shouldn't be too much of an issue. Opinions on this? I assume I'd set it up by checking all the code out via repo and doing an initial build then future updates would just sync the repo again then re-make and zip/upload right? I'm getting into CyanogenMod compiling at the moment (source is taking ages to download on my puny home connection but my server has 100mbit down so that should help!).

My questions really are:
3) @waydownsouth how does your source tree work in terms of pulling the code, syncing, compiling then syncing at a later date without having to pull the entire multi-gigabyte tree again?
4) If we went ahead with nightlies, where would you all want the files stored? I can't use my server for hosting the final builds due to a bandwidth cap each month but I've calculated that I have more then enough to put the files elsewhere

Wouldn't it make more sense to get this merged with CM10 official, so that when the start building nightlies we can just grap them from their system. If I'm not mistaken that was the goal with the CM9 port and it just never happened. I for one would love to see this become an official CM10 rom.

[sent from my iconia tab]

Reactions: ziggy34

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Wouldn't it make more sense to get this merged with CM10 official, so that when the start building nightlies we can just grap them from their system. If I'm not mistaken that was the goal with the CM9 port and it just never happened. I for one would love to see this become an official CM10 rom.

[sent from my iconia tab]

I heard about that which is why I thought we should just set ourselves something up that's external for this project. We can't delay progress because we have to wait for CyanogenMod considering this isn't even considered an official build yet. Perhaps waydownsouth should call the shots here. Ideally we get integrated with CM10 official and use their CI.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

>.> somethings up with my repo sync. maybe my new internet or something, cant run it multi-thread for some reason - always crashes. anyways. rotation patch submitted, now we play the waiting game

Sounds fantastic :D great work :)

waydownsouth

Dec 26, 2010
My questions really are:
Thanks for the offer.
This all sounds really good & will keep it in mind...
Will see what happens over the next few days. ;)
Absolutely, this is still the end goal.

The problem thus far is the fact that there's only one of me...
You only need to look through the commit history on github to see where the contributions to the project have been coming from.
Between my managerial real life job, trying to get the house fixed after the earthquakes, trying to maintain some semblance of a life & then, this project, well, I get stretched pretty thin.

This thread has actually been quite refreshing, the signal to noise ratio has been great & I've had more real debug info in the last week than for the entire time the cm9 thread has been running... go figure.

So am sorry if things haven't happened as quickly as you all would like, but, there are ways around this... get involved...
If you understand the android build system, have some sort of developmental tendencies & want to help out in solving bugs... drop by irc: freenode #iconia-dev & we can discuss... (I'm usually always logged in from somewhere, the others come & go)

Cheers

wds

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Yes, I was on the RE-FLEXxx ROM, using this now full time, few little glitches here and there, but I can live with it.

Edit: Also ordered an 8gig Nexus 7 for my mom today, can't wait to compare the two.

Sent from my A500

Cool, yeah I'm about to flash once my backup is done. Coming from Thor's ROM. Excited to see how this performs.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

So far so good...UI is really laggy though.

ziggy34

Sep 2, 2010
SE Michigan
Cool, yeah I'm about to flash once my backup is done. Coming from Thor's ROM. Excited to see how this performs.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

So far so good...UI is really laggy though.

Yeah, mine was at first, but after awhile, I rebooted and then let it sit for a few and seems to be fine now.

Sent from my A500

Reactions: agentfazexx

ctenorman

Aug 16, 2011
Worked for me as my daily driver for a bit, but the screen wavering on certain gradients caused me to return to Thor's rom. However, otherwise it's fantastic! As soon as that's fixed it'll be my daily driver again.

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Not sure if this is a JB thing or not... In ICS and prior we had an X or Clear button to clear all notifications. In JB it seems I have to swipe away notifications one at a time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 preview builds for Acer Iconia A500 (picasso) & A200 (picasso_e)

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an early release preview of things to come, we are 99% functional hardware wise, but there is still a fair bit of work to do under the hood.

CM10 is still in early stages of development, but, is progressing at a rapid pace... Things will be broken & not all features from CM9 have been ported (yet).
    Expect some weirdness, breakage & other things.

In an effort to keep this thread form being derailled like the other Jellybean thread, lowsum has started a thread for user discussion in general... I will be monitoring that thread too.

Posts giving thanks, telling us that you're downloading now are not wanted nor needed in this thread.
    It is about development, for reporting bugs, working on & contributing to fixes/solutions.

Please respect this wish... hit the thanks button & move on to general.

Working:
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Storage
    • Sound
    • Camera
    • GPS (Hax)
    • 2d/3d acceleration
    • HDMI video
    • HDMI audio
    • H/W rotation lock

Not working:
    • ??

Reporting bugs:
    Please check post 2 to see if it has already been mentioned, if not, make a post, but, be prepared to provide more information (logcats etc) if requested

Full credits to the whole team @ CyanogenMod

randomblame for the early port work & as always, lively discussions in IRC
    pio_masaki for all the testing on the a100 device & for being such a helpful & awesome dude.
    gh123man for the soon to be ported rotation switch handler

Downloads

Big thanks to lifeofcoding for the hosting
    For [DEV] Threads, if you're reporting a bug, attach a logcat. If you do not have something constructive to add (i.e. logcats, tips on how to build a better kernel/rom, etc.) your post will be deleted.

Pax
    FSM Acer Iconia A500

Note: This only applies to posts after mine.
    Known Issues
    EGL memory leak (most apparent in chrome browser)
    Waydownsouth,

Have had the ROM lock up a couple time where the only thing I could do is press and hold the power button and then press the power button to reboot.

What logs do you want for this type of problem?

Also still getting the reboot on waking up the tablet once in a while. Thought is was related to flash, but has done it with out me using flash at all.

Want to get logs to you just not sure which ones you need.
    Normally I'd be interested in a logcat if adb was still up...

But, in this case, sit tight for a bit, working on some new builds, should have them up tonight...

thanks tho!
    Once the 501 & 101 devices are fixed then it will be done...

In the meantime, check the thread OP

New build for the a500 & the a200 is now in on the action.

From here on, I'll be uploading new builds every few days, as things get fixed or need testing...

enjoy, wds :)