Need some help with my HTC One

Search This thread
Aug 29, 2014
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and only been doing the whole rom thing since I bought my HTC One last year.
I've been happy and enjoyed the phone.
Through a drunken stupor last night I made some mistakes and need to get the phone back in action.
I don't believe that what I've done to it has bricked it.
However, it is currently inoperable.

I'll try and break down exactly what happened and what I've done in the past few days that have caused this mess.
Thanks for your patience and understanding and most of all help up front, it's much appreciated.
So here we go!

I've been running an antiquated version of Viper ROM for the majority of the last year.
At this point I'm not even sure the exact release, though I believe it to be 5.6 or 5.7...
Having said that I went and updated finally and was able to successfully flash 6.20, and the OTA that followed.
My phone was running fantastic at that point and was super happy at the new features, etc.
Silly me, I had to believe that USB Fast Charge was not only a privilege but a necessity.

In my hazy recollection of mishaps I went ahead and tried to boot into recovery and flash ElementalX .17 on top of Viper.
Flashed with v2.6.3.3 of TWRP and things went smoothly or so I thought.
After successfully flashing upon booting I was hit with a black screen and only the capacitive buttons being lit.
In my rage and frustration I tried several things and it wouldn't boot.
Stuck in a loop.

So I did the stupid mistake up restoring a super old back up on my phone...
On top of that I messed around and thought I could some how bring it back to the dead.
It was my original Viper installation from all that time ago and this time there was absolutely no connection to WIFI.
The 6.20 version had been cleaned off the phone and now I'm sitting here at TWRP v2.6.3.3 wondering what to do next.

ADB is responsive, but drag and dropping files into the HTC One on my Windows Explorer has proven unsuccessful.
I'm going to post my basic related stuff below.
Let me know if any type of picture upload or what not will help in the process.
Thanks for being there XDA!!!
:good::good:

TAMPERED
BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.17.3250.20
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot
Jul 5 2013,16:04:18-1

Once again - my thanks to you people out there smarter and more clear headed than I am.
I raise my glass to you...
:cowboy:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and only been doing the whole rom thing since I bought my HTC One last year.
Through a drunken stupor last night I made some mistakes and need to get the phone back in action.

I'll try and break down exactly what happened and what I've done in the past few days that have caused this mess.
Thanks for your patience and understanding and most of all help up front, it's much appreciated.
So here we go!

I've been running an antiquated version of Viper ROM for the majority of the last year.
At this point I'm not even sure the exact release, though I believe it to be 5.6 or 5.7...
Having said that I went and updated finally and was able to successfully flash 6.20, and the OTA that followed.
My phone was running fantastic at that point and was super happy at the new features, etc.
Silly me, I had to believe that USB Fast Charge was not only a privilege but a necessity.

In my hazy recollection of mishaps I went ahead and tried to boot into recovery and flash ElementalX .17 on top of Viper.
After successfully flashing upon booting I was hit with a black screen and only the capacitive buttons being lit.
Stuck in a loop.

On top of that I messed around and thought I could some how bring it back to the dead.
It was my original Viper installation from all that time ago and this time there was absolutely no connection to WIFI.
The 6.20 version had been cleaned off the phone and now I'm sitting here at TWRP v2.6.3.3 wondering what to do next.

ADB is responsive, but drag and dropping files into the HTC One on my Windows Explorer has proven unsuccessful.

TAMPERED
BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.44.0000
RADIO-4A.17.3250.20
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
eMMC-boot

Once again - my thanks to you people out there smarter and more clear headed than I am.

Please post a fastboot getvar all (except imei and serialno). That way we can take a look and see if there is a RUU available, that will reset you back to stock.

Reactions: SyntheticDynamics
Aug 29, 2014
Please post a fastboot getvar all (except imei and serialno). That way we can take a look and see if there is a RUU available, that will reset you back to stock.

It's hanging at the Viper One bootup screen now - even though the device is recognized in windows explorer.

here is what adb is showing -

c:/adb>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
It's hanging at the Viper One bootup screen now - even though the device is recognized in windows explorer.

