2nd hand phone - almost blank screen after booting & selecting language

Search This thread

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
Apparently the owner ran into an issue after trying to update to kit Kat with Odin. I presume he tried to flash the stock firmware since be doesnt know what root means. He says it boots up fine and you manage to get into the select language screen. But afterwards you get a sparse black screen.

ady3age9.jpg

Sounds fixable. I should be able Odin another rom and flash cwm, root it and custom rom etc right?
Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Looks like it's running acustom ROM at the moment.
If the owner knows how to flash firmware on a phone, why hasn't he fixed it himself?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
Looks like it's running acustom ROM at the moment.
If the owner knows how to flash firmware on a phone, why hasn't he fixed it himself?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Um. The screenshot is of my phone showing his screenshot on gumtree.

This is his screenshot
jataba3e.jpg

I get what you mean though. Isn't Odin only used by users who know? Since normal users would perhaps use kies? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
yhasyvym.jpg
Sigh. Bought the phone, for 200 though. I flashed a stock firmware via Odin. Still same screen as above. Sigh. I tried rooting it and getting Philz touch on it. Touch input does not seem to work. Loaded aosp roms and kernels onto the phone. Flashed it via Philz recovery. Gives me bootloops.

Ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
naqagumy.jpg

Managed to somehow install a aosp rom. Touch input doesn't work? Wtf? How do I fix it? Screen lights up fine so what's the issue?

Managed to get it linked to adb somehow. Any way I can fix the touch issue?
raduhu3u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

fahadashiq

Nov 22, 2013
same problem!!

bro any solution u found?? cuz i am having same problem..stuck after selecting language..