Spy software possibly installed on my phone?

Search This thread

stanza

Jan 8, 2008
Hello,

So over the past few weeks, Ive noticed some strange "flashing" on my evos screen. The only way I can describe it is when movie theaters do a changeover on reels, and you sometimes notice a quick burn mark, or flash when I take a screenshot of my evos phone...if that makes any sense...

Anyways, today I ran a file recovery program on my evo to recover some deleted photos. After the software finished pulling all images from my evos flash card I noticed there were many screenshots. Anything from google searches I ran, facebook pages, websites, etc. Pretty much random screenshots from my phone. I know for a fact I didnt take these screenshots, so what can explain these images that this software recovered? Some of these screenshots are anywhere between 1 day and 10 months old...since then I have tried out numerous roms so I would assume any spy program (maybe a girlfriend installed?) would have been deleted.

Any input is appreciated.

Evo4gLI

Aug 12, 2011
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking cached images too....I know FB stores some profile pics in my gallery, and I've found advertisements in there from time to time as well.

stanza

Jan 8, 2008
Im talking about full on phone screenshots. Including the page im on, the text im sending. Status bar at the top included. Just as if I did a screen capture. Images of texts im in the middle or replying to, etc.

cybervyrus8587

Apr 23, 2010
Also what recovery program is this? And I doubt its a spy app :p

nobody calls my EVO a fizzle and gets away with it!!

Evil_DevNull

That would be bookmarks saved to the sd card sort of like web history on your pc, nothing to worry about, my evo does the same thing.

Saves history in
.bookmark_thumb1 on sd card
and in
/data/data/com.android.browser

Just internet history cache images.

Sent via XDA Premium app on my hybrid Rooted Evo 4G.

Last edited:

Evil_DevNull

Lol no I don't actually. In stock Android builds it caches everything.

No spyware caches images on the phone or sd card, it remotes it to the server in and encrypted file to be reviewed later.

Sent via XDA Premium app on my hybrid Rooted Evo 4G.

kately

Jul 29, 2011
Im talking about full on phone screenshots. Including the page im on, the text im sending. Status bar at the top included. Just as if I did a screen capture. Images of texts im in the middle or replying to, etc.

Some spy program like mobile spy can record text messages, visited websites and every activity on the phone. If you suspected that it may installed by your girlfriend, then talked about it with her. Don't distrust her if you have no evidence. Good luck.

ast22ko11

Dec 17, 2012
theiphonespyapp.blogspot.com
Check this two most common hints:

1. Is your phone easily drained battery?

2. Does your phone connect to internet even if not used?

If these two is observed in your phone then you are under radar of someone who installed the spyware.

Krazy4evo

Nov 20, 2012
Hello,

So over the past few weeks, Ive noticed some strange "flashing" on my evos screen. The only way I can describe it is when movie theaters do a changeover on reels, and you sometimes notice a quick burn mark, or flash when I take a screenshot of my evos phone...if that makes any sense...

Anyways, today I ran a file recovery program on my evo to recover some deleted photos. After the software finished pulling all images from my evos flash card I noticed there were many screenshots. Anything from google searches I ran, facebook pages, websites, etc. Pretty much random screenshots from my phone. I know for a fact I didnt take these screenshots, so what can explain these images that this software recovered? Some of these screenshots are anywhere between 1 day and 10 months old...since then I have tried out numerous roms so I would assume any spy program (maybe a girlfriend installed?) would have been deleted.

Any input is appreciated.

I remember my old Samsung had Carrier IQ "spy ware."

There's an app on the Market place that detects for this, you should look it up.

X

Xdaoscar996

Maybe some spyward ads, usually come from installing apps outside the playstore
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2