Get rid of these on screen buttons?

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not a hate for soft keys. It's a complete hate on HTC for basically putting a huge space for capacitive buttons but saying F you and just leaving empty valuable screen space

the thing you are missing here is... that area is not wasted screen space. it was never screen space, it isnt the screen down there. Yes it is black and looks like the screen but the screen ends right below the on screen buttons, above the HTC logo. If they painted it silver would that make you happy? You've posted 20 times about how mad you are and that this phone is a disaster etc... Why? it is by no means a disaster and your mis understanding of the display is causing you grief. Just buy the phone and enjoy it. There is no wasted screen space, that isnt a screen down there, its just a black bezel.
    wow I"m suprised by the hate for the soft keys. They were the big reason I upgraded from the M7.

It's not a hate for soft keys. It's a complete hate on HTC for basically putting a huge space for capacitive buttons but saying F you and just leaving empty valuable screen space
    Nugzo, that's nice of you to try and stick up for HTC. How come on the beautiful HTC one there is not bezel on the bottom? The truth is you don't know why so don't try and defend. I own many phones and enjoy them. Please don't let my opinion make you come up with fake explanations. Relax and enjoy your phone
    FYI... IT IS completely wasted valuable screen real estate
    wow I"m suprised by the hate for the soft keys. They were the big reason I upgraded from the M7.

The space wasn't put there for capacitive buttons, it was put there because there is hardware sitting there inside the phone. Due to the hardware that's there, they weren't able to put a capacitive strip there, which is why the buttons have been moved to on-screen buttons. Of course, if you really wanted the capacitive buttons, they could've given you that, but then increased the bezel size and therefore, the entire phone.

I initially didn't like the setup either, but I've gotten over it and it hasn't hindered my enjoyment of the phone in any way.