[Q] shoutcast radio stream to USB car stereo

Search This thread

EdisDee

Dec 18, 2010
hey guys,
i was wondering if there is a way to listen to shoutcast radio via 3G to usb using my i5800. i have alpine cda-117 with imprint installed in my car. it has a usb connection. i want to use alpines usb to charge my i5800 and at the same time to hear sound on my car speakers using the same usb connection. is it possible?

the closest thing i did was i opened opera, pasted a link to a m3u playlist and opera asked me if i would like to save it as a mp3 file on my sd card. in other words it was saving the stream to a mp3 file but my car stereo couldn't see the sd card because it was already in use by opera. any solution ppl?

i wan't to do this because:
1. phones DAC (digital audio codec) wouln't be used. this means the sound quality would be way much better*.
2. less cables.

*the sound from my phone would be sent directly to the imprint sound processor in digital format and then decoded to analog.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
Sorry but i think there is no way to do so atm... you however could do it using Bluetooth if your car stereo supports this.

EdisDee

Dec 18, 2010
my car stereo doesn't have bluetooth :) that is why i was asking about the usb option. thanks anyway ;)
what app should i use to be able to play shoutcast streams via bluetooth?

Last edited: