Orbox C - great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.

Search This thread

progamix

Dec 24, 2012
JwRJPBvmLCqaxmX9px11TA2LF1FPX-A3a7tNybRe67B7I-JKjkL5e_Yz-2UhAgndcCE=w124

Orbox C is a great puzzle game with simple and addicting concept.
It is the third of the orbox sliding-block puzzle games. Like it’s ancestors this game requires you to navigate the orbox through each puzzle. When you push orbox to any of 4 directions (left,right,up,down) it will keep move until it hits the wall. So you have to think your way to complete the missions.
The game has variety of missions. Find exit, blow all the bombs, activate sensors, collect stars, break ice, and any mix between of these.
It is a fun coffee break game, you will not have to over-think yourselves, the various missions and the different objectives are what will make you keep playing.
The levels are well designed and it brings good mind satisfaction when solving them. Such a mental reward.
Orbox C has somewhat a sci-fi style powered by catchy electronic music. Shiny animations please the eye.
Game has plenty of levels, over 100. Later on it will become pretty challenging and will require a logic thinking instead of trial-an-error.
Orbox C is a great choice for puzzle/logic games lovers. It trains analytical ability, logical reasoning, and short-term memory.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orboxctrial.myapp

Last edited:

progamix

Dec 24, 2012
Looks nice!
Reminds me of Quell, and I loved that game. Will definitely give this one a try!
Yes, "Quell" is same kind.
But we have some differences that makes "Orbox C" stand enough apart from Quell series.
Also I can ensure you that author(Arseniy Shkljaev) come up with idea by himself very long ago(somewhere in 96-97).
Orbox probably made this type of game popular in 2005(tho russian version released in 2004). It was flash game and it was a hit back then. After that there appeared lot of games of this kind.

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal

It is the third of the orbox sliding-block puzzle games. Like it’s ancestors this game requires you to navigate the orbox through each puzzle. When you push orbox to any of 4 directions (left,right,up,down) it will keep move until it hits the wall. So you have to think your way to complete the missions.
The game has variety of missions. Find exit, blow all the bombs, activate sensors, collect stars, break ice, and any mix between of these.
It is a fun coffee break game, you will not have to over-think yourselves, the various missions and the different objectives are what will make you keep playing.
The levels are well designed and it brings good mind satisfaction when solving them. Such a mental reward.
Orbox C has somewhat a sci-fi style powered by catchy electronic music. Shiny animations please the eye.
Game has plenty of levels, over 100. Later on it will become pretty challenging and will require a logic thinking instead of trial-an-error.
Orbox C is a great choice for puzzle/logic games lovers. It trains analytical ability, logical reasoning, and short-term memory.

I played and finished the trial and I must say it's fun. However, on my Nexus S running jellybean, the more you move, the slower the game gets. I believe it's because of how the blue path is programmed/drawn, the longer it gets, the slower the game becomes.

Reactions: progamix

Spl4tt

Yes, "Quell" is same kind.
But we have some differences that makes "Orbox C" stand enough apart from Quell series.
Also I can ensure you that author(Arseniy Shkljaev) come up with idea by himself very long ago(somewhere in 96-97).
Orbox probably made this type of game popular in 2005(tho russian version released in 2004). It was flash game and it was a hit back then. After that there appeared lot of games of this kind.

I already played games like that back then, just don't remember the name.
Probably it was that then? x)

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
It's good, the only problem is that touch sometimes fail, on the main menu when pressing start exit etc....

progamix

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks people!

Next update will add around 40-50 levels so it will be 85-95 levels total. Split levels to a packs - Easy, Average, Normal, Hard
Then with one more update all 120 levels will be available in paid version. 30 levels in each difficulty.
In the trial/free version we plan to allow play 20 levels from Easy, 15 levels from Average and 10 Levels from Normal difficulty.

I played and finished the trial and I must say it's fun. However, on my Nexus S running jellybean, the more you move, the slower the game gets. I believe it's because of how the blue path is programmed/drawn, the longer it gets, the slower the game becomes.

Thanks for the feedback! We will fix that!

I already played games like that back then, just don't remember the name.
Probably it was that then? x)

Hard to say.
You can check the first Orbox for a case - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/222350 (it's flash game)

progamix

Dec 24, 2012
so i had a bit time and played through the free version in 15mins.
Will buy the full version when I'm back on a wifi, for 1$, it's definitely worth it.
But I hope there will be harder levels?^^

There will be much harder levels than you can see in free version.
We will release update soon. It will have over 95 levels, but half of them will be easy and average. The reason is feedback we god from many people. It's too hard for many people so we decided split levels into packs - Easy, Average, Normal, Hard.
I can tell for sure you will be saticfied by the difficulty of Hard pack. It is really hard!

The final version will have 120 levels total tho.

Reactions: Spl4tt

suicidal.banana

Jul 20, 2008
Nice game man, will also be looking to buying the full version soon.

And, hands down, massive respect for going out of your way to get it pegi rated, props.

DresDE

Aug 2, 2010
I love the game - but since the latest update it runs weird on my SGS3.

Before the last update it just worked fine, now I miss some blocks, graphics seems missing, touch is not reacting properly.....

I bought the version through play store. Anyone else with problems?

BR

Dres

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so i had a bit time and played through the free version in 15mins.
    Will buy the full version when I'm back on a wifi, for 1$, it's definitely worth it.
    But I hope there will be harder levels?^^

There will be much harder levels than you can see in free version.
    We will release update soon. It will have over 95 levels, but half of them will be easy and average. The reason is feedback we god from many people. It's too hard for many people so we decided split levels into packs - Easy, Average, Normal, Hard.
    I can tell for sure you will be saticfied by the difficulty of Hard pack. It is really hard!

The final version will have 120 levels total tho.