Hong Kong SGS II Firmware Update?

Search This thread

DarkGuyver

Mar 12, 2011
Newport City
Hi Guys

I have a SGSII, which I got in Hong Kong a couple of years ago. It came pre-installed with Stock Samsung Firmware ICS 4.0.3. I currently living in the UK and was wondering if I did a Firmware update using Kites, would it install you UK version of the firmware instead of the HK version?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.

Reactions: DarkGuyver

DarkGuyver

Mar 12, 2011
Newport City
If it's got the HK firmware/CSC on it, it will update to the latest for that region; where you are now is irrelevant, it reads the CSC info off the phone to determine what firmware to upgrade to, assuming there is a later firmware for that region.

But it's a moot point. Why would you use Kies for anything ? Flash whatever stock rom for whatever region you want with Odin.

To be honest, I am a noobie when it comes to the advanced aspects of android devices. So I've always followed the mantra of always following the manufacturer's instructions to the letter. Also I don't want to loose all my user data for my game of Asphalt g :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.