New Native Youtube app by HTC

Search This thread

ibby03

Sep 20, 2006
www.projectcircuit.com
Question... Due to the fact that I don't have an HTC WP7, If I have the Windows Developer Tools installed and my Samsung Focus is "Unlocked" wouldn't I just need the XAP file for this youtube app and upload it to my phone via my pc? In theory that should work right? and if yes how could we get a hold of the app?

Last edited:

lumpaywk

Mar 30, 2010
Portsmouth/Gosport
I really wanted the samsung omnia but got the hd7 due to requirement and lil things like this actually make me glad i did. I dont really use youtube that much but when i do i dont want some rubbish link to the mobile website, the other app from htc though more for me is the flashlight, i was unaware till recently but i may be mistaken its the only app to use the led lights? This i do actually ise a lot as i dont want to wake the wife when i leave for work.

sayonical

Dec 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
it's for htc only. even with the xap, it doesn't load up (i don't believe).

I absolutely love when I am showing off the phone to friends I hold down the start button and speak "Open Flahlight" then watch as their jaws drop with wonderment as the female voice responds "Opening Flashlight" and a glorious beam of LED light illuminate their curious faces.

Works like a charm every time

kh0annguyen

Jan 18, 2011
Seattle
HTC Youtube .xap easily deployed to non-HTC phone

Question... Due to the fact that I don't have an HTC WP7, If I have the Windows Developer Tools installed and my Samsung Focus is "Unlocked" wouldn't I just need the XAP file for this youtube app and upload it to my phone via my pc? In theory that should work right? and if yes how could we get a hold of the app?

all apps are certified and signed when they come from the market place, so no that won't work.

I thought so too, but turns out it does work. Once you have the HTC .xap file you can certainly deploy it to your developer unlocked phone using the standard Application Deployment.

Just change the extension of the .xap to a .zip, then open "WMAppManifest.xml" in a text editor and remove the entire line that references "INTEROPSERVICES". Optionally, you can also remove the "HTC" from the app title so it will simply show up as "Youtube" instead of "HTC Youtube" on your phone.

Change it back to a .xap and deploy to your favorite non-HTC WP7.5 handset.

The app itself is quite nice. This is what the integrated Youtube app should have been like.

Edit: I attached the .xap with the edits already made.

Attachments

• Youtube-v2.0.zip
    471.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Reactions: Budniu and gazzacbr

wetworker

Sep 8, 2010
Thanks dude!!!

I thought so too, but turns out it does work. Once you have the HTC .xap file you can certainly deploy it to your developer unlocked phone using the standard Application Deployment.

Just change the extension of the .xap to a .zip, then open "WMAppManifest.xml" in a text editor and remove the entire line that references "INTEROPSERVICES". Optionally, you can also remove the "HTC" from the app title so it will simply show up as "Youtube" instead of "HTC Youtube" on your phone.

The app itself is quite nice. This is what the integrated Youtube app should have been like.

Thanks man. My buddy dropped his HD7 last week and shattered the screen., Lucky he was paying 7 bucks a month for insurance. He picked up a new HD7 a few days ago and to his amazement the You-tube app was missing from the HTC hub.

All he has to do now is unlock is new HD7 and he will be in business again. Thanks once again. BTW it works great on my Samsung Focus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    found it in german marketplace by searchin "htc" ... works wonderful. deleted the other youtube app. thanks @ htc!!!
    HTC Youtube .xap easily deployed to non-HTC phone

all apps are certified and signed when they come from the market place, so no that won't work.

If you guys haven't gotten it yet...get it! Awesome app! It allows watching Youtube vids in HQ even on 3G! =D HTC got it right!
    Youtube

search for it in the market place, this one is made by HTC (so therefore only HTC WP7 phones will see it, don't bother with a samsung/LG phone).