[Q] Rapid Battery Loss & Rebooting Restores Battery?

Search This thread

NaxIonz

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas
So, my battery is wack... and I think it's only been acting like this since I went to a KK ROM? Maybe? Feels like it...
I've had this tablet since it was released last fall, and this behavior is very recent.

Anyways, it dies FAST. Like nose dives in a matter of 5-15 minutes. What's even weirder, is that sometimes, if I power cycle the device, it'll jump up by 30-60%. But then just dies again in another 5-15 minutes.

And there's a screenshot after I just power-cycled.
It jumped from 11% to 71%!!

Crazy!

I've also tried letting it get to 5% then charging it to 100%, done that twice. No luck. I don't know if this is related, but if I power it completely off, and plug it in, it turns on... kinda weird. My Note 3 doesn't do that, it just stays off and shows the battery charge indicator.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-22.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_2014-06-19-16-11-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-16-11-29.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-15-57-47.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_2014-06-19-17-15-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-19-17-15-32.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: reeps

Rupar4o

Feb 5, 2014
Sofia
So, my battery is wack... and I think it's only been acting like this since I went to a KK ROM? Maybe? Feels like it...
I've had this tablet since it was released last fall, and this behavior is very recent.

Anyways, it dies FAST. Like nose dives in a matter of 5-15 minutes. What's even weirder, is that sometimes, if I power cycle the device, it'll jump up by 30-60%. But then just dies again in another 5-15 minutes.

Crazy!

I've also tried letting it get to 5% then charging it to 100%, done that twice. No luck. I don't know if this is related, but if I power it completely off, and plug it in, it turns on... kinda weird. My Note 3 doesn't do that, it just stays off and shows the battery charge indicator.

Hi, I have similar problem and I am with 4.3 android. I have battery loss when I play games. It drops to 2-3% really fast and after reboot it goes up to 35-40%. Once I fully depleted my battery and charge it. This time there were no battery lost. After the second charging problem persists.

If you manage to fixed it please tell us how.

Last edited:

NaxIonz

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas
Hi, I have similar problem and I am with 4.3 android. I have battery loss when I play games. It drops to 2-3% really fast and after reboot it goes up to 35-40%. Once I fully depleted my battery and charge it. This time there were no battery lost. After the second charging problem persists.

If you manage to fixed it please tell us how.

No fix yet... still looking for a solution

vashminted

Jan 28, 2012
Saltillo
same here

I have a similar problem with my p600. the tablet is new, got it since a month or less.
at first i was amazed of the battery life i use it a lot for work writing documents and sheets on excel, battery used to perfom quite well giving me more than 5 hours of screen on, but recently the battery starts to drop very fast, now i can barely get around 2 hours of screen on.
i've already done 2 cycles of full discharge and then charge it completely with the tablet turned off. but the problem stills.
also sometimes when i reboot the tablet the battery goes from i.e 20% to 40% after the reboot.
im still looking for a fix or solution, today i found a new official firmware for my model (4.4 firmware for telcel mexico). going to wait until the tablet is fully charged and then flash the new firmware. I dont know if its going to help but i got nothing to lose.
by the way, sending it to semsung is not an option because of knox 0x1

Reactions: duendemago

brett_day

I have a similar problem with my p600. the tablet is new, got it since a month or less.
at first i was amazed of the battery life i use it a lot for work writing documents and sheets on excel, battery used to perfom quite well giving me more than 5 hours of screen on, but recently the battery starts to drop very fast, now i can barely get around 2 hours of screen on.
i've already done 2 cycles of full discharge and then charge it completely with the tablet turned off. but the problem stills.
also sometimes when i reboot the tablet the battery goes from i.e 20% to 40% after the reboot.
im still looking for a fix or solution, today i found a new official firmware for my model (4.4 firmware for telcel mexico). going to wait until the tablet is fully charged and then flash the new firmware. I dont know if its going to help but i got nothing to lose.

sorry to revive an old thread. I have this exact issue! it's driving me bonkers! Any fixes?

brett_day

perfect thanks. I will def give this a try.
I
Well unfortunately this has not worked....battery is still tanking. last night i played plague for 30 minutes....in 30 mins battery went from 90% to 25%. I think i will try reflashing KitKat....maybe my original update was screwy. If that does not fix it then I guess I will have to call Sammy.

duendemago

Jul 31, 2013
Mexico City
Man i ha e exactly the same problem. I calibrated it some months ago and it seemed to work fine. Now the problem is back.... Dont know what to do... I have tried several apps, though i read google doesn't recomend to use any app to fix the battery... we really need help here

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Bumping up I have the same exact problem... any fixes?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Free mobile app

reeps

Dec 2, 2007
Sorry to bump this, has anyone found a solution yet.
I've replaced the battery 3 times in about 9 months, but had this issue about a yr, was sent back to Samsung who changed the battery and supposedly updated the fw 4.4.2, I have since replaced the battery another 3 times every 3 months, each time either factory resetting or flashing a new rom, currently on official Smp600 5.1.1 BTU rom, today my battery was on 47%, I plugged in charger and was watching/streaming a movie on it, about 80 minutes later the tablet shut off, which was odd it's never powered off while on charge, powered it back on and battery said 19%, my previous issues has been the same as others, it can be on 100%, play a game, or stream a movie,or watch youtube etc and it will nosedive dramatically 20/30% at a time, sometimes within 10 mins it's gone from 100% to less than 30%, it's clear there's some sort of issue if others have it, I was wondering if a thread should be made to list ppl with this issue to see how many there are and go from there.

thebadwrench

Dec 19, 2015
Denver, Colorado
Sorry to bump this, has anyone found a solution yet.
I've replaced the battery 3 times in about 9 months, but had this issue about a yr, was sent back to Samsung who changed the battery and supposedly updated the fw 4.4.2, I have since replaced the battery another 3 times every 3 months, each time either factory resetting or flashing a new rom, currently on official Smp600 5.1.1 BTU rom, today my battery was on 47%, I plugged in charger and was watching/streaming a movie on it, about 80 minutes later the tablet shut off, which was odd it's never powered off while on charge, powered it back on and battery said 19%, my previous issues has been the same as others, it can be on 100%, play a game, or stream a movie,or watch youtube etc and it will nosedive dramatically 20/30% at a time, sometimes within 10 mins it's gone from 100% to less than 30%, it's clear there's some sort of issue if others have it, I was wondering if a thread should be made to list ppl with this issue to see how many there are and go from there.

I've been having the same issue for some time now. Calibrating the battery does help, I don't experience the problem nearly as much after calibrating it. But it'll still nosedive on occasion, maybe once a week. This is the app I use to calibrate it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Crazy!

same here

sorry to revive an old thread. I have this exact issue! it's driving me bonkers! Any fixes?

try this, bring life back to battery. If you use the trial version, keep exit and redo it until all cells are done.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BoshBashStudios.batterydoctorrepair