[Q] Why is this tablet's WIFI so poor?

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
I have this tablet, a samsung galaxy s4 and my girlfriend had an ipad 4.

Basically, compared to my s4 and the ipad 4, webpages all load slower, when i update apps via google play store, they update a lot slower than my s4 updates them, also i play clash of clans, no matter wyhere i am in the flat with my s4 or my girlfriends ipad i never loose a connection to the game, on my tablet i regularly loose connection with the clash of clans server and it will restart and i may loose the odd game because it lost connection half way through a battle etc..

This is all using the same wifi at the same distances etc..

I have turned off wifi optimisation as this made the wifi even worse on my tablet, even though the name suggests that it should make it better lol

Any ideas, or is this trablets wifi just not as good?

James

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
WiFi Optimization doesn't help with performance of it, it actually improved battery life, just like the description of it says right below the WiFi Optimization text lol

And, it works just like my mom's iPad 3. I can get sometimes even higher download speeds than a desktop connected to the same network.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

drubio

Mar 19, 2009
not agree....

In My opinion, XTZ has a great wifi performance, im running 4.2.2 with no wifi tweaks of any kind... The wifi speed test and strenght quality signal are awesome, as good at home as linked in other wifi spots.

Here are the speed test results i have made right now during this post writing theyre both downloading and uploading, just have to say im quite satisfied with the xtz wifi performance indeed. No doubt that ipads software solution implementation are, as allways, more and better optimized in their products. Theres the choice ppl have to do when decide between macs or droids... ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-26-11-07-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-11-07-47.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2014-03-26-11-07-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-11-07-59.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 45