Originally Posted by dark_Templar
I tried too but unable to get it too.
Another way I discover and got the auto download back was
1) install version 2.8.1504 of whatsapp without uninstalling ur current version.
2) After installing whatsapp ver 2.8.1504 enter whatsapp (It will say inaccurate date and time)
3) Change date and time to the past (I changed month to Oct and year to 2012)
4) Disable mobile data / internet connection
5) enter whatsapp go into settings/chat settings untick auto download image
6) Ignore the warning exit and Install the current version.
Wa la.... Auto download image option is back.
It seems like this is the best and the easiest way because this works for those who don't have root like me. And I have succeeded once
The problem came up when my galaxy nexus receive ota update to 4.2. Since that, I have unable to instal any apps with previous version. Is it true that jelly bean doesn't allow us to downgrade any apps?
Are there other ways to disable auto download image without root?
Please help. Thanks
I really love stock ROM