[Q] Does root/rom void T-Mobile JUMP

Search This thread

hddr3

Oct 20, 2013
I want to install CM11 on my t-mo xperia z but don't want to void JUMP , if I unroot, reinstall factory image and re-lock bootloader by time I need to turn phone in will it not void JUMP? I come from a Galaxy Nexus and miss having stock android :crying:

stellarvelocity

Oct 29, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I want to install CM11 on my t-mo xperia z but don't want to void JUMP , if I unroot, reinstall factory image and re-lock bootloader by time I need to turn phone in will it not void JUMP? I come from a Galaxy Nexus and miss having stock android :crying:

I just bought a Xperia Z from T-Mobile myself today (Blackberry Trade in Promo, $6 down!) and was just literally talking about this very concern.

I'm going to bypass the Bootloader Unlock and attempt a root/recovery without unlocking it. At that point there shouldn't be an issue with flashing a custom rom. As long as you can flash back to stock (stock recovery, stock firmware) you should be fine. There seems to be a handy "flashtool" in one of the stickies that will explain how to do this.

I imagine you at that point should be fine. I would advise: do not unlock your bootloader. Most OEMs (I worked for HTC for many years) watermark your device and it's a pain trying to remove it.

Worst case scenario you can always do a warranty exchange to get a fresh device before JUMP upgrading later. ;)

Reactions: hddr3

hddr3

Oct 20, 2013
I just bought a Xperia Z from T-Mobile myself today (Blackberry Trade in Promo, $6 down!) and was just literally talking about this very concern.

I'm going to bypass the Bootloader Unlock and attempt a root/recovery without unlocking it. At that point there shouldn't be an issue with flashing a custom rom. As long as you can flash back to stock (stock recovery, stock firmware) you should be fine. There seems to be a handy "flashtool" in one of the stickies that will explain how to do this.

I imagine you at that point should be fine. I would advise: do not unlock your bootloader. Most OEMs (I worked for HTC for many years) watermark your device and it's a pain trying to remove it.

Worst case scenario you can always do a warranty exchange to get a fresh device before JUMP upgrading later. ;)

Thanks...that's good to know. I know on the nexus devices it has a unlocked watermark on the boot screen. I'll try the flash tool out

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
You cannot unlock the bootloader on the C6606 anyway, so therefore you cannot run CM11 (or any CM/PAC/AOSP/AOKP based rom) as running the custom kernel it requires needs an unlocked bootloader. The most you can do is flash stock based custom roms.

To verify this for yourself, enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialler, then look in Service info -> Configuration. You will see that it says 'Bootloader unlock allowed : No'.

When you need to return the phone, just flash a stock C6606 FTF with Flashtool and there is no way they can detect that you rooted it or flashed another rom.

sonyupdate

Last edited:
Reactions: shoey63

wisper2000

Oct 26, 2011
Washington
You cannot unlock the bootloader on the C6606 anyway, so therefore you cannot run CM11 (or any CM/PAC/AOSP/AOKP based rom) as running the custom kernel it requires needs an unlocked bootloader. The most you can do is flash stock based custom roms.

To verify this for yourself, enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialler, then look in Service info -> Configuration. You will see that it says 'Bootloader unlock allowed : No'.

When you need to return the phone, just flash a stock C6606 FTF with Flashtool and there is no way they can detect that you rooted it or flashed another rom.

sonyupdate

Is there a certain flashtool for c6606

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010
Latest flashtool will work. I broke the screen on my first C6606 within first couple days and after rooting and installing custom stock rom. The screen didn't work though I suppose I still could've reverted to pure stock. Anyways, they replaced it with no questions asked and as mentioned above reverting is simple.

Sent from my mobile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sonyupdate