< waiting for device >
What is your MID & CID? If you are in the States what carrier?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

< waiting for device >
Turn phone completely off. Then press and hold the PWR button + Vol Down button, it should boot into bootloader. Select Fastboot the screen should change to FASTBOOT USB, now try the commands.

Aug 29, 2014
Turn phone completely off. Then press and hold the PWR button + Vol Down button, it should boot into bootloader. Select Fastboot the screen should change to FASTBOOT USB, now try the commands.

Actually now I do see the FASTBOOT USB...
The command still hangs though at < waiting for device >.
Ouch, maybe I did brick it after all. :(

Aug 29, 2014
I'm doing as much research as possible from my end.
Thanks for being patient with me.
Hopefully I haven't bricked this thing.
I've added my thanks to your posts thus far for your assistance!

Cheers and a few more energy drinks and maybe we can get this thing going again, lol!
:laugh:

-SD

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

Cheers and a few more energy drinks and maybe we can get this thing going again, lol!

-SD
Here is an AT&T RUU 4.18.502.7. In order to run it you will need to lock your bootloader with the command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Are you using Win 8.1? If so, fastboot will not work with a hboot 1.44. You need Win 7 or Ubuntu/Linux. You can run Ubuntu on a USB FAQ Q#5 and you would not have to install it on your computer.

Aug 29, 2014
Here is an AT&T RUU 4.18.502.7. In order to run it you will need to lock your bootloader with the command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Are you using Win 8.1? If so, fastboot will not work with a hboot 1.44. You need Win 7 or Ubuntu/Linux. You can run Ubuntu on a USB FAQ Q#5 and you would not have to install it on your computer.

I'm using Windows 7.
Will I still be able to lock my bootloader with it being unrecognized?
It's worth a shot!

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

-SD
If you use Ubuntu, you just need it to lock the bootloader. You will need go back to Win 8.1 to run the RUU.exe. Ubuntu can not run .exe files.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
How can I get the RUU on the phone though since it's unresponsive.
Do I need to push it somehow, or sideload...
What would be the best method to approach doing that?
With the phone connected to the PC. Double click the RUU file. It will start and walk you through the process. Some people have found that the file should be in the adb folder.

Aug 29, 2014
This is a long shot, but run the RUU anyway. It should fail but it might reset some things to allow the PC to recognize the phone.

Device is recognized again - went ahead and dragged and dropped Viper Rom 6.0 onto it.
Right now it's flashing it and looks to be working smoothly thus far.
Fingers crossed!

You have been a gentlemen and a scholar for helping me through this.
I really do appreciate it man - you have been really great.
Much <3!

*PS*

6.20 Viper Rom in the house, huzzah...
This is a dream come true!
Now in the future I need to be more careful to keep this from happening again, hahaha.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I tip my hat to you sir...
:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Device is recognized again - went ahead and dragged and dropped Viper Rom 6.0 onto it.
Right now it's flashing it and looks to be working smoothly thus far.
Fingers crossed!

You have been a gentlemen and a scholar for helping me through this.
I really do appreciate it man - you have been really great.
Much <3!

*PS*

6.20 Viper Rom in the house, huzzah...
This is a dream come true!
Now in the future I need to be more careful to keep this from happening again, hahaha.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I tip my hat to you sir...
:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

Glad to see it worked out for you! Happy Flashing!!!:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

So here we go!

Stuck in a loop.

TAMPERED
    BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.44.0000
    RADIO-4A.17.3250.20
    OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
    eMMC-boot

< waiting for device >
    What is your MID & CID? If you are in the States what carrier?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

< waiting for device >

-SD
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock

-SD
    If you use Ubuntu, you just need it to lock the bootloader. You will need go back to Win 8.1 to run the RUU.exe. Ubuntu can not run .exe files.
    Went through and tried all of that and it's still not getting recognized unfortunately!
    This is a long shot, but run the RUU anyway. It should fail but it might reset some things to allow the PC to recognize the phone.