[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - Tenderloin Milestone 4

Search This thread

umirza85

Aug 12, 2006
Toronto
in addition to the predefined DPI settings, there is a custom option. 132 is the native DPI of the Touchpad, and what I (and many others) use w/o any issues.

Thanks so much for the info. Was just wondering if I change the dpi settings I use supreme mods 1.5 and there are only versions with dpi160 & 120 is there any way I can use supreme mods and have the 132 dpi? Or is it fine to install supreme mod and THEN change the dpi? Finally have everything working including wifi and don't want to break anything lol.

Last edited:

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle
Thanks so much for the info. Was just wondering if I change the dpi settings I use supreme mods 1.5 and there are only versions with dpi160 & 120 is there any way I can use supreme mods and have the 132 dpi? Or is it fine to install supreme mod and THEN change the dpi? Finally have everything working including wifi and don't want to break anything lol.

The "fix" described above should work AFTER you install the MODS package without breaking anything.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nice to see you here! The "fix" works by following the instructions under ROM Control, General UI, Change LCD density. Simple as could be. I use 138 myself with my font size set to large under the "Display" settings. Seems juuuust right. ;)

Thanks. I just did this last night. The screen does look a lot better and the backgrounds actually set right now.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

umirza85

Aug 12, 2006
Toronto
The "fix" described above should work AFTER you install the MODS package without breaking anything.

Thanks for the help with getting myself oriented with this ROM. Very much appreciated.

If i am flashing the next release (upgrading) the current rom, I would flash that then mods. Would that mean i need to set the dpi level back to what it was before I upgrade? or will flashing the next release reset my dpi level?

Last edited:

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Thanks for the help with getting myself oriented with this ROM. Very much appreciated.

If i am flashing the next release (upgrading) the current rom, I would flash that then mods. Would that mean i need to set the dpi level back to what it was before I upgrade? or will flashing the next release reset my dpi level?

Everytime you flash a new rom, the DPI is set to whatever the rom defines.

1.)Update your ROM
2.)Flash Mods
3.)Change DPI manually

~ E.R.A.

Reactions: umirza85

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
so.... is it normal to see (when in moboot) options to boot into aokp AND CyanogenMod? because they are both listed there.

i never installed Cm9... just aokp :confused::confused:

oh and i think my wifi died. like it refuses to connect to my router. it can detect my router, i can type the login password.. but it just wont connect :(

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
so.... is it normal to see (when in moboot) options to boot into aokp AND CyanogenMod? because they are both listed there.

i never installed Cm9... just aokp :confused::confused:

oh and i think my wifi died. like it refuses to connect to my router. it can detect my router, i can type the login password.. but it just wont connect :(

Use a root explorer, go to the /boot directory, and delete the CyanogenMod .uImage file.

Then go to and delete /data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Now reboot your touchpad. You should only see webOS, AOKP, ClockWorkMod, webOS recovery, and reboot and shutdown.

Now, go to AOKP, and try to setup your router connection again.

~ E.R.A.

icemasta31

Jan 12, 2011
Really enjoy the ROM but have a few problems.

WiFi worked great for a month before I was beginning to have issues with the connection randomly dropping out and the WiFi, despite being turned on, wasn't picking up any access points. I had WPA encryption on and now switched it to WEP 128Kb and it's running flawlessly for now.

Also, I've had the TP randomly crash fully and get stuck on the intro boot up image. Luckily a few times it happened while I was using it so I could do a hard reset but other times I'd wake up in the morning and see the TP is completely dead despite having 3/4 of charge left before I went to bed.

Last edited:

umirza85

Aug 12, 2006
Toronto
Really enjoy the ROM but have a few problems.

WiFi worked great for a month before I was beginning to have issues with the connection randomly dropping out and the WiFi, despite being turned on, wasn't picking up any access points. I had WPA encryption on and now switched it to WEP 128Kb and it's running flawlessly for now.

Also, I've had the TP randomly crash fully and get stuck on the intro boot up image. Luckily a few times it happened while I was using it so I could do a hard reset but other times I'd wake up in the morning and see the TP is completely dead despite having 3/4 of charge left before I went to bed.

This worked for me:
Use a root explorer, go to the /boot directory, and delete the CyanogenMod .uImage file.

Then go to and delete /data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Now reboot your touchpad. You should only see webOS, AOKP, ClockWorkMod, webOS recovery, and reboot and shutdown.

Now, go to AOKP, and try to setup your router connection again.

~ E.R.A.

zeeshanzc

Oct 9, 2009
Mississauga
no wifi

I would love to even try the fix but i cant because i haven't had wifi since day one so i cant even download the root explorer to even try this... is there any way i can download and install root explorer without having wifi.... i tried Bluetooth transfer... i transferred the file but i don't have explorer to access that transferred file either... so screwed... :-( back to WEBOS

Izeltokatl

If you did a nandroid, just go back to that previous state. You should always backup for such scenarios.

You could find the apk on the web, then mount via cwm and transfer the file? But that might not work because you won't have the account to validate the file.

You could do it via adb commands.

You could also try using android explorer. Not sure if this works with the TP

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1242235

Sent from my rezound

Last edited:

waylo

May 9, 2010
Has anyone had more problems with the vibration feedback disappearing after a short while? It was mentioned way earlier in this thread, but it doesn't look like anyone's commented on it since then.

I'm on M4 and the vibration definitely disappears completely, from apps and from the launcher touch feedback. It may be related to the first screen lock.

EDIT:
I've confirmed that the tactile feedback disappears the first time after running the app "screen off and lock"

EDIT2:
Allowing a 'natural' timeout and lock also results in losing vibration in any scenario until a reboot.

EDIT3:
Looks like it's a known issue with CyanogenMod 9 as well, discussed on the rootzwiki forums. Unfortunately no fixes to be found.

Last edited:

chinkster

May 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I just gave this rom a try and while I was trying to organize my homescreen by dragging the icons the screen would rotate for some reason is anyone else having this problem?

HP Touchpad - CM9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Btw guys, jb aokp. Is NOT coming soon. Our chip set, the msm8660 isn't even supported yet. Cm10 is it until they support it, which they will in the future.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    yea i tried this twice with build 37 and 38 still no luck

yea that's the same issue i'm getting

do you know how we would go about making a flashable zip for this? sounds like i might have to package up the the build 36 drivers into build 38 or 37 but being able to make a flashable wifi driver that we can flash in recovery would be helpful till this gets fixed

Check the wifi thread, but many versions have been posted. I have 5 different versions in a flashable format.

-update -

Here are the last six wifi drivers you can use.

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/altwifi/

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    what am i doing wrong i can't get wifi connection to work after build 36 build 37 build 38 nightly for june 2 none of them work
    anyone have any hints or suggestions would love to upgrade to the newest builds
    but no wifi connection is a no go for me anybody?
    i've flashed the wifi reset but still no luck

For those having Wifi issues try this tip from jcsullins who wrote the wifi driver and fix sound problem
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26443512&postcount=625
    Fantastic rom, running it on 3 Touchpads so far! :D One question, it auto boots Webos after the 5 sec countdown is there a way to change this so it auto boots AOKP. THANKS

In terminal emulator:

su
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    echo "AOKP" > /boot/moboot.default
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    exit

That should do it.

@OP: Very interested in this ROM - think I just may flash it tonight. Thanks for the work and dedication.