[Q] App not compatible with device screen size/resolution

Search This thread

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
I am trying to run an App (Nest thermostat app) that will install, however when I run the app a message pops up saying this app is not compatible with your device screen size/resolution and then closes. Is there a way to bypass this somehow?

yosterwp

May 29, 2012
/mnt/sdcard
I am trying to run an App (Nest thermostat app) that will install, however when I run the app a message pops up saying this app is not compatible with your device screen size/resolution and then closes. Is there a way to bypass this somehow?

Reading the reviews on the Play Store, it seems that many people are asking for tablet support for the app. If the app really doesn't work on tablets, there is always the Nest website.

Hope that helps

Cheers

EDIT: If you read the description for the app on the Play Store, the developer has written "Nest Mobile doesn't currently work with Android tablets." It is at the bottom of the description.

Last edited:

Didact74

Sep 2, 2010
Lake Shore, MD
Thanks for the help, I saw that in the description as well. I guess I was asking if there was anyway to change the code possibly in the APK to not check screen size. It seems a little hokie that it would even reference a screen size at all. Most APPs just blow up the image if the screen is a different size. Sorry if my question was unclear. Thanks.

cj10488

Jan 13, 2008
I have to been looking into this. Attached is the APK if anyone smarter than me can remove this check for screen size. I hate being limited to just my phone.

Thanks again,
James

Attachments

• com.nestlabs.android-1.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 7