[Q] Massive Wifi problem on Nexus 7 2013

Search This thread

d4yw41k3r

Oct 25, 2010
Hi,

since midnight my Nexus 7 2013 is not connecting via Wifi anymore. Wifi icon is grey and I see a fraction of all the Wifi networks around here. Sometimes my home network, sometimes not. Even when I stand directly beside my router. In the same time all my other Android devices are connecting well. I tried to set up an AP with my HTC One - same issue here.

Turning off and on NFC or switching the time automatic settings did not make it better - I read on Google that this might help.

When I try to restart the tab I get a connection like 10 seconds - then I am offline again. These are the only 10 seconds where the Internet is working on the tab.

I am running on 4.4.2 stock kernel and did not do anything to the configuration. It worked perfectly for months.

Has anybody an idea? Otherwise I will have to send it back to AMZN.

Thank you for your help!

Christian

D

Darth

This is the 2012 n7 forum. May have better luck asking in the 2013 n7 forum, or messaging a moderator to move this thread there. ;)

exglynco

Nov 19, 2012
Bay Area
I had a 2012 Nexus 7 with similar symptoms. It turned out I'd dropped it, loosening its back cover. The wi-fi antenna's connections were loose. I snapped the back cover on tight, and my wi-fi problems went away.